• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier SPOILER THREAD | ...does anyone want to get out?

embalm

So what the hell was Hydra going to do to get rid of Banner?
Based on his line from avengers about eating a bullet and everyone being surprised, I would guess that Hydra doesn't have that intell.

Also if SHIELD was really keeping the army off Bruce's back, I hope this means we get another Hulk movie in phase 3. Would love to see some things they setup in the first Hulk fall into place.

tino

Banned
The hitchman bad guy who was fighting Falcon in the end, who looked like Luke Evans. Who is him and is he going to be a recurring character?

The hitchman bad guy who was fighting Falcon in the end, who looks like Luke Evans. Who is him and is he going to be a recurring character?

That was Rumlow and it seems he'll be returning as Crossbones in the sequel. (thanks to blader and shield for the info)

xPuGkpa.jpg

Crossbones. Frak yeah!

The Winter Soldier is hands down my favorite villain from the MCU. He was legitimately awesome.

He should have come off as ridiculous with his metal arm, mask and messy hair. THIS SHOULD NOT HAVE WORKED but his limited lines of dialogue and straight up bad ass behavior made him incredible.

So will Avengers 2 have a sub-plot of freeing the Twins from HYDRA custody before Ultron even shows up?

I think they'll show up before or just after Ultron appears. I doubt they'll have to be freed, Von Strucker will probably send them out to reveal their existence when he feels the time is right based on what he said.

BLACKLAC

The Winter Soldier is hands down my favorite villain from the MCU. He was legitimately awesome.

He should have come off as ridiculous with his metal arm. THIS SHOULD NOT HAVE WORKED but his limited lines of dialogue and straight up bad ass behavior made him incredible.

And the music that starts up when he's on screen and is about to wreck shit nailed it.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

He should have come off as ridiculous with his metal arm, mask and messy hair. THIS SHOULD NOT HAVE WORKED but his limited lines of dialogue and straight up bad ass behavior made him incredible.

Sorry, but I still gotta give the edge to Loki.

dabig2

Yeah, when he showed up on screen, you just knew people were going to get merc'd. Him absolutely and mercilessly destroying everyone on the carrier towards the end there was insane.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Feet weren't planted, angle of Thor's hammer strike was downward.
I think he's saying that Cap should have gone splat unless the shield absorbed and dispersed everything from Thor's strike, and if it did, a blocked grenade shouldn't move him at all.

But then someone else said if that is true, he shouldn't be able to deflect things with his shield, only stop them. And they are right, too.

Don't think too much with comics. Or you can say Thor was holding back, because he always does and that is kind of his thing. Good guy Thor.

Hey, I have a quick question for the comics readers:

I thought the Super Soldier Serum gave Rodgers healing factor properties, not on par with Wolverine's but a healing factor nonetheless.

Why didn't we see it on display in this movie, especially after the final fight? Does it just take a lot longer than Wolverine's to kick in?

Ridley327

I thought the Super Soldier Serum gave Rodgers healing factor properties, not on par with Wolverine's but a healing factor nonetheless.

Why didn't we see it on display in this movie, especially after the final fight? Does it just take a lot longer than Wolverine's to kick in?

Pretty much. Wolverine has abnormally fast healing factor, and I believe he's in a class all to himself compared to everyone else. I believe it's something along the lines of if Cap gets a critical injury, it may take him a day or so to fully recover from it, whereas Wolverine might be minutes, at most.

Tobor

He heals faster than a normal human but not fast enough to show up in real time in a movie. I'm not sure what you expected to see?

Pretty much. Wolverine has abnormally fast healing factor, and I believe he's in a class all to himself compared to everyone else. I believe it's something along the lines of if Cap gets a critical injury, it may take him a day or so to fully recover from it, whereas Wolverine might be minutes, at most.

Wolverine's no Deadpool.

Dice

I perceived the waking up in the hospital scene to be the next day, then the other scenes where he is fine to be the next week. I.E. Really damn good if you just got shot up.

Wolverine's no Deadpool.
Or Mr Immortal. But does Deadpool even feel pain? I don't think I've seen him act like it, except for show, like everything with him.

Or Mr Immortal. But does Deadpool even feel pain? I don't think I've seen him act like it, except for show, like everything with him.

I really don't believe he does. It's probably, as you mention, for show. That scene where his arm is sliced off in Hulk Vs is just one example of him not feeling any pain at all.

And thank god for that!

But yeah, Deadpool does have a leg up, if only because he can reattach severed limbs ASAP.

I loved the scene in Hulk Vs where Wolverine cuts his arm off and spends a good few minutes trying to put it back together...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAI5y20X2Gk

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

We see Cap fall from a plane without a parachute, take a Chitauri laser to the gut and gets shot numerous times by the Winter Soldier and repeatedly smashed in the face with his metal arm. All of that would kill a normal person.

BLACKLAC

http://www.vulture.com/m/2014/04/spoiler-captain-americas-big-twists-explained.html

Here's a really good article from the screenwriters talking about the end of SHIELD in Cap 2.

Question said:
At what point was the decision made to take S.H.I.E.L.D. down so spectacularly in this film, and who was responsible for making it?

McFeely: said:
That's a Kevin Feige decision. A writer can't walk in and say, "This movie's not happening unless I take down S.H.I.E.L.D.," but Kevin can walk in and say, "We think this might be pretty cool." That gave us a lot of ways to go and opened up the storytelling, that Steve could have such an effect on the world.

Based Feige.

Just got back from seeing the movie. It was fantastic. Loved it all. Action was great, plot was exciting, all around good. Loved the Pulp Fiction reference, and the Dr. Strange name drop and I'm excited to see what this means for the future of the MCU. I feel like this will have far more consequences than any other movie so far.

The theater was surprisingly empty, though. A fair amount of people, it was a 1:00 showing after all, but just about every "group" there to see it had enough space to take a whole row. But an early showing of a movie that goes every half hour probably shouldn't be crowded anyway.

Uncle

Don't think too much with comics. Or you can say Thor was holding back, because he always does and that is kind of his thing. Good guy Thor.

Then it probably wouldn't have leveled all those trees. But yeah, it's comic book science, you just have to roll with it.

nomis

xPuGkpa.jpg

Crossbones. Frak yeah!

I think I have a man crush on Frank Grillo, the guy is understated but has great screen presence. He showed legitimately good acting in The Grey, and played cool bit parts in Warrior and End of Watch.

He was badass in this movie and is gonna be even more badass as full on Crossbones.

Guys.

When Black Widow and Cap were at Falcon's apartment, Black Widow's hair was messy in once scene and in the next it was straightened?!

I will not be able to sleep tonight.

Sadist

So what the hell was Hydra going to do to get rid of Banner?
This is a good question. Even if they would hit Banner, wouldn't the sudden shock cause him to change into the Hulk? I mean, in the Avengers Banner told Widow that he tried to kill himself with a gun. He pulled the trigger and the bullet went inside him, only to transform into the Hulk and spitting it out. I would imagine that Banner transforms into the Hulk and go apeshit on the helicarrier.

Talking about healing factors, Hulk has one right?

Dice

Obviously Falcon gets so much action he keeps some essentials around for the ladies in case they're running a bit late the next day.

dabig2

This is a good question. Even if they would hit Banner, wouldn't the sudden shock cause him to change into the Hulk? I mean, in the Avengers Banner told Widow that he tried to kill himself with a gun. He pulled the trigger and the bullet went inside him, only to transform into the Hulk and spitting it out. I would imagine that Banner transforms into the Hulk and go apeshit on the helicarrier.

Talking about healing factors, Hulk has one right?

Yeah, he was always able to heal faster than a normal being, but they amplified his healing power decades ago to be on par with Wolverine (retcon actually from their first fight together). Don't know where it is now, but he should still have a pretty beastly HF.

Dice

Well Hulk is about damage mitigation rather than healing, anyway. Good luck punching a hole in him or breaking any bones.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
That one scene where Cap has his arms around Widow and does that awkward laugh was so...

Awkward. That was the intention, but, man.

Top Bottom