• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokkir

I'm really on the fence with this game. I know that I'd never play it by myself, but every time I've used my Switch with someone else, they've asked to play the Puyo Puyo demo when they see it on my home screen - and they always love it.

Still though, $49 ($43 w/ prime) is a bit much for a game that I personally have no real interest in outside of local multiplayer. Hopefully it will continue to get discounted.

Same boat as you. And now that Mario Kart is out, I don't see it being played much :\

Has anyone else not received MK8 yet? Fucking Amazon prime. The tracking said it was out for delivery this morning, the mail has come and nothing. I'm hoping they are sending it through another courier but it's 40 minutes to 8pm and I'm losing hope.

iphys

Found the blue Joy-Con set in stock at Staples.ca, and they gave me a $10 off $100 coupon for signing up for their newsletter. Don't forget greatcanadianrebates.ca for a little extra savings too.

Speaking of Staples coupons above, I actually have a $15 off $150 Staples(dot)ca coupon I don't need that expires tomorrow. First to PM me gets it! :)

zroid

Banned
I saw a Mr. Resetti for $3.88 at Wal-Mart so I snagged it

you're welcome, Wal-Mart, for me taking another Animal Crossing amiibo off your shelves

also: Star Fox Zero + Guard was on clearance for $29.97

Xenoflare

Any chance that Persona 5 is getting a restock in stores anytime soon?

Was planning to get it down the road with a PS4 slim but caved at the sight of a rare PS3 version found it in a store.

Still plan to double dip but it seems like it's out of stock everywhere....

i-Jest

Was planning to get it down the road with a PS4 slim but caved at the sight of a rare PS3 version found it in a store.

The PS3 version is hard to find now? Well it's not like it wasn't going to be wildly stocked everywhere, in comparison to its PS4 counter part. I'm still a bit surprised though.

sikkinixx

Do Nintendo e-shop cards ever go on sale? I was looking at between PPT, that $7 pixel Zelda looking game, NeoGeo stuff and Wonder Boy there is a good $100 of stuff I wanna get.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Do Nintendo e-shop cards ever go on sale? I was looking at between PPT, that $7 pixel Zelda looking game, NeoGeo stuff and Wonder Boy there is a good $100 of stuff I wanna get.

Last time they were on sale was when Target was around.

Lexxism

Where do you live? Are you interested on buying my copy? It's still sealed tho.

Xenoflare

The PS3 version is hard to find now? Well it's not like it wasn't going to be wildly stocked everywhere, in comparison to its PS4 counter part. I'm still a bit surprised though.

The person who helped me on checkout mentioned how that is appreanrly the "only copy in the province" so I take it as its rarity, and yes I do know it won't be stocked as much as it's counterpart, EB for example doesn't even have it on its website anymore

Where do you live? Are you interested on buying my copy? It's still sealed tho.

I'm in Van but even if that's the case it needs to wait since I don't have cash to spare right now, just asking to see if it's ever gettting restocked haha.

galgu

Neo Member
Is there anywhere I could find a deal for a PS4 Pro ? I can only find it full price (500$+tx) and no pack available.

Robert807

Are you guys sure those old 49.99 & PlayStation cards can get activated? . The reason I ask because shoppers drug mart had over 50 of those old psn cards, now the are all gone. I ask the people working there and they said those old cards will not activate no more. We took all of the old cards down because they don't work no more. I never heard that before .

CazTGG

Not really; you might find a listing on eBay where a $5 or $20 card + a Virtual Console game that goes for less than its value but they don't come up too often (We recently had a $5 eShop + Super Mario Bros. for $4). So far as I know, the best deal right now is to buy an eShop card via The Source while receiving a small cash back from Ebates.

kevin1025

Banned
Are you guys sure those old 49.99 & PlayStation cards can get activated? . The reason I ask because shoppers drug mart had over 50 of those old psn cards, now the are all gone. I ask the people working there and they said those old cards will not activate no more. We took all of the old cards down because they don't work no more. I never heard that before .

I bought one last month at an Esso, activated perfectly!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

More like an employee bought them all to scalp.

Not really; you might find a listing on eBay where a $5 or $20 card + a Virtual Console game that goes for less than its value but they don't come up too often (We recently had a $5 eShop + Super Mario Bros. for $4). So far as I know, the best deal right now is to buy an eShop card via The Source while receiving a small cash back from Ebates.

And if you trade in games,EB does 20% trade bump toward digital cards.

So after getting Mario Kart and finally detaching my Switch joycons for the first time to play 2P Mario Kart (I play with a pro controller and never detached my joycons before).

I discovered that my left Joycon sync problem was atrocious, it would even desync with no obstruction to the docked switch, I proceeded to call Nintendo right away and have shipped it today for repairs.
Does anybody here have had the joycons repaired by Nintendo Canada? how long did it take for you to get your joycon back?, and most importantly, was it really fixed?

Sealtest

I had the same problem. Took 6 days to get to them. They were delivered yesterday but Nintendo hasn't verified they arrived yet. I'm guessing 2-3 week wait

Kirtaner

Neo Member
Fuck yeah Best Buy!

Thanks for ordering Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition Console. However, due to circumstances out of our control the item is no longer available and so we were forced to cancel your order.

We sincerely apologize for this, and we'd like to make up for the inconvenience by offering you a $ 10 eCertificate. To use your eCertificate you must have an account on BestBuy.ca and a valid credit card.

Canada Post seems to have lost my copy of MK8DX so I caved and went to EB right by my house to pick it up. I was going to use the Amazon copy to return to eb games whenever it gets here since EB accepts returns on unopened games. There is one problem that I might be overthinking, all the copies of MK8 they had have a price tag sticker on them. Does anyone think it will be a problem if I try to return the amazon copy since it won't have an EB sticker?

I just want to play this game :(

Riptwo

So after getting Mario Kart and finally detaching my Switch joycons for the first time to play 2P Mario Kart (I play with a pro controller and never detached my joycons before).

I discovered that my left Joycon sync problem was atrocious, it would even desync with no obstruction to the docked switch, I proceeded to call Nintendo right away and have shipped it today for repairs.
Does anybody here have had the joycons repaired by Nintendo Canada? how long did it take for you to get your joycon back?, and most importantly, was it really fixed?
I sent mine in on a Friday, and if I remember correctly, I received a new set the following Friday and they definitely worked better. I was having issues with my original set in Zelda constantly (i.e. if I placed my knee between the dock and the joycon, it would disconnect), and I haven't had that problem since.

Canada Post seems to have lost my copy of MK8DX so I caved and went to EB right by my house to pick it up. I was going to use the Amazon copy to return to eb games whenever it gets here since EB accepts returns on unopened games. There is one problem that I might be overthinking, all the copies of MK8 they had have a price tag sticker on them. Does anyone think it will be a problem if I try to return the amazon copy since it won't have an EB sticker?

I just want to play this game :(

Doubt that will be a problem...but take the sticker on your copy and put it on the Amazon copy? These stickers come off easily.

I had the same problem. Took 6 days to get to them. They were delivered yesterday but Nintendo hasn't verified they arrived yet. I'm guessing 2-3 week wait

Oh man I hope it's not 3 weeks, that's a lot!

I sent mine in on a Friday, and if I remember correctly, I received a new set the following Friday and they definitely worked better. I was having issues with my original set in Zelda constantly (i.e. if I placed my knee between the dock and the joycon, it would disconnect), and I haven't had that problem since.

Nice, a week would be a pretty good turnaround.

Bronetta

Ugh I really should have sent my joycon in for repair earlier. My friends having a get together this weekend and Ill need the joycon for then. Hopefully the desync issue doesn't happen too much at his house, last thing it needs is negative impressions from people.

Sealtest

Oh man I hope it's not 3 weeks, that's a lot!

Nice, a week would be a pretty good turnaround.

I guess it depends on where you live. It takes about a full week to go from Windsor to Vancouver so for me its already a 2 week wait without any of the days they take repairing or replacing.

iphys

In my experience, the bonus airmiles almost never actually show up, and they make you wait so long before you're allowed to complain about it you're likely to just forget about it by then. It's not worth jumping through all the hoops and then putting up with all the hassle.

X-Factor

What kind of stress tests do you use to see if your controllers have a disconnection issue?

I have an unopened Joy-Con set I still need to test out.
I have not played that many games with the joycons disconnnected from the Switch because I prefer using the Pro Controller most of the time.

Ugh I really should have sent my joycon in for repair earlier. My friends having a get together this weekend and Ill need the joycon for then. Hopefully the desync issue doesn't happen too much at his house, last thing it needs is negative impressions from people.

KraytarJ

What kind of stress tests do you use to see if your controllers have a disconnection issue?

I have not played that many games with the joycons disconnnected from the Switch because I prefer using the Pro Controller most of the time.
I just took it off my Switch walked a couple feet back and put my hand in front of it while doing the analogue calibration thing while rotating in circles. If it's smooth or close to it then you're fine, if it's choppy it's got a problem.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Man, Petro-Points is such a piece of shit, less than 1% rewards. I'd get about $20 off gas every 10 months, I'd sooner just use Shell due to the much nicer stores.

Kyolux

Man, Petro-Points is such a piece of shit, less than 1% rewards. I'd get about $20 off gas every 10 months, I'd sooner just use Shell due to the much nicer stores.

I go to Essos for the aeroplan points. With my credit card + aeroplan card I get 3 times as much points. So something like 120 points for $40 of gas I'm assuming? Much better than nothing.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

Go as far away from the Switch while it's docked that you'll ever play it. Go into the options menu and use the calibration tool. Spin the control stick in circles then put it behind your back while you continue to do so. You either have a problem or you don't.

Bronetta

Regular gameplay did it for me in BotW.

Sit a few feet back, see how responsive it is. Try obstructing it behind your back or leg, see if its still responsive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom