• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

sikkinixx

Looks like it's time to trade in MGSV now that it's coming to PS+. Maybe having it digitally will actually get me to finish it being able to boot it up whenever I want. (I stopped after finishing chapter 1 and looking at the ch 2 mission list being so many repeats. Watched the rest of the story on YT)

I'm gonna do the same. I think it'll be easy to load up, play a mission or two then move onto something else when it's digital.

Ok so my local mom and pop store has decided that my SNES Classic pre order doesn't exist anymore. I was really banking on that, and I have an exam at 8AM Friday morning and then go straight to work.

What are my options? Am I fucked?

The last 2 pages have great suggestions. Big box stores are typically a good choice because of early opening hours.

Jinto

Yo. I thought this was gonna get cancelled.

tY3a5vU.jpg

So far so good!

My local toys r us told me they are getting 50. I called Best Buy but they are alergic to answering phones so i have no clue how many they are getting. So I guess ill leave around 7am as both open at 10am and see what lineups are like.

My UK order shipped too! Getting here on the 13th. I have stuff to keep me busy till then so hey, I'll take it! So happy they managed to pull through.

shaneo632

Looks like the Switch I got off E-Bay for £190 (about 1/3 off retail) was a scam. Dude "sent" it Monday and it still hasn't arrived, and he said he'd send me the postal tracking number yesterday but isn't replying to me now.

Time to reversal charge the prick. What a shame, was really looking forward to getting it today :( Time to look for another deal.

neeksleep

Has anyone recieved any updates from their EBGames or Best Buy SNES order status?

EB has been silent, haven't recieved any further emails or anything since the order confirmation. Best Buy's order status still says "In progress".

Maddog

Has anyone recieved any updates from their EBGames or Best Buy SNES order status?

EB has been silent, haven't recieved any further emails or anything since the order confirmation. Best Buy's order status still says "In progress".

BestBuy hasn't said anything to me yet.

Ventara

Gonna stop by my local EB Games and see how much stock they're getting of the SNES for walk-ins. Might have better luck there if they're getting a good amount, but if not, hopefully the 500 stock that the flagship store is getting will last until I can get there at 10:30AM.

AzerPhire

EB has charged my credit card so I am sure it will be shipped today.

ItIsOkBro

my bestbuy order status is still in progress

Would it be reasonable for me to just go to an ebgames a half hour before opening tomorrow given what we know about walk-in unit numbers in the US?

Dolobill

Nothing from Best Buy for me either. Seems to be a trend with BB and Nintendo launches. My Switch arrived the Wednesday after its Friday launch.

Entropia

No One Remembers
This is my first time pre-ordering something online. This is why I generally like to go to the store to get something - if it's in stock at the store I can pick it up and walk away with it. I'm a tad annoyed that I may not be receiving it on launch day. It's not the end of the world though. I'll have copious amounts of time to play whenever I get it.

If you're in the GTA Best Buy will charge your card at some point today. Maybe this evening and the shipping notice will come tonight for tomorrow delivery.

This is how Best Buy rolls.

I ain't even worried.

sikkinixx

You people freaking out about BB (especially those in the GTA or GVR) are ridiculous.

I’m in the GVRD and they’ve always been unreliable for me. It’s why I moved all my orders to amazon, even when the prices are comparable (which I know is the opposite of many people here, but amazon has had one game out of dozens late and at least four or five early so...)

Plus I had to change my Visa on the order so now I’m nervous their shit ass system didn’t work properly.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
You should all be thankful it's being released tomorrow instead of next week before a long weekend. :lol

MrNineties

Called my local Walmart (Dufferin Mall in downtown Toronto). Dude says they will have somewhere between 80-100 units ready for the morning, and that they are already sitting there ready for sale. This store opens at 7, however starting as early as 6 they will hand out tickets to the line (supposing there is one at this point) in order to guarantee the purchase. Given that if that wasn't the case people would get trampled running to the electronics section no doubt...

Called my local Walmart (Dufferin Mall in downtown Toronto). Dude says they will have somewhere between 80-100 units ready for the morning, and that they are already sitting there ready for sale. This store opens at 7, however starting as early as 6 they will hand out tickets to the line (supposing there is one at this point) in order to guarantee the purchase. Given that if that wasn't the case people would get trampled running to the electronics section no doubt...

Oh there will be a line.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
This says 78 but I don't know how reliable it is.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Z901_UA0aMTm54/htmlview?sle=true#gid=61033557

Guys freaking out about bb make laugh. It'll ship tonight don't worry.
And even if it doesn't, freaking out accomplishes absolutely nothing. Want it tomorrow? Line up.

Lothars

SickBoy

Looks like the Switch I got off E-Bay for £190 (about 1/3 off retail) was a scam. Dude "sent" it Monday and it still hasn't arrived, and he said he'd send me the postal tracking number yesterday but isn't replying to me now.

Time to reversal charge the prick. What a shame, was really looking forward to getting it today :( Time to look for another deal.

Wait, is three days now the delivery standard from the UK?

Erudite

Freaking 4K UHD Blu Rays so god damn expensive. Still $40 for Arrival why!!
It seems like it's all over the place. I checked my pre-order for the Terminator 2 4k re-release, and it's like ~$25 CDN.

I paid $30 for the Wonder Woman 4k release over the weekend.

The Blade Runner 4k release is $50, albeit there's a shortage of that one right now (due to a manufacturing disc error from what I read in another thread), so I imagine it'll come back down once that gets sorted out

Got my Wii at the TRU at that mall a decade ago. Ah memories. Was great because the mall doors were open at like 6am on a Saturday, could wait indoors on the benches.

jpv_13

Neo Member
same here, did you get a shipping id assigned at least to the order?

Also Alberta here.

Have a shipping id but no charge or other movement on the order.

Highly unlikely that I receive it tomorrow - but at least I'll have Golf Story & Fifa 18 on the Switch to keep me occupied anyways.

Madness

I am going to line up outside the local EBGames tomorrow around 7am. They said they sbould have 20 on hand for sale non-preorder. Gonna have to call in sick. If I don't get one, well just means my luck is shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom