• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reckheim

Prey says it will ship May 3rd but still hasn't shipped yet.
It's gonna be late again, won't it? Even with fucking Prime, Horizon and Andromeda both arrived days late.
Fucking Amazon.

They started using their own courier and it has gone down the shitter. I never ended up getting persona 5 from them (they lost it apparently) even tho I pre-ordered it. I cancelled my prime membership and will just pre-order from best buy now.

Amazon can go fuck it self.

Fularu

Banned
My Yakuza and Loque's quest orders were fixed by Amazon. Yakuza is now 32$ and Loque is 16$

Of course nowhere does it mention that prime was applied

What a mess :p

So I'm thinking about letting my Netflix lapse for a few months because I think I've pretty much gotten all I can out of it.

What is a good alternative to Netflix that I could sub to for a while?

Amazon?
Hulu?

God I wish we had HBO go instead of this fucked up cable subscription package bullshit that we get stuck with.

Amazon Prime.

Watch 90 episodes of Unsolved Mysteries.

Cancel.

Fularu

Banned
Goliath is amazong if you have Prime

Same with Man in the High Castle

I can't recommende both enough, they're incredibly good

Sealtest

Does Nintendo's status check on the website not work? I've been tracking it since monday when they received my joycon for repair and today I got an email that it shipped. Nothing about it ever being repaired for sync issues.

Vinc

I'm a Prime member who ordered Prey during the E3 2016 promo.

It just shipped with 12 dollars off instead of the full 20% discount.

Took 3 HOURS to end up getting told I will be given a 3.86 refund after the game ships, as they cannot refund before that. I'll need to contact them again 3 business days after it ships, if the refund doesn't happen automatically.

These price errors are getting so annoying. I will absolutely not renew prime. Not worth it.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
crunchyroll
funimation
giphy.gif

Proc

Wow I waited to watch the giant bomb quicklook on Mario kart 8 deluxe and now it's sold out on amazon.

Oh well, I'll wait for restock and still get prime discount instead of rushing out. I guess this is what happens when 3rd parties leave the field wide open for Nintendo. Plus Mario kart has a huge following but I'm pretty shocked they sold out.

Iced

Wow I waited to watch the giant bomb quicklook on Mario kart 8 deluxe and now it's sold out on amazon.

Oh well, I'll wait for restock and still get prime discount instead of rushing out. I guess this is what happens when 3rd parties leave the field wide open for Nintendo. Plus Mario kart has a huge following but I'm pretty shocked they sold out.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B071XNBL33/

A business called "Dundas Discs" appears to be selling it for cheaper than Amazon right now, but it seems like it's still in stock on Amazon too.

Edit: Nevermind, looks like it ships in 1-3 months. Wow! Had no idea MK8D was selling out.

Finally got my Switch Bundle with MK8D.
I opened the switch but not MK8D.
Since I bought it as part of a bundle, can I still return just the game? There was no discount buying both (they literally just included the physical game with the shipment).
I have Amazon Prime (both US and Canada) and Best Buy GC so I want to reorder with the 20% discount :).

jaybe00

Neo Member
Finally got my Switch Bundle with MK8D.
I opened the switch but not MK8D.
Since I bought it as part of a bundle, can I still return just the game? There was no discount buying both (they literally just included the physical game with the shipment).
I have Amazon Prime (both US and Canada) and Best Buy GC so I want to reorder with the 20% discount :).

If the receipt just shows one item called "MK8D Switch bundle" or something to that effect, then I doubt it. Technically, you've opened it. If the game and Switch are separate on the receipt, then that's more likely to be accepted. Looks like MK8D may be sold out on Amazon.ca any way.

Welp no amazon ship bitching from me regarding Prey. Not only did it ship on time, I actually got it overnight even on 2 day shipping.

If the receipt just shows one item called "MK8D Switch bundle" or something to that effect, then I doubt it. Technically, you've opened it. If the game and Switch are separate on the receipt, then that's more likely to be accepted. Looks like MK8D may be sold out on Amazon.ca any way.

Whew. It's two items on the online receipt. Sweet. It's available in .com and bb.com so I'll just order it from either of those two sites once I return this today.

I actually hope they don't now. It turns out the model number on the Staples product page is actually for the slim. Chances are, if they DO honour it, you'll get a slim.

In other words, there's a decent chance I've just bought myself an unexpected trip to Staples to return a PS4 slim.

Qwyjibo

Oh fuck off. I don't need a PS4 Pro... right? Maybe. Goddamnit...

I originally bought my PS4 on an Amazon.ca pricing error. Now this to tempt me.

AtlantiC_CodeX

Neo Member
That's what I would like to know as well. And BEFORE I actually make the purchase. By calling them?

I don't want to risk Staples correcting the page and being out of luck after the fact.

This is what I've found on their website

Since you haven't made your purchase yet you can visit any store to request a price beat. If you qualify, they'll be able to discount your purchase on the spot. No need to wait for a credit.Remember to bring the flyer, advertisement, or web address of the lower-priced product with you.See our help topic for more information.

I'm stuck at work till midnight and bb closes in 55 mins here :/

Edit: odds are if you go to BB they'll check the model number and figure out it's a slim if their process is similar to WM

Qwyjibo

Yeah it's not the friendliest price match system for online purchases. I'm not sure I want to bother ordering from Staples here if they're just likely to ship out a Slim (if anything at all).

CazTGG

Going to price match against Wal-Mart (I refuse to give BB any business after what they did to Future Shop employees) and see how it works out.

Palehorse

How often do you all forget about E3 preorders???

I just got an email that Amazon had shipped my PS4 copy of Prey...what?

I was contemplating getting it on PC, via cdkeys, not PS4 via Amazon.

Oh I see, right, I preordered it last E3. Welp, that answers that question.

AtlantiC_CodeX

Neo Member
Looking more on BB's website i found this:

Which products qualify?

The product you’re comparing must meet each of the following criteria to qualify for a price beat.

Must have the exact same brand name and model #.

Must be priced in Canadian Dollars and include all environmental fees, shipping costs, and other charges.

Must be sold and shipped by a retailer or authorized dealer located within Canada.

The product must be in stock, available for sale, and cannot be a limited time offer or available only in limited quantity.

The product’s price must not be lower due to an advertising error, misprint, or special sale price.

So it wouldn't be a good idea to try and price match. WM propbably has similar policy from previous experience.

Good time as any to offer my $10 off $100 Staples.ca coupon to someone who wants a PS4 Pro and didn't get a coupon. :p First to PM or quote me claims it!

kinger

Is the Staples product page not loading properly for anyone else? The entire site column for the price and add to cart button is just white space for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom