• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

I think I got a pre-order with Target, have a confirmation email and all that. I forgot to use the CANADASHIP code though, damn it. I was in a hurry to complete the checkout.

Not sure it'll go through though, I don't feel terribly comfortable with it. I'll still try for somewhere within Canada.

As I said earlier I managed to get my pre-order at Dufferin Mall. They actually had stock for an hour and a half from 1PM to 2:30PM.

I feel really bad for those in Quebec, especially since I lived in Montreal for a couple years a few years ago (and I was born there!), so I'd be shit outta luck if I was still there. :(

Best of luck to my fellow Quebecers. :(

chrono01

Hmm, still no order listed under my BorderFree account. It does say it might take 30 minutes to appear, I do have a confirmation email so at least that's something.

So stressful.

Proc

Hmm, still no order listed under my BorderFree account. It does say it might take 30 minutes to appear, I do have a confirmation email so at least that's something.

So stressful.

Mine is showing confirmed in my borderfree account. I ordered 2 around 20 minutes ago, just hammering on the button via iPhone.

The pre-order button seems dead now. I paid a bit more ($14.50 per unit) than buying in store, but I can't complain.

chrono01

Mine is showing confirmed in my borderfree account. I ordered 2 around 20 minutes ago, just hammering on the button via iPhone.

The pre-order button seems dead now. I paid a bit more ($14.50 per unit) than buying in store, but I can't complain.
Yep, showing up for me now too! Man, this better not get cancelled. :(

Gaenor

Banned
Hopefully my 17:45 Target order will go through, as it might be my only chance to preorder as an unfortunate Quebec citizen.

chrono01

It will lol.
You're probably right, which is why I'm still trying to grab one from a Canadian site. If I manage to get two, my sister really wants one (I actually grabbed the NES Classic Mini for her too, which she enjoyed playing), so it won't be a loss.

My order shows "confirmed" so...
Target is famous for cancelling pre-orders though, which is why myself (and others) are worried. Nothing is confirmed until it's in my hands.

Fularu

Banned

You forgot to use CANADASHIP then

You're probably right, which is why I'm still trying to grab one from a Canadian site. If I manage to get two, my sister really wants one (I actually grabbed the NES Classic Mini for her too, which she enjoyed playing), so it won't be a loss.

Target is famous for cancelling pre-orders though, which is why myself (and others) are worried. Nothing is confirmed until it's in my hands.

I'm concerned because I put in a preorder hours after preorders appeared and ended through what seems to be a website glitch. I essentially snuck an IOU into my pocket. That's not binding, and it certainly is no guarantee that they actually have the stock to sell me the item I don't think they were trying to sell me.

chrono01

I'm concerned because I put in a preorder hours after preorders appeared and ended through what seems to be a website glitch. I essentially snuck an IOU into my pocket. That's not binding, and it certainly is no guarantee that they actually have the stock to sell me the item I don't think they were trying to sell me.
From what I read, the Target website released the stock in waves, so it sounds like maybe that's what you experienced? I'm hoping it's not a glitch though, as that would affect my pre-order as well. :(

From what I read, the Target website released the stock in waves, so it sounds like maybe that's what you experienced? I'm hoping it's not a glitch though, as that would affect my pre-order as well. :(

What can you do but cross your fingers and hope for an amazon preorder, right? Good luck to both of us! And all of CANDealsGAF!

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Snuck in to the Rideau Center EB Games at lunch to get the SNES pre-order. There was a lineup at 1:15. Crazy.

Dorygrant

Wait there was pre-orders? Wow I got swindled by an eb employer who literally went on a detailed explanation on how there would be none cause Walmart ruined it for everyone.

Wow...

At that size, don't worry too much. GAF, well, it's enthusiasm that sometimes brings out overemphasis on features few will notice/care about.

Also remember many review sites do aggregate scoring i.e. Things you may not care about are factored into score (e.g. Smart features, viewing angle, ATSC tuner). If you only play games and watch Netflix siiting 6 feet away straight on, then it's hard to find a bad TV at 40".

Vizio D has low lag (check rtings.com) and is really low priced for what you get. Also widely available.
Thank you for the response! There was a part of me that already sorta knew this, but it's nice to get some reassurance from someone on here.

Thanks for the Vizio suggestion, too. I've heard a lot of great things about that brand - I'll keep my eye out for one when I go shopping next weekend.

TheExodu5

Banned
There was 1 guy at Billings Bridge. He lined up before the store opened at 9:30.

I was second in line at 12:30, brought 2 friends with me. 2 more came by 1PM.

daevv

Was super stressed when I got an email from EB Games saying the pre-orders were open. Sure enough the online was sold out. I called my local one and they said they still had some left and no one was lined up or even in the store. I actually left work, drove to that EB and got one. Stress turned to relief. Sorry for those who didn't get it. :(

Mimosa97

As I said earlier I managed to get my pre-order at Dufferin Mall. They actually had stock for an hour and a half from 1PM to 2:30PM.

I feel really bad for those in Quebec, especially since I lived in Montreal for a couple years a few years ago (and I was born there!), so I'd be shit outta luck if I was still there. :(

Best of luck to my fellow Quebecers. :(

Thank you bro :(

What I don't understand is why did EBgames send me an email in french saying that preorders for the snes classic were available. Ugh?

jholmes

Thank you bro :(

What I don't understand is why did EBgames send me an email in french saying that preorders for the snes classic were available. Ugh?

It assumed you were one of our francophone friends in New Brunswick or eastern Ontario?

Nah straight up I'm not making excuses, that was a tease on the part of EB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom