• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin1025

Banned
Amazon Prime Video in Canada is abysmal. A laughably small selection of TV shows and movies. I was expecting them to expand the library much faster.

I figured they would just flat out buy whatever Shomi had and add their own stuff on top of it. But nope, so far just the majority of their shows and Universal and Sony movies from 5 years back, haha.

Edit: Mega late edit, but I looked it up, and Patriot is coming to Amazon Prime here on the 5th of May. Better late than never, I guess.

And we're getting American Gods every week the day after Starz airings, which is pretty cool.

It still blows my mind that Amazon isn't releasing their shows day and date on the Canada side, too. Still waiting on Patriot, and Catastrophe's third season just went up on the US side and they haven't thrown any of the series on there since Shomi lost the rights. What a bunch of monsters! First they're stingy on release date delivery on games, now they won't do it on their own shows!

They haven't put up Bosch yet either. You can watch Patriot right now though if you log into the US site and go to the viewing abroad section.

Stage On

That's only true for non-Nintendo games or niche games. I mean, the games I buy tend to go out of print before they go down in price...

Yeah true enough, though those type of games are also the only one's I'm really willing to pay full price for and even then I'm still only buying just enough that I'd be lucky to even break even let alone save any actual money.

The worst part is even if you DO get prime, you still don't get your stuff on time more often then not.

kevin1025

Banned
They haven't put up Bosch yet either. You can watch Patriot right now though if you log into the US site and go to the viewing abroad section.

CraveTV has Bosch, weirdly enough, and added the third season when it released. I guess the licensing of getting it back isn't worth it for them, so they just hand over the new seasons to Bell's streaming service. Canada streaming is a mess, haha, some streaming shows end up on Bravo or Showcase, some don't even appear, or show up months later.

Canon

Banned
My Art & Artifacts mentions a fold-out poster is included, but I do not see it.

Also my BoTW hardcover has its pages all warped, from Chapters... looks really gross. There's dents on both books too.

Amazon isn't showing the 20% prime discount for Injustice 2's standard edition should I just contact CS or is this a thing that happens and they take it away from some games?

Its not out for two weeks.

kevin1025

Banned
Amazon isn't showing the 20% prime discount for Injustice 2's standard edition should I just contact CS or is this a thing that happens and they take it away from some games?

Its not out for two weeks.

Was it just put up? It takes a few days for games to finally receive the discount. Might be best to wait a few more days.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Was it just put up? It takes a few days for games to finally receive the discount. Might be best to wait a few more days.
And if they live in a city with same-day shipping it's probably better to wait until the morning of release and guarantee getting it on release day.

Ryde3

hey guys it's been so long since I needed Xbox Live, what's the best price going? I think I see Costco + Dell for 59.99? Is that my best bet?

hey guys it's been so long since I needed Xbox Live, what's the best price going? I think I see Costco + Dell for 59.99? Is that my best bet?

Costco for sure, see it in store, could be even less. Stack with 2% executive member rebate and pay with 1% rebate credit card, that's another $2 off.

i-Jest

jesus when did amiibos get that expensive

Even more of a reason to cop the last Smash Amiibo at the old price. I'd like to think with the increase in price comes better detail in figures, but I don't own a lot of the newer Amiibo so I can't comment on that. After I'm done collecting Smash, I might go back and complete the Yarn Yoshi line. After that though, I think I'm done collecting them for the foreseeable future.

Yay still waiting for my "release day" packages with Puyo and Mario Kart 8, BestBuy is trying to compete with Amazon now for shittiest delivery dates on earth...

Puyo Puyo Tetris Switch already got a $5 discount on amazon.
I'm really on the fence with this game. I know that I'd never play it by myself, but every time I've used my Switch with someone else, they've asked to play the Puyo Puyo demo when they see it on my home screen - and they always love it.

Still though, $49 ($43 w/ prime) is a bit much for a game that I personally have no real interest in outside of local multiplayer. Hopefully it will continue to get discounted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom