• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moltenix

Dammit, my Switch from Walmart is supposed to arrive this week.

I wanted to grab one of those official Nintendo Switch cases. They were in stock for a while a few weeks ago at multiple retailers so I didn't think i'd need to get one before actually getting a Switch.

Well guess what, it's out of stock everywhere now. >_>

chrono01

I just noticed Yakuza Kiwami (Steelbeook Edition) finally has the 20% off (Prime) available. It was actively applied to my existing pre-order, so I had to cancel/re-order.

They need to be faster on adding those discounts. :/

Luigi87

Tbh as someone that has never played any of them I'm considering buying it. I'm waiting for confirmation that all the games are on disc and that prime discount will get it down to $90.

I mean I was interested, because basically playing this + UNS4 gives you the entire story, but... far less interested at that price.

sikkinixx

I'm humming and hawing over keeping my PPT pre order. I like physical but seems like the kind of game digital would be nice for. Hmmm. Decisions.

I'm humming and hawing over keeping my PPT pre order. I like physical but seems like the kind of game digital would be nice for. Hmmm. Decisions.

Me too, between PS4 and Switch.

Could be picking up PS4 version instead for $18 less tax incl (hooray for prime), partially to send a message that this "Switch Premium pricing" needs to go away for small simple games like this.

Sealtest

Anyone set up a Nintendo repair before? I need to send my left joycon in for repair and they never sent me a label to print out. Do I need to go into purolator itself and get one from them?

NYR

Anyone set up a Nintendo repair before? I need to send my left joycon in for repair and they never sent me a label to print out. Do I need to go into purolator itself and get one from them?
You don't get a label or a box, you have to provide your own box. You should have got an email from Nintendo with instructions to send like an address (should be Vancouver) and a purolator 3rd party account number - the subject line should be "Confirmation of Nintendo Repair Order #xxxxxx".

If you didn't, call them again and say you didn't get your email instructions and shipping details. Once you have the number, You need to take your package to purolator (or a puro dealer like Staples) and fill out a "Waybill". It's basically one of those carbon paper thingys that makes two copies and has a shipping sticker at the end that gets created based on what you write on the sheet, looks like this:

purolator-image-ontario.jpg

The most important thing though is you need to have the 3rd party sender account number (box 15 in sample above) so you don't get dinged for shipping. Once you fill in this waybill, they will take the sticker and stick it on the box and you get one of the carbon copies so you can track it. Mine took 8 days door to door and works flawlessly now.

Sealtest

The most important thing though is you need to have the 3rd party sender account number (box 15 in sample above) so you don't get dinged for shipping. Once you fill in this waybill, they will take the sticker and stick it on the box and you get one of the carbon copies so you can track it. Mine took 8 days door to door and works flawlessly now.

Ah okay I did get that email, thanks.

I'm guessing I have to write the entire ( Nintendo of Canada Attn. Repairs Vancouver CRR )
into the receiver portion? seems like there isn't enough room for all of that.

I know I know this is a dumb question.

UberTag

My approach on the physical/digital debate always boils down to file size.
PPT is relatively tiny in terms of the amount of storage space it takes up so I'm going digital.
Whereas something like Disgaea 5 Complete or Lego City Undercover chews up enough memory that I'm electing to go the physical route with them.

killroy87

I'm cancelling Switch physical, going digital. It's $39 on the eShop vs $55 physical, and definitely seems like one of those "throw on for 30 minutes" games. I know I'll play it substantially less if I have to switch cartridges out every time I want to play.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I've seen Microsoft kill two platforms now, which makes me prefer physical.

Then again, we probably won't have any interest in playing 20 year old games when I'm in my 50s and we all live in virtual reality. lol

i-Jest

I've seen Microsoft kill two platforms now, which makes me prefer physical.

Then again, we probably won't have any interest in playing 20 year old games when I'm in my 50s and we all live in virtual reality. lol

I've very little hope of seeing the Holo Deck in my lifetime. Improved VR headsets are another matter.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I've very little hope of seeing the Holo Deck in my lifetime. Improved VR headsets are another matter.
When AppleGoogleSoft releases a VR helmet where you can emulate every single console in your brain, we won't need to worry about what happens to all these old games when servers are shut down!

iphys

I'm guessing I have to write the entire ( Nintendo of Canada Attn. Repairs Vancouver CRR )

Had that problem. I just put "Nintendo of Canada" and then "Repairs" down on the Attn line at the end of the address, and it got there fine.

i-Jest

When AppleGoogleSoft releases a VR helmet where you can emulate every single console in your brain, we won't need to worry about what happens to all these old games when servers are shut down!

My despair won't let me see that possibility. The worst part is, I don't know if that's a good thing or not. However, I for one would welcome our new MicroAppleGoogleSoft corporate overlord.

EB says that you can't trade multiples of the same game(for a trade 2 and get 1 free) but can you trade the PS4 and XB1 copies of a game and make it count?

Sapiens

So, does Amazon just not do release day availability anymore? I swear, whenever I pre-ordered games and systems in the past, they were at my door on the launch day.

Now, with the Nintendo Switch, nothing has arrived until a few days later. Puyo Tetris is out tomorrow but still not shipped.

So, does Amazon just not do release day availability anymore? I swear, whenever I pre-ordered games and systems in the past, they were at my door on the launch day.

Now, with the Nintendo Switch, nothing has arrived until a few days later. Puyo Tetris is out tomorrow but still not shipped.

I've always found that to be the issue with anything Nintendo. I think Nintendo holds stock back from Amazon until the very last minute to make sure things don't arrive early.

I have Prime and this feels like it's becoming an issue. Maybe they are ordering over their allotment and some of us are just being forced to wait until later in the week?

They need to sort it out.

NYR

I put Nintendo Of Canada and repairs in the attn. There is a suite no. In the address, I wouldn't worry about it. You can also write on the box the full address just to be safe.

Nope they don't unless otherwise indicated.

PPT was charged this morning on my end (
shipping GAF here we go..........
)

Sapiens

I've always found that to be the issue with anything Nintendo. I think Nintendo holds stock back from Amazon until the very last minute to make sure things don't arrive early.

I don't think it's been a long standing thing. New 3DS XL, Smash 3DS, Mario Maker, etc, etc, all arrived on launch. Something must have changed recently.

I'd like to know who to send my mental anger waves to.

Stopdoor

I ordered it when the game was 50$, it's 40$ with prime for me

You sure about this? Pretty sure with the way Prime works, the discount is independent of everything but the final list price. Like my order shows $49.99 because that's when I ordered it, but the full breakdown only gives a discount from the list price.

Sapiens

You sure about this? Pretty sure with the way Prime works, the discount is independent of everything but the final list price. Like my order shows $49.99 because that's when I ordered it, but the full breakdown only gives a discount from the list price.

With Prime discount and tax-in - my PPT came to $49.71. This is after the discount from 54.99...Damn, did I miss a better deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom