• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Oh wow, my Prey actually shipped today, due to arrive tomorrow.
Huh, maybe Amazon got its shit together after two consecutive failed release-day deliveries.

Qwyjibo

When you're playing Pro Mode games in the fall, you won't be hating yourself so much, haha.
Well, I assume I won't even get it. Staples will most likely cancel these orders from what I've read of them in the past.

But if they somehow honour it, time to prepare myself for the massive "ughhhhh" that would be selling my PS4 on Kijiji.

sikkinixx

I should head back out to try and price match it but.

I just got home. Ordered one from staples. If I get it cool. If not I'm assuming they'll be a price cut and a bundle this fall from Scorpio pressure.

CazTGG

I should head back out to try and price match it but.

I just got home. Ordered one from staples. If I get it cool. If not I'm assuming they'll be a price cut and a bundle this fall from Scorpio pressure.

That's assuming the Scorpio will put any pressure on Sony, given its (presumably) higher price and possessing nowhere near the same amount of exclusives the PS4 Pro can boast.

Maximus.

WTF...just checked my Best Buy order for the Classic NES and apparently it was cancelled. Didn't even get an email explaining it was cancelled or what. That's shitty.

I think (but am not sure) that Staples has cancelled my order. It says "cancel attempt," which is kind of a weird thing to see on an order when you haven't actually attempted to cancel anything. People on RFD are saying the CSRs they talked to said they don't even sell the PS4 Pro, which honestly makes sense (it's Staples, why would they carry the more niche version of the console when they barely sell video games?) so I think the chances of anyone getting a Pro via Staples are very small/nonexistent.

At least it doesn't look like I'll have to return a PS4 Slim I didn't want, and my wallet is safe for now. Good luck to everyone else, though!

eyesradar

Man, glad I day-1'ed both of the Pro and the Switch. The launching trade-in deals for both of them at EV were unreal! ($175+$50 trade-in bump for OG PS4 / 2x trade-in values)

c-murph

I have walked into stores a few times this week and seen Switches available. Same with Pro controllers. Feels like stock is coming around.

The Walmart in Northern Ontario had like 4-5 Greys and 1 Neon yesterday afternoon. Plus a pile of Pro Controllers.

Just got a cancellation email from Staples about the PS4 Pro. No store credit.

Eh, whatever. At least I don't have to return a PS4 Slim. I'll keep trundling along with my OG PS4 until a compelling reason to upgrade comes along.

How often do you all forget about E3 preorders???

I just got an email that Amazon had shipped my PS4 copy of Prey...what?

I was contemplating getting it on PC, via cdkeys, not PS4 via Amazon.

Oh I see, right, I preordered it last E3. Welp, that answers that question.

I made a spreadsheet

Vinc

I hope there's an E3 deal to sweeten the pot for Prime members. Maybe 20% off for non-prime and 30% for prime members?

Skikkiks

I hope there's an E3 deal to sweeten the pot for Prime members. Maybe 20% off for non-prime and 30% for prime members?

whatever amazon does for e3 will be entirely on best buy putting forth a competitive deal

if best buy does that point stuff again, expect like a deal on prime at most lol

etta

my hard graphic balls
Prey delivered on release day, huh.

Amazon just updated my RDR2 order. Jan 1 2018

🤔
I was really looking forward to walking out of Best Buy with a new Xbox console, Modern Warfare 2, and Red Dead Redemption 2 one November day this year.

😔

N° 2048

Amazon just updated a bunch of my orders and charged me $0.00 lol
Usually I get that charge if a game is shipping soon but I got nothing coming this month from them .

kevin1025

Banned
Amazon has been tossing release date delivery on a solid number of titles the past day or two, pretty nice to see!

Except for Switch games, those are still in the air.

Amazon just updated a bunch of my orders and charged me $0.00 lol
Usually I get that charge if a game is shipping soon but I got nothing coming this month from them .

I got an order confirmation from them a couple of hours ago for a bunch of orders I placed 2-3 years ago. Very odd.

SickBoy

That NBA Playgrounds thing will be interesting to see. I think it went up by mistake. I would be stunned if they didn't just delete them from the accounts that downloaded them. I managed to get it this morning... didn't really help solidify my decision on the game one way or another (I would love to have some arcade sports games on Switch).

I made a spreadsheet (for his Amazon preorders)

I've got a pretty basic spreadsheet, too. I like tracking how much I've saved with the E3 preorders vs. list price. It's nice looking back and seeing I got gears for 56% off.

I hope this E3 proves that my little Google Doc hasn't outlived its usefulness, because price tracking is a pretty big piece of it for me. Maybe I'll cancel Spider-Man and Detroit in the hopes that they offer something better this year.

Skikkiks

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I bring you...

the ULTIMATE DEAL

5fcNxue.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom