• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier SPOILER THREAD | ...does anyone want to get out?

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I do kind of wish they spent more time on him trying to get used to modern life. It goes from waking up in modern day New York and then the next time we see him he's fighting aliens like its no big deal.

Oppo

Heil
SHIELD!

Btw, I see some people saying "Hail" over "Heil."
I'm dissapoint.

You confuse. "Hail" is english for "heil".

My complaint about the movie was that WS was underdeveloped, and the 3 helicarriers didn't need the whole Minority Report Targeting System. It was ebough to have control of three fucking flying carriers that never needed to land! I'd say that's a threat!

I didn't get why it was so important to physically SHOOT the algorithm targets. Like, make a targeted virus or something, geez.

Cap is super fun to watch fight in this though. Really nice choreography.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
I'm pretty sure they knew that both these "twists" would be glaringly obvious, and I think that's what makes the other ones so surprising.

Zola was awesome, and I audibly gasped when Natasha was disguised as the WSC member.

Yeah this and Agent Hill being in the car caught me slippin.

Sometimes twists are for the characters not the audience.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
The first ep of Agents of Shield Mariah Hill says all Avengers are level 7 which is why they dont know coulson is alive and only level 8 and above know Coulson is alive. The two scirntsts with his team are level 5. Mae is level 8 garret I'm not sure l. By ya Widow and Hawkeye are level 7.

Thor would be the only one that knows he's alive because of Heimdall basically. I wonder if more MCU cameo's will happen , Banner or Loki would be nice.

If Sif didn't know about Coulson than Heimdall doesn't either. If I'm not mistaken he's gotta be actively looking for someone to see them. He's got no reason to be looking out for Coulson.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
Heil
SHIELD!

Btw, I see some people saying "Hail" over "Heil."
I'm dissapoint.

Hydra isn't Nazi/German anymore though. Say what you will about Zola, but he managed to turn an evil racist organization into an evil multi cultural organization. He's not such a bad dude, for being such a bad dude.

When they revealed the Winter Soldier's identity (almost) everyone in the theater gasped, and then a guy said "read the comic books people!" I can't decide if he was being a douche or not. Part of me says yes but I have a conflicting opinion that he was in the right.
Unquestionably douchey. The cap issues where he debuted may have sold 100,000 issues max and are from years ago. There's plenty of people who are just there for the movie universe and that's fine.

Salamando

My complaint about the movie was that WS was underdeveloped, and the 3 helicarriers didn't need the whole Minority Report Targeting System. It was ebough to have control of three fucking flying carriers that never needed to land! I'd say that's a threat!

It's a threat, but 3 helicarriers that can automatically compute, locate, and eliminate targets is a much more immediate threat. Cap took three minutes longer on the third helicarrier, about 200k of Hydras enemies (or potential future enemies) would be dead.

And it's not like the targeting system was that outlandish either. Threat assessment and network analysis is something the government does every day. It ain't finding 200k targets in seconds, but it will find targets.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Yeah, that's what I thought I saw. Can confirm that Maria Hill says the Avengers "are not Level 7" in the pilot, though.

I'm guessing that since Cap has stayed on with SHIELD as opposed to the other Avengers, he was able to gain a higher security level.

BLACKLAC

http://www.slashfilm.com/marvel-cinematic-universe-box-office/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqZqh_btLxQ

This week’s release of Captain America: The Winter Soldier brought the domestic gross of the nine films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe to $2,463,300,000 and counting. That’s more than the eight Harry Potter films, seven Star Wars films (including The Clone Wars), and 24 James Bond films, making it the highest grossing franchise in American history…not adjusted for inflation. Read more details on the Marvel Cinematic Universe box office below.

Dai101

Banned

iCE49KJGLCA8t.gif

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I loved that but I really wanted it to be the older lady council member to actually be kicking ass. People in our theatre were like "yeah!" and then "oh"

Natasha still rocked it though

omg I thought the same thing!

"Fuck yeah look at this old woman kicking ass! What a twist!"

and then

"...oh it's just ScarJo. Cool."

I thought we were looking at our first on screen elderly superhero, but alas.

Jonogunn

Ya I was thinking "yes of course. Some of these older high level guys must have been agents themselves at some poin--oh. Of course it's you black widow. You struck again with your spy shit yaaay"

Just got back from the 2nd viewing. 2D this time though the cinema wasnt as high quality.

Yeah, definitely my favourite marvel movie so far. I'd say Gunn, Whedon and Wright have their work cut out for them...but then I realize I just said that Gunn, Whedon and Wright are directing the next 3 movies in the series. I...think we're gonna be okay guys.

Top Bottom