• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR

Don’t know why anyone expected Best Buy to ship to DELIVER on launch day. They never do that for consoles unless you’re next door to the warehouse.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Don’t know why anyone expected Best Buy to ship to DELIVER on launch day. They never do that for consoles unless you’re next door to the warehouse.
They always have for me. At this point I'd be content with them just letting me know my shipment has been delayed. Just give me some kind of communication.

Sealtest

Don't know why anyone expected Best Buy to ship to DELIVER on launch day. They never do that for consoles unless you're next door to the warehouse.

Pretty much 50/50 for release day delivery for Windsor. But Ontario ends at London anyways.

khaaan

I live in the lower mainland BC. Scalpers and RFD'ers up the ass. 7 should be early enough about 3 hours before they open to guarantee me one.

I went to my local EB to check (Southern Ontario) around 8pm and they said they have some units but definitely not enough to meet the demand they're expecting. Dude said a couple people already said they're coming by in a few hours to line up -_-

I'll try my luck at 7am I guess.

NYR

Hmmm if true maybe I should forget staying up all night to try and get an order online, and just show up at Walmart for 7 am tomorrow morning.. there is one only a few minutes from me that says 36 in stock. Which seems like not enough ;)
The fact Walmart is getting 20,000 is enough for me to believe this thing won’t be as hard to get as the NES classic. First shipment will be tough but after that, open.

Kiro

My BB SNES shipped a few hours ago, seems like all is normal. I expect it do be delivered tomorrow (Ottawa), as BB and Amazon usually ship it the night before and it arrives the following day.

daftstar

Hmmm if true maybe I should forget staying up all night to try and get an order online, and just show up at Walmart for 7 am tomorrow morning.. there is one only a few minutes from me that says 36 in stock. Which seems like not enough ;)

Yeah I'm thinking the same. Feel like I won't get a chance online at midnight for EB so just sleep now and try early morning. Good luck everyone.

DenisQc

sorry, surely the stock vanished
I managed to get one, email confirmation sent.

surely stock limited.

good luck for everybody today !

DJ_Lae

Yeah, put me in the refreshing every second or two camp and I didn't see it go in stock once.

Site was pretty responsive, though.

Maybe you do have to have a bot set up?

pestul

As soon as the site came up from 404 I typed snes classic in the search. Took two attempts after the limit one stock warning and I got it. I never get things like this so it feels damn good.

DJ_Lae

The best part is that I know that this is what will happen on every little spurt of stock that comes in at various places. Unless you have bots set up, are incredibly lucky, or locally know someone working at a store or hang out for hours, it's going to be the NES all over again.

I'd like to just be able to buy one, at $99, without jumping through a ton of hoops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom