• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Urgh, tracking on my SNES Mini from FNAC (France) says that it's waiting for me to pay customs fees... I'm already paying more than retail price here for it ($145), and now I'll have to pay customs on top of it?! Urgh. In retrospect, I probably should've waited and got one tomorrow morning, but that was before Nintendo realized there was no reason not to sell it in Québec...

Any idea how much I should expect to pay, and/or if there's any way to speed up the process? (I suppose I have to wait for Canada Posts to knock at my door and ask for the money)

khaaan

I am going to line up outside the local EBGames tomorrow around 7am. They said they sbould have 20 on hand for sale non-preorder. Gonna have to call in sick. If I don't get one, well just means my luck is shit.

7? hmm...I was just going to try my luck by lining up around 8-9 for a store that opens at 10. Wont be calling in sick though, just showing up late and making up the hours.

Urgh, tracking on my SNES Mini from FNAC (France) says that it's waiting for me to pay customs fees... I'm already paying more than retail price here for it ($145), and now I'll have to pay customs on top of it?! Urgh. In retrospect, I probably should've waited and got one tomorrow morning, but that was before Nintendo realized there was no reason not to sell it in Québec...

Any idea how much I should expect to pay, and/or if there's any way to speed up the process? (I suppose I have to wait for Canada Posts to knock at my door and ask for the money)

I realized way too late that I didn't cancel all my orders. Luckily, Amazon is enough to let me cancel my orders while they were being packaged. GAME order is packing as well, but I don't know how to cancel that... :(

Oh well, having one NA and one UK order would be nice, especially if someone releases a 4 controller adapter.

kliklik

Banned
For those who have ordered from Play-Asia before:

I ordered some amiibo on the 23rd, they've already charged my credit card on the 25th, but haven't shipped yet.

When I look at the listings, they all say "In stock, ships within 24 hours".

Is this normal?

Madness

7? hmm...I was just going to try my luck by lining up around 8-9 for a store that opens at 10. Wont be calling in sick though, just showing up late and making up the hours.

I live in the lower mainland BC. Scalpers and RFD'ers up the ass. 7 should be early enough about 3 hours before they open to guarantee me one.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Hey khaaan figured Id let you know I received my shipment of protein just now.

They even included a free hat. Im impressed!

khaaan

I live in the lower mainland BC. Scalpers and RFD'ers up the ass. 7 should be early enough about 3 hours before they open to guarantee me one.

I'm hoping the reports of shipments being at good numbers is enough to make sure there are units for everyone that wants one, and to deter scalpers. Hoping they enforce a one per customer policy as well.

Hey khaaan figured Id let you know I received my shipment of protein just now.

They even included a free hat. Im impressed!

Haha, good to know. Interac money transfer still seems kinda sketchy so I don't know....I'll double check to see if I can't find any other payment method. In the meantime I'm checking out myprotein.

iphys

Planning to line up at Walmart early in the morning, with a backup plan of EB games in the nearby mall if that fails, but I just called EB and they told me to be there for 7am even though their posted hours say 9:30 and the mall doesn't open till 9:30. Do you think that means the mall doors will be unlocked at 7 so people can line up outside the store, or is EB actually doing early openings?

Sealtest

Planning to line up at Walmart early in the morning, with a backup plan of EB games in the nearby mall if that fails, but I just called EB and they told me to be there for 7am even though their posted hours say 9:30 and the mall doesn't open till 9:30. Do you think that means the mall doors will be unlocked at 7 so people can line up outside the store, or is EB actually doing early openings?

That depend's on your mall. Some open early for people to walk around and get some exercise. Best bet is to call and confirm when that is and wait at the closest door.

Sora_N

My UK SNES shipped from Amazon.co.uk via UPS, even though I paid import deposit are they still gonna charge me at the door?

Sealtest

My UK SNES shipped from Amazon.co.uk via UPS, even though I paid import deposit are they still gonna charge me at the door?

They shouldn't because what you paid upfront is what it should be but they could just say thats for customs and duties and not the privilege of them bringing it over the boarder. I doubt that'll happen though.

MrNineties

Do we have anyone with info on Amazon.ca order info? Is it expected to be a Prime-only tomorrow? I am hoping to avoid a physical lineup tbh...

ozhenson

I'm in Edmonton, planning on hitting a smaller Walmart in the city and waiting in line from 7 until they open. Fingers crossed I'll have some luck!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Best Buy shipped my SNES Classic an hour ago. Exciting!

Do I play it tomorrow, or Cuphead? Decisions decisions...

Throw them all into your backlog pile and go back to browsing GAF.

I participate in the monthly backlog thread here and it feels like very few people actually finish games considering we dont even many participants.

TheExodu5

Banned
Freesync ultrawide.

or the Dell S2417DG if you can get it on sale for under 500.

But I'd still say 1440p Ultrawide

I feel like I've seen the 27inch version of that Dell go on sale for nearly 500. Maybe wait until Black Friday?

1080p. 60 :)

If that's all you want, you can pay a lot less.

First off: what kind of games do you play? Your priorities will depend highly on that.

Also, what kind of GPU are you running?

I feel like I've seen the 27inch version of that Dell go on sale for nearly 500. Maybe wait until Black Friday?

If that's all you want, you can pay a lot less.

First off: what kind of games do you play? Your priorities will depend highly on that.

Also, what kind of GPU are you running?
All types of games. I have a i7700k 4.5 ssd 1 gig and 1060 3gb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom