• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS4-

I feel like I've seen the 27inch version of that Dell go on sale for nearly 500. Maybe wait until Black Friday?

If that's all you want, you can pay a lot less.

First off: what kind of games do you play? Your priorities will depend highly on that.

Also, what kind of GPU are you running?

Yeah I think the S27 gets close to 550 give or take. But iirc, the 24 has better QC, DPI, etc. Then again, it's dell, good return/exchange, etc etc.

All types of games. I have a i7700k 4.5 ssd 1 gig and 1060 3gb

S2417DG then; but if you really want to stick with 1080, get a non *sync monitor with 120/144hz, and use the leftover money for a GPU upgrade next year.

But if you get the s24 when it's on sale, you'll be set for a while anyway; you'd just need the occasional GPU upgrade without having to worry about buying a new monitor for quite some time.

edit - let me get this out of the way first, if you know someone that has a high refresh rate monitor or a gsync monitor, play some games on it and see if it's worth spending the extra money.

Urgh, tracking on my SNES Mini from FNAC (France) says that it's waiting for me to pay customs fees... I'm already paying more than retail price here for it ($145), and now I'll have to pay customs on top of it?! Urgh. In retrospect, I probably should've waited and got one tomorrow morning, but that was before Nintendo realized there was no reason not to sell it in Québec...

Any idea how much I should expect to pay, and/or if there's any way to speed up the process? (I suppose I have to wait for Canada Posts to knock at my door and ask for the money)

They can collect at the door. HST on item value + $9.95 handling fee (also plus HST). More if there are duties.

My UK SNES shipped from Amazon.co.uk via UPS, even though I paid import deposit are they still gonna charge me at the door?

No. You're fine.

Throwing it out there incase anyone is interested :

I've got a brand new snes classic(picking it up from Eb tomorrow) that I'd like to trade for a nes classic. I'm in the GTA

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
They can collect at the door. HST on item value + $9.95 handling fee (also plus HST). More if there are duties.

Aw snap. Oh well, at least I'll have the nice Super Famicom look... but I'm not sure it was worth paying almost double MSRP. Thanks for the info!

Yoss

Neo Member
I got 2 emails from Best Buy, one saying my SNES shipped and the other saying it was delayed due to inventory. Looks like it'll arrive Monday. Oh, I'm in Calgary.

Is walmart going to have these tomorrow? I feel like they don't keep up with new tech like they do in the states, but this is a popular item.

Nvm, saw their post, all walmart stores will have it.

DJ_Lae

I think I managed to get a SNES Classic put on hold for me tomorrow, but I guess we'll see when the store opens.

I figured that going a lesser known route (ie, SDM, LD, etc) might pan out better than EB, Walmart, or Best Buy.

Of course, I won't trust anything until I actually have one in my hands. And I fully expect that to be a painful process.

zroid

Banned
EB.ca at midnight right? hopefully I'll get one this time...

though Best Buy actually advertised it in the flier so they will be getting some in stores for sure. you might be able to place an in-store reservation in the morning.

edit: oh apparently EB will have walk-ins at all locations! maybe this thing won't be that hard to get after all. especially if you can wait for later shipments. If I can't get one online tonight I'll try my luck tomorrow at the less busy store near me.

chrono01

EB.ca at midnight right? hopefully I'll get one this time...

though Best Buy actually advertised it in the flier so they will be getting some in stores for sure. you might be able to place an in-store reservation in the morning.

edit: oh apparently EB will have walk-ins at all locations! maybe this thing won't be that hard to get after all. especially if you can wait for later shipments. If I can't get one online tonight I'll try my luck tomorrow at the less busy store near me.
9PM PT, IIRC, so a little more than three hours. I hope I can get one. :(

Best of luck to those of us trying.

Im in Toronto and Best Buy says shipped via Canada Post today. I didnt get any emails though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Although tracking says estimated delivery is Monday....even though its like 15 minutes away. :(

JDH

same here, did you get a shipping id assigned at least to the order?

I did just at 6:31pm, about 2 hours after getting the shipping delay email. Nothings been updated on the tracking though, so who knows if it will even go out tonight or tomorrow. My guess is I won't be getting it until Tuesday at this rate.

I'm not freaking out, but kinda disappointed is all :/

J-bo

I got 2 emails from Best Buy, one saying my SNES shipped and the other saying it was delayed due to inventory. Looks like it'll arrive Monday. Oh, I'm in Calgary.

Exact same thing happened to me. Wondering if there is any shot it comes tomorrow. Edit: also in Calgary

ZZMitch

With a 1060 I'd say aim for 1080p, 144Hz.

144Hz gets incredibly beneficial if you're playing FPS.

Anything that's 1080p, 144Hz, GSync.

I just bough this guy: AOC G2460PG

It is on sale for $440 on newegg.ca

1080p, 144Hz, GSync

edit: for some reason the link does not work but just search for AOC G2460PG and you should find it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom