• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier SPOILER THREAD | ...does anyone want to get out?

Slayven

Is that the same Mantis as this Mantis?

Mantismadona.jpg

yep she went through some shit.

any list of what Hydra being Shield has an effect on the marvel movies beforehand like scenes being seen in a different light?

SHIELD's Phase 2 plans were just "Hydra" being Hydra I guess.

She was in Wolverine wasn't she?
Yeah but does that really count?
surely if they can both use Quicksilver than Disney can use her. she is completely different within the context of Captain America and Hydra.

Shaanyboi

Banned
SHIELD's Phase 2 plans were just "Hydra" being Hydra I guess.

Yeah but does that really count?
surely if they can both use Quicksilver than Disney can use her. she is completely different within the context of Captain America and Hydra.

If I didn't know otherwise, I would never have said they were the same character. If she gets played off as an anti-Black Widow working for Hydra, and only goes by the name "Madame Hydra", I can't see any real problems.

The opening of Iron Man 2. It puts an entirely new spin on those Senate hearings.

Both the opening and ending, particularly after Tony gets pinned with the medal. Hearing him say, "That's a nice pin you've got there" to Sitwell strangely reminded me of when he pins the medal onto Tony.

Remember how SHIELD somehow "got" all of the HYDRA tech and started to research for more?

I remember in The Avengers, Fury mentioned that "they" (I suppose meaning SHIELD in general at the time, was Fury a founding member in the films or somebody who came in later?) gathered everything related to Tesseract development when Rogers dropped the big Tesseract-er that he pulled from the Helicarrier storage. I guess now, looking back, we can read it as HYDRA covertly setting up shop again right under their noses.

Blader

Was it said that Howard was killed because he was researching a new element? I didn't think the implication was anything beyond just HYDRA/Bucky killing him.

Maybe they thought Tony was too much of a "slack off". That or the enemies over the series were their way of dealing with him.

Maybe they saw that Tony was trying to build a particle accelerator using random crap in his basement and were all "No way in hell is that going to work."

They were right, but luckily for Tony, the Universe didn't know this.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Was it said that Howard was killed because he was researching a new element? I didn't think the implication was anything beyond just HYDRA/Bucky killing him.

It was probably more about his energy research in general. If he had finished it then it would have been another hurdle to overcome, they couldn't kill Tony when he finished it because he finished it in like a day or two tops. There was no time to find out or plan anything. Plus he was being watched a lot more closely than Howard would have been.

Maybe they saw that Tony was trying to build a particle accelerator using random crap in his basement and were all "No way in hell is that going to work."

This too :lol

Gorillaz

Tony also did it in his own house without telling anyone. They wouldn't have known about it.

Also wondering if obadiah was linked to it somehow.

Idk if then can recon it this much tho

Shaanyboi

Banned
Maybe they thought Tony was too much of a "slack off". That or the enemies over the series were their way of dealing with him.

Is A.I.M from IM3 apart of hydra some how?

A.I.M. and Hydra are separate, occasionally helping eachother, occasionally trying to kill eachother.

Shaanyboi

Banned
That's what I've been thinking about, too.

I wonder if Blake is Hydra...
He honestly comes off as so dismissive that I'd be surprised if he was. I'd imagine that if he was Hydra, he's be a little bit more "ooooo, excellent move" or something at the idea of Sitwell recruiting that guy as a scientist. That's an asset Hydra wants.

anaron

Also it was weird and disappointing that Cap's Silvestri theme wasn't in this. The score was otherwise fairly good I thought.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Also it was weird and disappointing that Cap's Silvestri theme wasn't in this. The score was otherwise fairly good I thought.

I don't think it was that different, aside from the more modern tone and Winter Soldier theme. I'm glad they just kept the same theme song for Cap. Too often new composers will ignore a good theme song from the original. The First Avenger theme works real well for the character.

Oh, and...

0b5.jpg

Top Bottom