• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRA5H

You'll first notice it in gameplay. Something as small as a body part obstructing the direct line of sight to the console can interfere with the left joycon connection.

Go straight into your calibration tools and do the control stick test. First rotate both left and right joycons while holding it in front of you. Notice it should be completely responsive without any input lag/stutter.

Now put both behind your back and repeat the steps. You'll notice that the right joycon is still as responsive but the left joycon has very noticeable stutter. If that is the case, call Nintendo and get them expedited for repair/replacement immediately.

I'm still waiting on mine, it shipped on Monday and could take anywhere from as little as 4 days to as long as 3 weeks (what a range huh?)

Dolobill

Anyone have experience with ordering to the wrong shipping address? I accidentally used an old address on a Best Buy order last night. It hasn't shipped, but they're telling me it's too late to change or cancel it. Will I be able to get Canada Post to change the address (or just not send it out for delivery)?

CRA5H

Anyone know if you can send more than one joy con to Nintendo? I have three sets, so would like to just do it all at once

I sent in two of mine as I had 2 sets. They will have 2 work orders, 1 per joycon. But I was told that I can just use one of the work orders and both are linked the each order.

iphys

Anyone have experience with ordering to the wrong shipping address? I accidentally used an old address on a Best Buy order last night. It hasn't shipped, but they're telling me it's too late to change or cancel it. Will I be able to get Canada Post to change the address (or just not send it out for delivery)?

Canada Post isn't going to do anything unless you've paid for mail forwarding for your old address, because you're not even technically their customer in this case: BestBuy is because they're the one shipping. With any luck the current occupants refuse the shipment and it goes back to BestBuy and you get a refund. One time I sent xmas gifts to my nieces and they had moved without telling me, and the package never got refused or anything after several weeks, so my brother actually went back to his old house to see if they had the package, and they just had the package sitting in their house the whole time. I guess they just expected him to come for it at some point.

killroy87

Just noticed that Injustice 2 Ultimate Edition on PS4 is sold out almost everywhere. Why would they make something like that in a limited quantity lol? It's just the game with the season pass.

Just noticed that Injustice 2 Ultimate Edition on PS4 is sold out almost everywhere. Why would they make something like that in a limited quantity lol? It's just the game with the season pass.

At that price I'd rather wait a year and get the complete edition anyway.

Ondore

If your local Best Buy has a copy I seem to recall it was on clearance, but other than that it's a used copy or My Nintendo coupon that I think is still on.

jholmes

Thinking of getting that Animal Crossing Amiibo thing for WiiU for the games :| Am I crazy it's only $10

Is it really $10 now? I got it for $15 at Best Buy. If you think you would ever play a slowish Animal Crossing themed board game with other actual people, go for it. Plus the Isabelle amiibo is nice.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
What?! I thought it was just the first of both that were on sale. Where and when did the other two go up?
They haven't put up P2 versions of them in Canada yet.

Bayo P2 and MM Link went up on BB.com today and it's safe to assume they'll be a BB.ca exclusives.

Cloud P2 and TP Link are GS exclusives so it's safe to assume they'll be EB exclusives.

We have a Canadian Amiibo thread for a reason.

killroy87

They haven't put up P2 versions of them in Canada yet.

Bayo P2 and MM Link went up on BB.com today and it's safe to assume they'll be a BB.ca exclusives.

Cloud P2 and TP Link are GS exclusives so it's safe to assume they'll be EB exclusives.

Ah, well don't listen to me then. I could have sworn I saw long hair Bayonetta somewhere.

Harusame

The Amazon exclusives (Bayonetta P1 & Skyward Sword Link) have already gone up for pre-order. The Best Buy exclusives (Bayonetta P2 & Majora's Mask Link) have not been up for pre-order yet in Canada. The assumed Ebgames exclusives (Cloud P2 & Twilight Princess Link) have not been up for pre-order yet.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The Amazon exclusives (Bayonetta P1 & Skyward Sword Link) have already gone up for pre-order. The Best Buy exclusives (Bayonetta P2 & Majora's Mask Link) have not been up for pre-order yet in Canada. The assumed Ebgames exclusives (Cloud P2 & Twilight Princess Link) have not been up for pre-order yet.
None of the P1 versions are exclusive, only the P2 versions are. The Amazon exclusive was Corrin P2.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Prey says it will ship May 3rd but still hasn't shipped yet.
It's gonna be late again, won't it? Even with fucking Prime, Horizon and Andromeda both arrived days late.
Fucking Amazon.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Try chatting with CS, that usually helps.
I did with both Horizon and Andromeda the day they were supposed to ship (Friday for Tuesday release), and the Monday before, and got promised that it will definitely ship they have it on good authority.
They both shipped then, my ass.

killroy87

I did with both Horizon and Andromeda the day they were supposed to ship (Friday for Tuesday release), and the Monday before, and got promised that it will definitely ship they have it on good authority.
They both shipped then, my ass.

Yeah, I was just kidding and being an asshole, sorry :p

eyesradar

Find it horribly hard to go back to my 3DS even for the new FE echoes and MHXX after Switch. The pixels, man.

God bless the Switch.

chrono01

Ugh it's just so uglyyyyy. Why does it have that car floor mat texture on the shell?
Seriously. :(

I want one, but I'm going to hold out in the hopes that we get the white/orange one (or, ideally, the Metal Slime/DQXI one, but let's be honest we never will ;_;).

The black/turquoise color just looks horrible to me. I know there are fans, but it's not my ideal color combination. Not at all.

Mikey Jr.

So I'm thinking about letting my Netflix lapse for a few months because I think I've pretty much gotten all I can out of it.

What is a good alternative to Netflix that I could sub to for a while?

Amazon?
Hulu?

God I wish we had HBO go instead of this fucked up cable subscription package bullshit that we get stuck with.

jokkir

Prey says it will ship May 3rd but still hasn't shipped yet.
It's gonna be late again, won't it? Even with fucking Prime, Horizon and Andromeda both arrived days late.
Fucking Amazon.

Honestly, just cancel your order and reorder again if it has day 1 shipping. I had to do that for Mario Kart to get it first day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom