• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier SPOILER THREAD | ...does anyone want to get out?

Bkl8tYyCAAAb27d.jpg

Tom_Cody

My opinion might change in the next few days, but this is probably my favorite MCU film. So good.

Everything worked. They fit in a tons of characters and action and yet they never ran into pacing problems. The length felt just right too.

I love the way that they incorporated Arnim Zola. Such a great surprise. I guess I had heard that Toby Jones was going to be in this in some way but I had no idea what they were going to do with him. I love those 70s era computers.

I really want to see this again. My only complaints are related to aspects that they didn't flesh out fully, but I guess we can look forward that content in the sequel.

A+

Kimosabae

Banned
I don't think I've ever gone from liking a meme to hating it in literally the span of a single page on a single internet forum. Holy shit.

Kudos to Replicant on the OT/Spoiler thread titles. Pretty cool.

Greatest Easter Egg ever...

Captain-America-The-Winter-Soldier-Nick-Fury-Tombstone.jpg.jpg

Could you explain this?

I'm in the theatre to watch this one right now. Half day at work, so treating myself. Feels good man.

Except the price tag. Imax (not lie-max) and 3D = 18.50 per ticket

This was awesome but oh how I tire of fake deaths. At least it made sense within the context of the story being told and that's what matters, I just wish there'd be some fucking gravity here and there.

But oh well. It rocked.

To be fair, I think it was played pretty well. If you're familiar with Marvel comics at all then you know Fury is pretty much the most likely guy in the world to fake his death.

But for the uninitiated, they did a pretty good job of making it appear that the stakes were extremely high because Fury has so far been a mystery to the viewers. You may think he'll make it out of the chase scene but I don't think anyone saw the sniper shots in Steve's apartment coming. And with Marvel bringing in a big name actor like Redford in to play a similar role (SHIELD top dog), people may have assumed that he would be replacing Fury. The average viewer has no idea that Jackson is signed on for more movies.

Yeah, knowing in retrospect that Fury could fake his death like that makes it seem a little cheap but I was still on the edge of my seat the whole damn movie and I basically knew what was coming. And it's not like there wasn't any gravity to the situation - SHIELD has been a mainstay since the first Iron Man movie and it's gone now.

DoubleTap

My opinion might change in the next few days, but this is probably my favorite MCU film. So good.

Everything worked. They fit in a tons of characters and action and yet they never ran into pacing problems. The length felt just right too.

I love the way that they incorporated Arnim Zola. Such a great surprise. I guess I had heard that Toby Jones was going to be in this in some way but I had no idea what they were going to do with him. I love those 70s era computers.I really want to see this again. My only complaints are related to aspects that they didn't flesh out fully, but I guess we can look forward that content in the sequel.

A+

Speaking of those "70s" computers, it kinda bugged me that they were all widescreen. I guess SHIELD really gets bleeding edge tech.

...hail hydra...

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
He's gonna be too busy in prison, bro.

Just need another Marvel One Shot. Justin Hammer, The 2 Sterns (Senator and The Leader), and throw in a heavily injured (In Traction) Agent Jasper Sitwell, all in prison. Call it "Oh Hydra, where art thou?" or "Hydra-Air"

anaron

Do you typically read her with an accent in the books? Curious if anyone does because I never have. Always assumed she covers it up pretty well.
Yeah I'm not sure why people expect a world class Russian spy to have an accent when it's all about blending in and pretending to be someone else.

Ripclawe

Banned
How long between Cap tells everyone about hydra and the graveyard scene has passed? Agents of Shield is going to cover some ground tonight.

Blader

So do we know the exact timeline of the phase 2 movies yet?

Iron Man 3 is about 6 months after The Avengers, Thor 2 another six months after that (1 year after Avengers) and then Cap 2 is a year later (2 years after Avengers)

Age of Ultron will pick up 3 years after Avengers.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Damn this movie was good.

It was only made awkward by some 20 somethings across the aisle from me that were super into it to the point of distraction. Doing shit like saluting the screen, clapping and overall animated responses.

Vibranium

Banned
Whew, was so looking forward to Hugo Weaving at the very end of the credits :(

All of this Hail Hydra... Oh gaf :)

Weaving is not going to come back, he said he's done. Marvel has the perfect chance to recast Red Skull using a new body thanks to the Cube. I'm curious if he will wear a Skull mask in a sequel if/when they bring him back hehe. I honestly think it might be cooler and easier for the actor instead of wearing makeup and prosthetics. He had a mask when he was in Lukin's body during Ed Brubaker's Winter Soldier comic storyline so it could happen.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Damn this movie was good.

It was only made awkward by some 20 somethings across the aisle from me that were super into it to the point of distraction. Doing shit like saluting the screen, clapping and overall animated responses.

Damn Americans.

When they revealed the Winter Soldier's identity (almost) everyone in the theater gasped, and then a guy said "read the comic books people!" I can't decide if he was being a douche or not. Part of me says yes but I have a conflicting opinion that he was in the right.

Gorillaz

I kind of hope the "hail hydra" thing does catch on. It's kind of hilarious now especially after seeing the one guy who was in the ironman 2 court scene, do it here.

So regarding the after credits scene, I thought of it some more, we know QS and SW will be in Avengers 2, but will Baron be in it as well or just considered a "driving force" of the Ultron story line? I"m interested because in A1 you could piece together who was going to be the enemy and what could be the overall goal from the end scene credits. Yet Cap 2 credits made me feel QS and SW will be in A2 and Baron will be in Cap 3

BBboy20

I kind of hope the "hail hydra" thing does catch on. It's kind of hilarious now especially after seeing the one guy who was in the ironman 2 court scene, do it here.

So regarding the after credits scene, I thought of it some more, we know QS and SW will be in Avengers 2, but will Baron be in it as well or just considered a "driving force" of the Ultron story line? I"m interested because in A1 you could piece together who was going to be the enemy and what could be the overall goal from the end scene credits. Yet Cap 2 credits made me feel QS and SW will be in A2 and Baron will be in Cap 3
At this point, HYDRA may as well be the main driving force of what is going down on Earth while Thanos will be the driving force of what is going down in the Cosmos. From here on out, any conflict maybe be perpetrated by either forces.

Also, yes, QS and SW will be in A2 going by the recent videos of both characters being filmed with Hawkeye.

Von Strucker will be in AoU.

Pretty good movie, although the twists can been seen a mile away. Who could the Winter Soldier possibly be? And guess who the evil guys at Shield are! You will not be surprised.

When they revealed the Winter Soldier's identity (almost) everyone in the theater gasped, and then a guy said "read the comic books people!" I can't decide if he was being a douche or not. Part of me says yes but I have a conflicting opinion that he was in the right.

I am sorry, but how can the identity of the Winter Soldier be a surprise to anyone who pays attention during the movie?

Pretty good movie, although the twists can been seen a mile away. Who could the Winter Soldier possibly be? And guess who the evil guys at Shield are! You will not be surprised.
I'm pretty sure they knew that both these "twists" would be glaringly obvious, and I think that's what makes the other ones so surprising.

Zola was awesome, and I audibly gasped when Natasha was disguised as the WSC member.

Sounds like nerd type douchery. Seriously.

anaron

I'm pretty sure they knew that both these "twists" would be glaringly obvious, and I think that's what makes the other ones so surprising.

Zola was awesome, and I audibly gasped when Natasha was disguised as the WSC member.
I loved that but I really wanted it to be the older lady council member to actually be kicking ass. People in our theatre were like "yeah!" and then "oh"

Natasha still rocked it though

Shaanyboi

Banned

No, he really isn't. He's being a douche.

Top Bottom