• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert807

They got me on the socks. I was like dang I got two nieces and only one pair of socks. I can't give one pair to one kid and nothing for the other kid. So I paid 9.99$ for the second pair of socks . Got the princess socks for the second pair. Most expensive pair of socks I ever bought. Dang Nintendo tax

Wasp14

I saw the Mario socks sitting behind the counter and even though I preordered the game weeks ago I wasn't given them when I picked up my copy. Was I supposed to?

kevin1025

Banned
I saw the Mario socks sitting behind the counter and even though I preordered the game weeks ago I wasn't given them when I picked up my copy. Was I supposed to?

Yep, they were giving them out to anyone that pre-ordered. Go back and demand satisfaction!

SickBoy

Yep, they were giving them out to anyone that pre-ordered. Go back and demand satisfaction!

I wish they had different sizes. My son would love Mario socks. Me? I'm not so jazzed about them.

Still, given the rate kids grow at he should be wearing them in a few months.

Vaeghar

Neo Member
Don't know if anyone is still desperately searching for a Nintendo Switch or not, but the Tsawwassen Shoppers Drug Mart had Switches in stock an hour ago.

KJA

What are the deal with these socks? I picked up my preorder from EB Games and I was surprised to get them, lol.

I feel bad though.

While I was picking up my order, the girl that was helping me out was trying to sell the $3 extra warranty on the game and I politely said "I think I'm okay..." The conversation quickly went south and she handed my game with the utmost silence.

Now, I don't know how these things work and I'm pretty sure she HAS to say that as per like company policy or whatever but I just feel like I've been guilt-tripped by the whole situation. Is there like a quota that they have to hit to keep to their job, because I would have totally considered buying it if it meant throwing them a bone.

Most of the time that I've been there, the dudes that were helping me before offered me the warranty but they were cool about it when I declined. This one just felt different, like there was something on the line. I don't know.

Ventara

What are the deal with these socks? I picked up my preorder from EB Games and I was surprised to get them, lol.

I feel bad though.

While I was picking up my order, the girl that was helping me out was trying to sell the $3 extra warranty on the game and I politely said "I think I'm okay..." The conversation quickly went south and she handed my game with the utmost silence.

Now, I don't know how these things work and I'm pretty sure she HAS to say that as per like company policy or whatever but I just feel like I've been guilt-tripped by the whole situation. Is there like a quota that they have to hit to keep to their job, because I would have totally considered buying it if it meant throwing them a bone.

Most of the time that I've been there, the dudes that were helping me before offered me the warranty but they were cool about it when I declined. This one just felt different, like there was something on the line. I don't know.

This was probably her last chance. She'll be fired tonight.

Moltenix

I got the whole "oh no, cartridges can be easily damaged, we really recommend the warranty" spiel when picking up MK today. Got the same when getting BotW. Man, if I have to hear that every time when getting a Switch game at EB...

I got the whole "oh no, cartridges can be easily damaged, we really recommend the warranty" spiel when picking up MK today. Got the same when getting BotW. Man, if I have to hear that every time when getting a Switch game at EB...

Be like, Really? Maybe I should just buy my games digitally then.
Lets see how fast they backtrack.

It was the same with 3DS games. The amount of times I was warned about my non-existent dog accidentally chewing on the cartridge, lmao.

Lizardus

I feel bad though.

Was she cute? I think she just wanted to talk, you missed your chance. Don't blow it next time.

Ventara

Just to clarify I was kidding. I've never worked at EB, but did work at retail, and when you upsell, you gotta be polite and smile and all that. Once you're done with the upsell, you can relax, which can come off as suddenly becoming quite and solemn. That's probably what happened.

Though if she's not there the next time you go, you know what happened.

iphys

The socks were a strange surprise. Perhaps they were worried this game was so good it was going to knock our socks off.

KJA

Just to clarify I was kidding. I've never worked at EB, but did work at retail, and when you upsell, you gotta be polite and smile and all that. Once you're done with the upsell, you can relax, which can come off as suddenly becoming quite and solemn. That's probably what happened.

Though if she's not there the next time you go, you know what happened.

Maybe I'm just taking this too personally but this whole ordeal made me feel like I actually stepped on somebody's feelings, if that makes any sense.

Anyways, in the past hour and half, I have just realized that I'm not good at Mario Kart at all lol.

kinger

SDM points arent expiring yet right? i thought i heard something on rfd last year sdm might be getting rid of the optimum system?
At about the end of last year they extended the program indefinitely, so there's no end to the program planned for anytime soon. I believe we're supposed to get about a year's notice to use our points if they change their mind and decide to end it.

RS4-

Maybe I'm just taking this too personally but this whole ordeal made me feel like I actually stepped on somebody's feelings, if that makes any sense.

Anyways, in the past hour and half, I have just realized that I'm not good at Mario Kart at all lol.

You're not good at Mario Kart and dealing with women!

(I've got no deal to talk about)

pretty quiet outside my SDM, was expecting a small line

C-lFxFsV0AAt9MG.jpg

Only for $251 total after the $200 off deal

Feels good monicas

Edit, i guess i should go back and get zelda, just realized i got bonus points for spending $100+ lol

AzerPhire

did anyone else's Mario kart 8 Deluxe from Amazon have thier prime discount not apply properly ? Dealing with CS right now to get it fixed

Yeah I only got $9 off when it should have been more like $16. Let me know how it goes I am going to chat with them this afternoon.

Yeah I only got $9 off when it should have been more like $16. Let me know how it goes I am going to chat with them this afternoon.

got it all sorted, they originally tried to only refund me the difference of the proper prime discount which was $6.70 , but after a discussion about taxes i got the extra $0.79 for a total refund of $7.49. its the principle of things, ya know

etta

my hard graphic balls
Anyone using the Rogers Gigabit Ignite thingie? The router seems pretty shitty at dealing with multiple devices, and my own router is an older Linksys EA3500 and doesn't max out my connection (about 200Mbps out of the 900-1000Mbps that the Rogers modem/router gives me on an Ethernet connection).
I was wondering if I should go for a beefier Linksys or Netgear? I heard Acer is pretty good for routers as well?

Anyone using the Rogers Gigabit Ignite thingie? The router seems pretty shitty at dealing with multiple devices, and my own router is an older Linksys EA3500 and doesn't max out my connection (about 200Mbps out of the 900-1000Mbps that the Rogers modem/router gives me on an Ethernet connection).
I was wondering if I should go for a beefier Linksys or Netgear? I heard Acer is pretty good for routers as well?

Netgear nighthawk and Apple Extreme are both fine choices. Around $200 new, $150 used (thanks CDN $).

TheExodu5

Banned

The Rogers router is so bad. My connection was very intermitent on it even with Gigabit. Called them to disable it, as I always do.

I'm using an Asus AC-68U. I've had it for 3 years now and it's been rock solid.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Netgear nighthawk and Apple Extreme are both fine choices. Around $200 new, $150 used (thanks CDN $).
Hmmmmm, the AC1900 or AC3200 look good.
The Rogers router is so bad. My connection was very intermitent on it even with Gigabit. Called them to disable it, as I always do.

I'm using an Asus AC-68U. I've had it for 3 years now and it's been rock solid.
Yea my connection drops at least twice a day, but I think that's more to do with a faulty cable so they'll have to come fix that, butcan't I just disable the WiFi myself? In the 192.168.0.1 page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom