• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cant stop watching the Halo 2 commercial.

Over a commercial... OMG!!! I've watched it 25 gazillion times!! PWNED!!

Halo 2 certainly cast a long shadow.

LOL. I am sooo afraid of what the official Halo 2 thread will look like Nov 9th. It's gonna be scary. The spooge will be thick.

Mrbob

sonycowboy said:
Over a commercial... OMG!!! I've watched it 25 gazillion times!! PWNED!!

Halo 2 certainly cast a long shadow.

LOL. I am sooo afraid of what the official Halo 2 thread will look like Nov 9th. It's gonna be scary. The spooge will be thick.

Looks like someone is jealous.

Lakitu

st5fu
I won't be in the official thread, November 9th, I'll be well away :p since I'm getting it on November 11th, and won't come back till I complete it. Damn it's so close :)

Mrbob said:
Looks like someone is jealous.

I fully expect Halo 2 or HL 2 to be GOTY, but please, a commercial can be damn cool. It can be topic worthy. It can be the best damn commercial ever.

But some people just might be taking it a little too far. But hey, whatever floats ones boat.

PhatSaqs

Banned
sonycowboy said:
But some people just might be taking it a little too far. But hey, whatever floats ones boat.
And some people might just be a little jealous. There's enough room for two boats.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
That is a pretty badass trailer. Shows lots of cool footage of the game, while coming off as more of a dramatic trailer than a commercial for a videogame. The voice of the alien bad-guy thingy is awesome too. :)

Mrbob

If you break down that trailer between the 19-21 second mark there is something interesting shown there. Some sort of character (Prophet?) about to slice off the head of another alien creature with an energy sword of sorts!! It cuts really quick hard to see unless you watch it frame by frame.

ced

Mrbob said:
If you break down that trailer between the 19-21 second mark there is something interesting shown there. Some sort of character (Prophet?) about to slice off the head of another alien creature with an energy sword of sorts!! It cuts really quick hard to see unless you watch it frame by frame.

Your not talking about the Brute right?

I said this when the first shaky cam footage came out. Its a Brute branding an elite with a smoldering tree, and people thought I was crazy...

This can clearly be seen now, this is from the trailers too, not the leaked game.

SyNapSe

ced said:

I said this when the first shaky cam footage came out. Its a Brute branding an elite with a smoldering tree, and people thought I was crazy...

This can clearly be seen now, this is from the trailers too, not the leaked game.

YOUR CRAZY!!

Mrbob

ced said:

I dunno. It is hard to say. It looks like a FMV clip more than anything. And the character doing the cutting has spikey white hair looks unlike any other creature I've seen. Doesn't look like a brute to me...

Its a Brute branding an elite with a smoldering tree, and people thought I was crazy...

The one creature sure looks like a Brute to me but the other thing looks nothing like elite. It doesn't seem to look anything like the Flood from the last game either. WTF is it?

ced

KilledByBill said:
The one creature sure looks like a Brute to me but the other thing looks nothing like elite. It doesn't seem to look anything like the Flood from the last game either. WTF is it?

He has no armor on.

Sander

h2_clip.gif

Axsider

Banned
kitchenmotors said:
Am I the only one who just does not like the alien designs in the Halo universe? It kind of angers me how much better the design aspect of the enemies could be and how much more atmoshpere could be added. I'm not big on the bright neon colors, especially compared to the dark greens used for MC. A bad contrast.

So true! From the design, MC looks really good. But the aliens..... my good... totally crappy!

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Axsider said:
So true! From the design, MC looks really good. But the aliens..... my good... totally crappy!
Actually I agree. I've always felt the enemy design in the Halo universe was weak. They hardly look menacing and scary at all, almost kind of cartoonish.

Ramirez

Anyone read First Strike besides me?The way they describe Brutes in the book is like WOAH!It says MC unloaded a whole clip into one's stomach at point blank range and it didn't stop him,took a grenade :p I bet they're gonna be a real bitch in the game :(

Simo

dorio said:
Best tagline ever! Whose voice is that?

I originally though it was John Hurt but it turns out it's actor, Michael Wincott:
Ealien10.jpg

(Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, The Crow, Metro, Alien Resurrection, Treasure Planet)

Apparently in Halo 2 he does the VO for:
The Prophet of Truth.

Ramirez said:
LoL,I fuckin love the neon colors and shit,I mean they're ALIENS,what do you want them to look like?

Not like a fucking neon sign, that's for sure.

Art is subjective, but as an artist I will tend to see these things far before anything else. It's the first thing that comes to mind.

I want a "mature" looking Halo. :p Just kidding.

nice ad. Wish it was longer and more informative... I want Halo 2 like yesterday.

maybe its the video but that PNO3 robot clone looks very badly made/textured.

PanopticBlue. I don't see how taking a video from a clip that we're watching/discussing is spoiler. Relax. YOu can't even tell what it is.

dorio

Banned
Simo said:
I originally though it was John Hurt but it turns out it's actor, Michael Wincott:
Ealien10.jpg

(Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, The Crow, Metro, Alien Resurrection, Treasure Planet)

Apparently in Halo 2 he does the VO for:
The Prophet of Truth.

Thanks for the info. I really like that actor.

TheGreenGiant said:
PanopticBlue. I don't see how taking a video from a clip that we're watching/discussing is spoiler. Relax. YOu can't even tell what it is.

Ha, it happens so quick in the commercial, I had to rewatch again to see it. Still, Price of Space's comments might be spoilers.

Top Bottom