• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier SPOILER THREAD | ...does anyone want to get out?

LaNaranja

My wife noticed that Black Widow was wearing a necklace with an arrow on it. I completely missed it.

kQr6d3z.jpg

Wow that is amazing. I hadn't noticed it at all. The lack of Hawkeye in this had me bummed but Kevin Feige recently mentioned in an interview that Hawkeye and Hulk would both have big parts in Age of Ultron to make up for there lack of solo films.

CraveOnline said:
Are you worried about that in Avengers 2? Now we have Quicksilver and we have The Scarlet Witch and all the other cast members. Is there going to have to be sacrifice made? Maybe Falcon doesn’t get a prominent role?

Well yes, not every character from every movie is going to be in Age of Ultron, for sure. But Joss [Whedon] is excited and, for the characters you haven’t seen since the first Avengers – like Hawkeye, like Hulk – there’s a reason for that, and that gets showcased quite prominently in Age of Ultron.

http://www.craveonline.com/film/interviews/670837-kevin-feige-interview-captain-america-the-avengers-2-and-dr-strange

He is pretty much saying don't expect Falcon and it also seems to imply no War Machine. I am going to be really bummed if we don't see Don Cheadle suit up in any more movies. Kevin Fiege doesn't want any black Avengers confirmed? :(

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I caught the Arrow necklace towards the end. Even without him in it, I thought it was really strange that there wasn't a line or two to say "Oh he's on a deep undercover mission and can't be contacted"

Spinluck

Man, it took me a minute to figure out main SHIELD guy whooping ass throughout the movie was Rumlow, fuckin' Crossbones, man. They even got Batroc ze Leaper a good showing. He's not the kinda of badguy to build a 2+ hour movie around, but he's great for an opening set piece. I really like when they find good usage for "minor" bad guys like that, like the Scarecrow showing up throughout the Nolan trilogy.

It being subtle made it a lot better imo.

Wow that is amazing. I hadn't noticed it at all. The lack of Hawkeye in this had me bummed but Kevin Feige recently mentioned in an interview that Hawkeye and Hulk would both have big parts in Age of Ultron to make up for there lack of solo films.

http://www.craveonline.com/film/interviews/670837-kevin-feige-interview-captain-america-the-avengers-2-and-dr-strange

He is pretty much saying don't expect Falcon and it also seems to imply no War Machine. I am going to be really bummed if we don't see Don Cheadle suit up in any more movies. Kevin Fiege doesn't want any black Avengers confirmed? :(
I believe Cheadle indicated in an interview that he will be in AoU.

So many people died in this movie. It was so awesome.

The thing that surprised me more was Cap throwing a knife at that dudes hand who was going to pull the fire alarm.

I've heard him say he would love to be apart of it but I have never seen him hint at anything more.

UPDATE: Hitfix confirms, saying “Col. Rhodes, aka War Machine, has a key role in the conflict with Ultron that is the main focus of the sequel.”

http://www.slashfilm.com/rumor-don-cheadle-will-join-avengers-age-of-ultron/

The thing that surprised me more was Cap throwing a knife at that dudes hand who was going to pull the fire alarm.

I've heard him say he would love to be apart of it but I have never seen him hint at anything more.

This article indicates he will be in AoU, but doesn't contain any quotes from Cheadle himself that deal specifically with that. So who knows.

EDIT: McWeeny seems pretty confident he's in.

DOUBLE EDIT: Super beaten.

iosefe

after the way the killed sitwell, that kill with the properller didn't faze me as much, but it was still brutal.

they killed sitwell out of freakin' nowhere.

LaNaranja

UPDATE: Hitfix confirms, saying “Col. Rhodes, aka War Machine, has a key role in the conflict with Ultron that is the main focus of the sequel.”

http://www.slashfilm.com/rumor-don-cheadle-will-join-avengers-age-of-ultron/

This article indicates he will be in AoU, but doesn't contain any quotes from Cheadle himself that deal specifically with that. So who knows.

EDIT: McWeeny seems pretty confident he's in.

DOUBLE EDIT: Super beaten.

Holy shit this has me unbelievably hyped for Age of Ultron. I wouldn't mind Rhodey getting killed off in this film as long as they finally give him an awesome action scene to go out with and not a simple "stab in the back". They can always bring him back later as the cyborg robot transformer he was during the Dark Reign, maybe as one of Fury's Secret Avengers along with Bucky.

Just got out of the theater. I loved it! Best Marvel movie in years if I do say so myself.
So I know AoU won't feature every hero so far, but if it did, what would the list look like? Like who all has appeared in the MCU this far?

By my list it's:
Iron Man
Hulk
Thor
Captain America
Black Widow
Hawkeye
War Machine
Falcon
Quicksilver
Scarlet Witch

Forthcoming after AoU (name-dropped or otherwise):
Doctor Strange
Ant Man

And I can't even begin to compile a list of villains, but I know there is one. I don't watch AoS so I know I'm missing stuff from that.

I could see Rhodes being killed off in Avengers 2 working. If Tony is in fact the creator of Ultron then I could see Ultron going after Tony's friends to make things more personal between the two.

Does anyone think someone will really die in Age of Ultron?

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I could see Rhodes being killed off in Avengers 2 working. If Tony is in fact the creator of Ultron then I could see Ultron going after Tony's friends to make things more personal between the two.

Tony's not gonna create Ultron, it's going to be Zola's AI program for Project Insight.

I've said this before, but given that it's been mentioned that Banner has a big part in Age of Ultron, I'm becoming more sure by the day that Banner is probably responsible for Ultron. I mean, he's the one who's been cooped up in a tower for a year with nothing to do but build shit. And the one with the super fucked up violent brain patterns that, if mapped to a robot, would probably result a psychopathic robot.

LaNaranja

Just got out of the theater. I loved it! Best Marvel movie in years if I do say so myself.
So I know AoU won't feature every hero so far, but if it did, what would the list look like? Like who all has appeared in the MCU this far?

By my list it's:
Iron Man
Hulk
Thor
Captain America
Black Widow
Hawkeye
War Machine
Falcon
Quicksilver
Scarlet Witch

Doctor Strange
Ant Man

And I can't even begin to compile a list of villains, but I know there is one. I don't watch AoS so I know I'm missing stuff from that.

Vision is confirmed for Age of Ultron. Phase 3 will have Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist.

Rhodey and Hawkeye seem like the only expendable ones who wouldn't cause too much outrage.

Yeah Zola's AI project will probably hijack Jarvis sometime.

I expect for Tony, Thor, and Banner to be captured earlier in the movie.

And for Cap, IP, Hawkeye, BW, and the twins to have to fight Ultron.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo

By my list it's:
Iron Man
Hulk
Thor
Captain America
Black Widow
Hawkeye
War Machine
Falcon
Quicksilver
Scarlet Witch

Doctor Strange
Ant Man

Deathlok's already there and Daredevil, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist are all coming. Probably
Vision
too but that's not quite officially confirmed.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
I wish Disney somehow acquired the rights to X-men, and even more so Spiderman. Damn it. To see these characters all together on screen would be amazing. Just pay billions of dollars to acquire the rights, Disney, you'll double, triple, quadruple the investment in the long run.

Magwik

Banned
I wish Disney somehow acquired the rights to X-men, and even more so Spiderman. Damn it. To see these characters all together on screen would be amazing. Just pay billions of dollars to acquire the rights, Disney, you'll double, triple, quadruple the investment in the long run.

Disney getting back Spiderman is about as likely as DC/WB doing something decent with Wonder Woman.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Disney getting back Spiderman is about as likely as DC/WB doing something decent with Wonder Woman.

Disney should offer Sony a large sum. They need the money. Or at least strike up a contract that allows his character to be used by Marvel while Sony can still make Spiderman movies.

Replicant

I think it's stupid that "Steve Irwin" would be on Cap's must catch-up list here in Australia. Why would some D-grade celebrity (even here in Australia) would be on his must catch-up list? Like there's nothing else better for him to catch up on. "Tim Tams" is fine, those are Godly. But "Steve Irwin"? FFS.

I'm glad the UK list is better since I'd likely get a Steelbook from Zavvi for the home video release.

I've said this before, but given that it's been mentioned that Banner has a big part in Age of Ultron, I'm becoming more sure by the day that Banner is probably responsible for Ultron. I mean, he's the one who's been cooped up in a tower for a year with nothing to do but build shit. And the one with the super fucked up violent brain patterns that, if mapped to a robot, would probably result a psychopathic robot.

People have been mentioning this a lot but when did we find out that banner has been at Stark Industries for a year?

Spinluck

Disney should offer Sony a large sum. They need the money. Or at least strike up a contract that allows his character to be used by Marvel while Sony can still make Spiderman movies.

I have this weird feeling that the upcoming Spider-Man won't make as much money as it should, but I'll save that for another thread.

For now, let us talk about Batroc's derp face.

k4F38pv.png

I also liked that his costume was sort of a homage to the throwback one. Pretty cool that they got George St. Pierre to do it, he's one of the 2-3 MMA fighters I know lol.

People have been mentioning this a lot but when did we find out that banner has been at Stark Industries for a year?

Well, he drove off with Tony at the end of Avengers, after Tony had been trying to get him to come stay at Stark Tower and its ten levels of R&D. So, for me, I just assumed that's where they went.

And he was still there at the end of Iron Man 3, so... yeah. And now that all his info's on the internet, he probably isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Blader

What happened to Batroc again? I kinda thought Pierce had him killed during their interrogation, but maybe I imagined that.

Top Bottom