• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain Avengers: Civil War starts shooting - Cast and synopsis confirmed

StoopKid

Stop hyping the Russo Brothers so much, they gave us this

you-me-and-dupree.jpg

The past is the past.

Look at some of the shit James gunn did before guardians.

Levi

Banned
That's what this movie is. The last cap film didn't complete the winter soldier arc.

No way that gets a satisfying conclusion looking at how packed this movie it. It has to finish Winter Soldier, set up Infinity War and Black Panther, and try to squeeze the whole civil war in there as well, while giving 100 characters stuff to do.

I liked the focus and smaller scale of WS, this movie will not have any of that.

dLMN8R

THANKS MARVEL

I guess now I know that Ant Man doesn't die at the end of Ant Man. Nice spoilers!

</s>

Something interesting stashed at the bottom of the announcement regarding Infinity War's brand new IMAX cameras (that are more like LieMAX cameras but still really cool)

That doesn't say "reboot" to me, necessarily. But it does say it's not going to look like what we're used to it looking like right now.

I've been saying for a while that Phase 3 was the end of the first "arc". I fully expect that to be the last appearance of people like Roger's Captain America and Stark's Iron Man. Major players will step aside, new ones will step up. The MCU will continue, but look very different

So here's a question: Is William Hurt appearing under whatever contract he signed for The Incredible Hulk or are we assuming it's been long enough that Marvel had to renegotiate with him?

This seems like a clusterfuck. Civil War, Winter Soldier and two villains in 2.5 hours?

Good point, the movie should be 3 hours. If the Hobbit can make people watch 3 hours of dwarfs taking a hike. Why not a 3 hours epic conclusion of the Captain America movies?

The premise is cool, but I'm concerned they'll make the same mistake as AoU in regard to overstuffing the film with characters which didn't provide a satisfying dramatic arc for any of them. That always has been and always will be what makes people care about a story.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Damn, I wouldn't mind a 3 hours movie too.

On the other hand, my poor bladder.

Luke_Wal

I'm going to guess Hawkeye, Antman, SW, War Machine and Vision will have a similar size role to War Machine in AoU so that they don't take up too much screentime.

We still have the Iron Man plot, Winter Soldier plot, Baron Zemo plot and Black Panther plot to make up the movie. I'm guessing Crossbones will just be Zemo's sidekick. I'm also guessing Ross is only a cameo, appearing as the face of the US government. Spidey will probably be a cameo.

I would bet a medium sized sum of money that the film opens with a New Avengers sequence (hopefully they don't re-do the "single shot" look so it becomes a cliche). It's how both Winter Soldier and Ultron opened, and it gives a great baseline for the team dynamic for the rest of the movie to build on. Maybe they're not even really successful, except Cap swoops in to save the day because his team can't cooperate. The opening scene could also be the event that causes the public to question the Avengers program, but that seems like a weird way to start a movie focussing on a team we've never seen in action.

Rozart

Oh wow! Practically everyone is coming back! This is going to top TWS. I just know it.

I'm all up for a 3hr movie. Since I'm probably going to watch this movie more than once anyway, I can afford a quick toilet break. (Who am I kidding I'll probably hold it in.)

Luke_Wal

I recently learned that in the Netherlands, most theaters have an intermission halfway through the film. I'm curious if anyone can confirm how widespread this is in Europe?

Movie is going to be everything I want.

Is Dr.Strange next year too?

Doctor Strange - November 2016
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - May 2017
Spider-Man - July 2017
Thor: Ragnarok - November 2017
Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 - May 2018
Black Panther - July 2018
Captain Marvel - November 2018
Avengers: Infinity War Part 2 - May 2019
Inhumans - July 2019

Then presumably they follow the May-July-November format until the end of time

From what I've heard it's tough getting a blockbuster edited into a 3 hour film. By making it so long you sacrifice viewings per day therefore lose money. The 2 hour Marvel film is just long enough to get the right amount of people to watch your film everyday. The problem is the shorter the running time, the more you have to sacrifice which can in turn hurt a film.

Doctor Strange - November 2016
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - May 2017
Spider-Man - July 2017
Thor: Ragnarok - November 2017
Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 - May 2018
Black Panther - July 2018
Captain Marvel November 2018
Avengers: Infinity War Part 2 - May 2019
Inhumans - July 2019

Then presumably they follow the May-July-November format until the end of time

So is BP's story gonna take place after IW part 1?

That really makes no fucking logical sense.

So is BP's story gonna take place after IW part 1?

That really makes no fucking logical sense.

It wasn't going to, but it got pushed back with the Spider-Man reveal. It originally had Spider-Man's spot in July 2017. That's why Inhumans takes place after Infinity War Part 2 as well, they all got bumped

BBboy20

From what I've heard it's tough getting a blockbuster edited into a 3 hour film. By making it so long you sacrifice viewings per day therefore lose money. The 2 hour Marvel film is just long enough to get the right amount of people to watch your film everyday. The problem is the shorter the running time, the more you have to sacrifice which can in turn hurt a film.
Can't they make this the exception for Infinity War?

cLOUDo

is just me or
there are a huge spoiler in this new?
still don't see Avengers AoU but i think i already know what happens

rexor0717

I think it'll be good to have a less crowded movie after Civil War. I wonder if they'll do a movie hiatus after Infinity War.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I recently learned that in the Netherlands, most theaters have an intermission halfway through the film. I'm curious if anyone can confirm how widespread this is in Europe?

That's great for people like me, but I guess it'll be an annoyance for people who hates to have their movie momentum to break in the middle.

Neoxon

Daredevil/Matt Murdock (Charlie Cox) needs to be in this too. He'd be most affected by this.
He won't be in Civil War, but he may be referenced.

That being said, I'd love for Daredevil to show up in Civil War. As you implied, the whole "reveal your secret identity" thing wouldn't sit well with Matt.

Doc Strange is going to look weirdly limp after this. Going from a bazillion Marvel heroes to probably just one.

Don't think it'll be a problem. Ant-Man has to follow AoU & that movie looks pretty damn awesome. All that matters is if Dr Strange looks good; which being the first real introduction of magic into the MCU, shouldn't be a problem.

Top Bottom