• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

N° 2048

Where the eff is exclusive Bayo?

I have to work, this is crazy that I have to sit here in the middle of a work day to get this.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Got Bayonetta... whew...

Do we know who was getting the alt Bayo?

EDIT: OH FUCK, THE SPLATOON ONES ARE AVAILABLE?! MUST ADD NEW ORDER

No P2 Bayonetta yet? I see P1 on the site but that's the non-exclusive one, right? Or was that never going to be BB? God, the naming convention is confusing as fuck.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Got Bayonetta... whew...

Do we know who was getting the alt Bayo?
Exclusives

Amazon
Skyward Sword Link
Corrin Player 2

Best Buy
Majora's Mask Link
Bayonetta Player 2

EB Games
Twilight Princess Link
Cloud Player 2

EDIT: And yeah, the BB ones are based on the pictures on their site and not confirmed while the EB ones are based on GameStop's exclusives in the US.

baconcow

Damn. I want Majora's Mask Link and Cloud P2 (the one that looks like the Advent Children Cloud). Available in different locations; free shipping won't be available.

UberTag

Got one! Adding to cart in advance is probably the only thing that did it.
We really should have the "add to cart" loophole exploit for Bestbuy.ca added to the OP at this point. There's really no excuse for it not to be.
It's the only way to actually cash in on these "back in stock" windows for all of the crap Nintendo fails to produce in mass quantities.
There's no excuse for ANYONE in this thread not to have something already preloaded in a cart prior to a Best Buy run.

We really should have the "add to cart" loophole exploit for Bestbuy.ca added to the OP at this point. There's really no excuse for it not to be.
It's the only way to actually cash in on these "back in stock" windows for all of the crap Nintendo fails to produce in mass quantities.

It was already in my cart and I failed anyway so it's not a guaranteed way to get one.

Maximus.

There's no excuse for ANYONE in this thread not to have something already preloaded in a cart prior to a Best Buy run.

You're wrong. You don't need to cheese the system to win.

baconcow

How exactly do you do that exploit anyway?

In Google Chrome, single right click on the "Add to Cart" button and select "Inspect" from the menu. The inspection tool will open on the right side of the browser. The cursor selection should be at the button element where you will see the word "disabled" among a lot of other text. Change the word "disabled" to enabled" and the "Add to Cart" button will become selectable.

UberTag

How exactly do you do that exploit anyway?
In Google Chrome, single right click on the "Add to Cart" button and select "Inspect" from the menu. The inspection tool will open on the right side of the browser. The cursor selection should be at the button element where you will see the word "disabled" among a lot of other text. Change the word "disabled" to enabled" and the "Add to Cart" button will become selectable.
This should be in the OP. Whether it's a guaranteed win or not it's a trick at our disposal to help beat the evil scalpers.
The scalpers clearly know about it.

Sealtest

So the package I've been waiting a month for from Spain was sent back to sender and Canada Post won't tell me why. This was after I was told 3 days ago I'd receive it today.

Returners

This should be in the OP. Whether it's a guaranteed win or not it's a trick at our disposal to help beat the evil scalpers.

Should've email tagged it then.

I tend to think that if a scalper is truly dedicated in grabbing something (basically his means of income) then they will always have more equipment to beat the rest.

I was sure best buy fixed that loop hole a while ago

I did try it. Got the system in cart and proceeded checking out minutes before 2 (it went live early) but then got as far into where this prompt came up...

"MasterCard SecureCode
To complete your transaction, simply enter your MasterCard SecureCode below. This is a secure link to your card issuer's website, ensuring that the information entered can only be read by you and your card issuer.“

Only the page never fully loaded and then it was all sold out.

But radomly checking my email, I find an oder confirmation from bb. Go to bb's website and check my order history and low and behold my order went through. Now so long as nothing goes wrong with my cc...

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Those socks when picking up MK8D were a pleasant surprise.

So it's 4:30pm ET now. Did the P2 Bayonetta amiibo just never surface? Or did Best Buy actually mean they were putting the P1 Bayonetta amiibo up with Cloud/etc., and we shouldn't expect P2 to go up today at all?

Also, why do I care about fucking amiibos? Why am I the trash of the earth?

Kyolux

So it's 4:30pm ET now. Did the P2 Bayonetta amiibo just never surface? Or did Best Buy actually mean they were putting the P1 Bayonetta amiibo up with Cloud/etc., and we shouldn't expect P2 to go up today at all?

It's this thread. I came so close to buy one of them bayonetta. But I don't have space for this. I'm trying to keep my house as clutter free as I can at least until I get kids of my own, if ever.

espher

'Weekly Ad | Pre-order Call of Duty: WWII and get “whatever it is they get” with purchase! Details inside.'

Amazing e-mail title, EB.

leeman

No P2 Bayonetta (or MM Link) yet, guess they are saving the announcement for another day...

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Yeah, might as well just put it somewhere that people can see. At least then people here can get it instead. lol

c-murph

I thiiiiink EB sent out an email with a placeholder title :p

3s1TvaZ.png

It was a hat everybody~!!

Aside from missing the classic, AGAIN I'm feeling less shitty about needing to be out at noon today, I was worried i'd miss p2 cloud MM link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom