• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announced Resident Evil 4 for PS2

mattx5

Time to dig it out...

*ahem*

stop1.jpg

Soul4ger

AniHawk said:
It shall be interesting to see which sells more. The latest GC MegaMan games have been just inching out the PS2 counterparts. Still putting money on PS2 version though.

Well, this one has blood. It's guaranteed to sell on the PS2. Viewtiful Joe? Mega Man? Not enough mature violence.

Miburou

Maybe now DCharlie can criticize RE4's controls without fear of being attacked by Santacruzer and co. :D

I gotta say, now all the hoopla about Capcom and their FOR THE INDUSTRY, FOR GAMECUBE nonsense sounds pretty damn pathetic right now.

I'm still going to get the GC version, though.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
you know, it's a bummer that dead phoenix got canned. besides joe, i thought it was the most promising of the ill-fated capcom 5. i dug the legendary wings references. maybe that'll resurface on ps2 as well.

Grubdog

Banned
bailout.jpg

whoops, someone posted it before me, I could have sworn it wasnt in that post though, must have been edited :p

drohne

if they're going to take a year to port it, why announce it now? just to undermine the gamecube before its last holiday season? or to pacify stockholders?

Justin Bailey

------ ------
Can't say I didn't see this coming eventually. I guess their exclusivity agreement with Nintnedo ran out today or something.

AniHawk

cja said:
http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/news/pdf/e041101.pdf

GameCube
Japan?January 27, 2005
U.S.A.?January 11, 2005
Europe?Spring of 2005

PlayStation2
Japan ?End of 2005
U.S.A. ?End of 2005
Europe?End of 2005

BUY A GAMECUBE

From a business standpoint, this doesn't make sense. They should have waited until after Spring of 2005 to tell everyone the good news. That way they'd have gotten some more sales out of the GC version.

Then again, it's not like everyone in the world knows this (ie, casuals), but Gamestop/EB employees will tell their customers this.

*waits for The Legend of Zelda XII to be ported next*

drohne said:
if they're going to take a year to port it, why announce it now? just to undermine the gamecube before its last holiday season? or to pacify stockholders?

I'd guess the latter is correct, tho it sure feels like the first one right now. Talk about slap in the face.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
yeah.. why would they announce this before the cube version went on sale.. seems like they wanted to kill off some potential sales.

Deku Tree

I personally don't care, even though it's bad news for the gamecube, as long as they don't delay the GC version to release them simultaneously.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
suddenly capcom realized they had to make money. but i dunno if a new re is gonna generate as much sales as it used to anyway.

Miburou

It's strange that they're announcing this just before the GC version is released. It's like they want to sabotage its sales on the GC or something. It also sucks if the PS2 version comes out with extra content.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Every RE game eventually ends up on everything, not that surprising. And it's not as if it's a simultaneous release, far from it.

A simultaneous release would have been a kick in the head to a GC that's already on it's knees. So it could have been worse people!

Socreges

Banned
I'd be surprised if anyone (besides IGN members) gets bent out of shape about this. PS2 fans get the opportunity to play it and Nintendo fans don't have to snivel in that the GC version has almost a year on the PS2 one and will likely look better.

Btw, is it already 30fps?

Soul4ger

Miburou said:
It's strange that they're announcing this just before the GC version is released. It's like they want to sabotage its sales on the GC or something. It also sucks if the PS2 version comes out with extra content.

You can play as Dante.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
RTFM Bitches! :p

Read the bottom part of it with the projected release dates.

GC version is still set for Early January in Japan/US and spring for Europe. On the other hand the PS2 version is projected for "End of 2005" according to the press release, so that probably means they wriggled out of the contract by making the GC version a timed-exclusive.

My guess (and others that I've talked to such as Dragona) is that the release date for the PS2 version will end up sometime in early 2006 in all territories, to make it an even year between platform releases. o_O

In all honesty though, I would just like to see them get this game running well on the PS2. If they manage it, big props to Capcom's staff.

Edit: Dammit this forum moves too fast for my poor browser.

snapty00

Banned
This made my day. :)

From the IGNcube boards:

-It'll never be on the PS2.

-wtf fake d00d.

-Post it on the Vestibule, they'll believe anything!

-Can't be real. Capcom has said countless times RE4 is a GC exclusive. This is extremely hard to believe.

-If that's true, which it probably isnt, I will die.

-Maybe that explains why the textures look kinda bad. It was developed with the PS2 in mind all along.

Troidal

So much for another exclusive.

Gamecube, now you are alone, where's your third party support? Huh?
OWNED!

That leaves me with just the new Zelda and nothing else really...

demi

I SURE ENJOY MY RESIDENT EVIL AND RESIDENT EVIL ZERO ON MY PS2 TAKE THAT PSYBORGS!!!!1

i mean oh sh

AniHawk

Troidal said:

OWNED!

Wanna bet Zelda gets moved to the next system, now?

Bishman

drohne said:

I am guessing stockholders. *sigh* This really sucks for Nintendo. Well I guess nothing is exclusive anymore. GTA was single handily one of the best exclusive game for PS2, now it is for Xbox.

Hollywood

Banned
LOL - okay I like Nintendo but this is funny. They are sooo fucked. The PSP price and this is like a double shot to the nads followed by a right fistto the temple.

Meier

Poor Nintendo. Not only is Capcom dicking them by porting it, they're announcing it over a year in advance of its release which will hurt sales of the Cube release. Doubly owned.

drohne

AniHawk said:
Wanna bet Zelda gets moved to the next system, now?

depends on how close it is to completion, i'd think. if it's slated for late next year, there's probably little point in releasing it on gamecube. and nintendo certainly weren't shy about moving late n64 games to the next platform.

Speevy

Banned
Troidal said:

OWNED!

Jungle Beat.

Top Bottom