• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier SPOILER THREAD | ...does anyone want to get out?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Here are my thoughts on the connection between Loki's sceptre and the Twins: They had dormant mutated genes which were awakened by the sceptre? A little far fetched, but eh.

They will be likely introduced as Inhumans. Marvel is currently working to make all Mutants in the 616 Comic Universe to some kind of Inhumans, and with a possible Inhumans Movie on a later point, I think this isnt very far fetched.

duckroll

I don't really want to see Jarvis or Zola "become" Ultron. I would like for Ultron to simply be a unique entity which exists on the same level. Jarvis and Zola are both examples of how the technology has always existed in the Marvel Cineverse for something like Ultron to evolve. There's no need to make Ultron either one of them, it would be more interesting if he exists alongside other such creations, to show that there's a range in sentient AI entities throughout the film universe.

Well he isn't technically ded. The Tesseract took him the fuck-i-know-somewhere

Yeah, that's certainly true. I've got my fingers crossed for him reappearing in Cap 3.

Here are my thoughts on the connection between Loki's sceptre and the Twins: They had dormant mutated genes which were awakened by the sceptre? A little far fetched, but eh.

I think they'll go the experimentation route, but this is a pretty good explanation too.

Alienous

I don't really want to see Jarvis or Zola "become" Ultron. I would like for Ultron to simply be a unique entity which exists on the same level. Jarvis and Zola are both examples of how the technology has always existed in the Marvel Cineverse for something like Ultron to evolve. There's no need to make Ultron either one of them, it would be more interesting if he exists alongside other such creations, to show that there's a range in sentient AI entities throughout the film universe.

I think the corrupted Jarvis works. I doubt Zola will have any influence.

> Jarvis becomes evil.
> Uses a modified Iron Man suit to become a physical being.
> Stark returns as Iron Man to stop what he created.

Another sentient AI out of left field requires more unnecessary exposition and explanation than I think an already bloated movie like Age of Ultron needs.

Ithil

I'm going to assume the Winter Soldier will get a mention or cameo via picture in Avengers 2, but he won't appear properly again until Cap 3, when he'll presumably become a full ally.

Sadist

I would bet, that Zola will create a Virus to corrupt Jarvis and will creat Ultrons KI out of this.
Also, I expect Ultrons body will be created from some of destroyed Iron Men from the House Party of Iron Man 3 and that it will be powered by Lokis spear.
Well, I don't know if Zola wants to turn up just yet after dropping the Hydra bomb on Cap. I can totally see Tony giving Jarvis one hell of an upgrade. In the Iron Man movies Jarvis already possesses several human trades like sarcasm. At the end of Iron Man 3, when Tony mentions "Project Clean Slate" he is surprised and might have a problem with Tony's request.

At the start of Avengers AoU, he once again gives Jarvis some control over the Iron Man armours created by Tony and Jarvis (now with super upgrade) is disgusted how Tony treats his inventions like disposable trinkets. Enter the Ultron persona. I think that's what the AoU teaser is hinting at anyway. Or maybe a rogue Iron Man armour that doesn't want to get blown up or something.

He'll ask Dum-E to join him, but to no avail. He'll put the dunce cap on Ultron.

But all things considered. I just want a completely new A.I. evolving into Ultron.

Dai101

Banned
Not liking the idea of Tony being the one behind the Ultron creation, now since we know HYDRA is alive and well i want to think they know and have such an advanced technology wich will make them even more fearsome.

Alienous

Well, I don't know if Zola wants to turn up just yet after dropping the Hydra bomb on Cap. I can totally see Tony giving Jarvis one hell of an upgrade. In the Iron Man movies Jarvis already possesses several human trades like sarcasm. At the end of Iron Man 3, when Tony mentions "Project Clean Slate" he is surprised and might have a problem with Tony's request.

At the start of Avengers AoU, he once again gives Jarvis some control over the Iron Man armours created by Tony and Jarvis (now with super upgrade) is disgusted how Tony treats his inventions like disposable trinkets. Enter the Ultron persona. I think that's what the AoU teaser is hinting at anyway. Or maybe a rogue Iron Man armour that doesn't want to get blown up or something.

He'll ask Dum-E to join him, but to no avail. He'll put the dunce cap on Ultron.

But all things considered. I just want a completely new A.I. evolving into Ultron.

That's a fairly relatable explanation for a heel turn. It could also translate Ultron's love for his creator well. Perhaps Tony abandons Jarvis to live a simpler life with Pepper.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
They will be likely introduced as Inhumans. Marvel is currently working to make all Mutants in the 616 Comic Universe to some kind of Inhumans, and with a possible Inhumans Movie on a later point, I think this isnt very far fetched.

Unfortunately, Kevin Feige shot down the Inhumans theory for the twins.

Ithil

Thing about JARVIS is Paul Bettany is voicing (playing?) the Vision according to casting, so I am assuming JARVIS doesn't become Ultron but becomes the Vision instead.

Paul Bettany(Jarvis) is supposed to be playing Vision and James Spader playing Ultron so highly doubt Jarvis is Ultron and then Vision.

Thinking Ultron will be the new "Iron Man" tony makes.

Then he goes nuts.

I'm going to assume the Winter Soldier will get a mention or cameo via picture in Avengers 2, but he won't appear properly again until Cap 3, when he'll presumably become a full ally.
Its going to be a conversation topic.
Tony: so watchu been up to Cap. Trying those online dating sites
Steve: i'm actually looking for an old friend of mine, Bucky

Dai101

Banned
Just for your pleasure, stolen from 4chan:

UcX6dpp.gif

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Alright, popping in here just to ask one quick weird question: I'm gonna go see this movie with a friend. He has a completely irrational hatred for Samuel L. Jackson. Will he still enjoy this movie? Or does Nick Fury still have an extremely prominent role?

Dabanton

Alright, popping in here just to ask one quick weird question: I'm gonna go see this movie with a friend. He has a completely irrational hatred for Samuel L. Jackson. Will he still enjoy this movie? Or does Nick Fury still have an extremely prominent role?

LOL your friend sounds like he needs to grow up.

His in a fair amount of scenes.

Dai101

Banned

Is your friend 12 or something? Better go alone. Less kids in the audience ;)

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status

Don't be friends with him.

Sub_Level

He's a good guy. Pretty chill. But Samuel L. Jackson sends him into like some serious roid rage.

moai

the scene where he was sitting in redford's house and the nanny came back was great.
great fun movie.

Sub_Level

Already bought the tickets and I'm forcing him to go. But thanks for the heads up and replies doodz.

Guys quick question because I don't want to read other spoilers.

I have a huge feeling that
Redford's character will turn out to be Redskull,
if this is true is it a big reveal that is ruined by expecting it(unlike Winter Soldier's)

Dai101

Banned
Guys quick question because I don't want to read other spoilers.

I have a huge feeling that
Redford's character will turn out to be Redskull,
if this is true is it a big reveal that is ruined by expecting it(unlike Winter Soldier's)

I take you haven't seen the movie, right? Ok, im not going to answer that and just say go watch it, is not what you think it is.

EDIT: Took this from a ....... you know, fuck it, not gonna reveal the source:

suTH3hX.jpg

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I take you haven't seen the movie, right? Ok, im not going to answer that and just say go watch it, is not what you think it is.

EDIT: Took this from a ....... you know, fuck it, not gonna reveal the source:

suTH3hX.jpg
So that's Italy's list, neat.

I couldn't read it when I went to see it (I sat too far from the screen) I'm not sure if we got something special or the same as I guess the US will get :(

Holy shit they actually pulled off TV face Arnim Zola without it being ridiculous...

BASED MAHVEL BETTER MAKE SURE BARON ZEMO IS NEXT!

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I guess that dude is watching a *very* different AoS than the rest of us.

I liked the movie. But I found it hard to believe that Cap would be SHIELD's first suspect after Nick Fury gets shot. I mean, come on---they battled freaking aliens together. Unless they could prove that Cap had some 1940s-nostalgia-induced craziness/trauma (which they couldn't), I couldn't think of a single justification for SHIELD to start hunting down Cap they way they did.

So what if Cap and Nick were in the same room together? Also SHIELD was just using so much excessive force against Cap (and yeah it makes for great action) but it just feels ludicrous. There was a point when one SHIELD agent was questioning it, I wondered how it is possible for everyone else not to question Pierce's orders. They just kinda went, um, okay, let's hunt down the guy who saved the entire planet a year or two ago. Without any real solid justification (a video feed, a letter, a note, anything).

That's about the only thing I don't like about the movie.

Alienous

I liked the movie. But I found it hard to believe that Cap would be SHIELD's first suspect after Nick Fury gets shot. I mean, come on---they battled freaking aliens together. Unless they could prove that Cap had some 1940s-nostalgia-induced craziness/trauma (which they couldn't), I couldn't think of a single justification for SHIELD to start hunting down Cap they way they did.

So what if Cap and Nick were in the same room together? Also SHIELD was just using so much excessive force against Cap (and yeah it makes for great action) but it just feels ludicrous. There was a point when one SHIELD agent was questioning it, I wondered how it is possible for everyone else not to question Pierce's orders. They just kinda went, um, okay, let's hunt down the guy who saved the entire planet a year or two ago. Without any real solid justification (a video feed, a letter, a note, anything).

They... they didn't actually suspect Captain America. They just needed a believable excuse to prevent him from interfering with their plans.

They already had a situation that made Fury look like he went rogue.

duckroll

(whispers) Heil Hydra.

They... they didn't actually suspect Captain America. They just needed a believable excuse to prevent him from interfering with their plans.

They already had a situation that made Fury look like he went rogue.

They were just really brutal with their response, which was completely out of character for SHIELD from previous films. Didn't really help HYDRA at all and it just motivated Captain America to find out more about the deeper conspiracy at play.

They [Hydra] were pretty smart for the last few decades, working in secret....then they just messed it up at that point.

Top Bottom