• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain Avengers: Civil War starts shooting - Cast and synopsis confirmed

Aizo

Banned
yo more Rudd as Ant-Man
tumblr_l7qse5wJZ31qaqggd.gif

"NUDE TAYNE!"

Korosenai

This completely makes sense as well. Captain America is the leader of the new avengers, it's a full time job for him now. He didn't have this kind of job commitment in Cap 1 or Cap 2. So his natural story progression makes sense to show him doing stuff with the new avengers, since he really won't/doesn't need to do stuff on his own anymore.

And then on top of that, ant man and black panther is just the icing on the cake.

To be honest I was bitterly disappointed Norton didn't reprise his role as Banner; bit off-topic but does anyone now why Wright left the Ant-Man film?

LaNaranja

To be honest I was bitterly disappointed Norton didn't reprise his role as Banner; bit off-topic but does anyone now why Wright left the Ant-Man film?

"Creative differences."

Wright probably didn't want to trim some of his movie to make room for a bit of Civil War set-up and putting Ant-Man on the Avengers.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Doctor Strange - November 2016
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - May 2017
Spider-Man - July 2017
Thor: Ragnarok - November 2017
Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 - May 2018
Black Panther - July 2018
Captain Marvel - November 2018
Avengers: Infinity War Part 2 - May 2019
Inhumans - July 2019

Then presumably they follow the May-July-November format until the end of time

The things that bothers me with this is: where is Guardians of the Galaxy 3, Spider-Man 2, Ant-Man 2 and Doctor Strange 2? They all need more movies. I'm perfectly fine with an Iron Man 3 treatment where it's disconnected with little-to-no implications to the MCU.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The things that bothers me with this is: where is Guardians of the Galaxy 3, Spider-Man 2, Ant-Man 2 and Doctor Strange 2? They all need more movies. I'm perfectly fine with an Iron Man 3 treatment where it's disconnected with little-to-no implications to the MCU.

Phase IV?

Saya

There was a leaked script posted on 4chan that got deleted? Some guy on Reddit claimed to have read it before it got deleted and this is a summary. It's probably fake, but for those interested...

Spoilers obviously:

A lot of peoples identitys got leaked after cap 2, after AOU some politicians want the rest of peoples identitys known. Cap and new team go after bucky. Falcon and cheadle become mates because there each pilots. Bruhl is Zemo. He has crossbones working for him. Bucky is good now and has been secretly assasinating hydra leaders. Both sides are looking for him. Ironman wants him dead because he killed his dad. Meanwhile the UN are arguing about vibranium. Black panther wants it for his country but UN thinks it's to powerful for anyone. Ironman agrees with UN but cap wants to get the vibranium so hydra don't get there hands on it. Cap and panther become mates. Zemo gets crossbones to blow people up and blames captain america. Killing hawk eyes family, kids and wife. This causes the registration act. Ironman and cap disagree and fight about it. Black widow and don cheadle join ironman but the rest of the new team go with cap, and black panther. The witch struggles with getting her powers to full strength and vision is dealing with becoming more human. Spider-Man is known about as someone that stops criminals in New York. Stark gets him on his side and spidey tells him his identity. Bucky decides to go to caps base and join him and they catch up. there's a fight between the 2 teams somewhere in the middle. No one dies, (other than hawk eyes family) Zemo gets the vibranium. The 2 teams arive to stop Zemo but fight eachother again. While fighting they notice Spider-Man is helping civilians and not fighting. Cap and ironman realise this is the right thing to do, they start helping civilians together, then there all good. Everyone else starts to get along aswell, And It has the usual happy ending of all of them working together to kill Zemo. Hawk eye kills crossbones with 4 arrows that represent his 4 dead family members. Hydra gets fully shut down and everyone is all good. Obviously you should take all of that with a grain of salt, but that's what I read.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

We are barely reaching the end of phase 2 here, and we have years to go before the end of phase 3. Relax.

FeD.nL

There was a leaked script posted on 4chan that got deleted? Some guy on Reddit claimed to have read it before it got deleted and this is a summary. It's probably fake, but for those interested...

Spoilers obviously:

I read through that but Neoxon also pointed out that summary/script misses Ant-Man and Ross. Probably a fake, still has some nice story beats.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
We are barely reaching the end of phase 2 here, and we have years to go before the end of phase 3. Relax.

This is serious business. ;)

Cade

Spoilers obviously:

If they fucking Ultimate Universe
Hawkeye's kids and family
I'm probably going to be done with the MCU. That's just so much unnecessary garbage baggage and frankly I was dreading it
happening in Avengers 2
. They need to break further away from the mold of the Ultimate Universe, not use its worst parts. I don't believe this rumor, but that part would seriously make me consider quitting Marvel movies.
Fridging civilian family members is some lame, 2002 shit.

Shaanyboi

Banned

Spoilers obviously:

Most likely fake, but I can see
Hawkeye's family dying.

FeD.nL

Yeah, the MCU has been dark in places, but
killing babies?
Not unless Mark Millar is secretly ghostwriting Civil War (!)

Killing
Hawkeye's family would be brutal.
I can't see it.

Most likely fake, but I can see
Hawkeye's family dying.

The script ends with
the revelation that his kids are still alive. Clint takes off with them and takes Wanda with him to take care of the kids too.

Still think it's a good fake thougb.

Cade

The script ends with
the revelation that his kids are still alive. Clint takes off with them and takes Wanda with him to take care of the kids too.

Was that really part of the (fake) script? That'd be interesting. I definitely think it's a clever catalyst since they don't have the New Warriors, but.. meh.

The script ends with

I kinda hope they don't go with that. It's basically what they did with Fury in the Winter Soldier, although it would be more of a surprise.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I read through that but Neoxon also pointed out that summary/script misses Ant-Man and Ross. Probably a fake, still has some nice story beats.

Most if not all of the hydra leaders (not counting list and baron strucker) are already dead in agents of shield before the event of AOU too. I dont think there will be any hydra leaders for winter soldier to kill.

Also its impossible to fully shut down hydra too, because "cut off one head, and two more shall take its place!"

Hail hydra!

Johndoey

Banned
If they fucking Ultimate Universe
Hawkeye's kids and family
I'm probably going to be done with the MCU. That's just so much unnecessary garbage baggage and frankly I was dreading it
happening in Avengers 2
. They need to break further away from the mold of the Ultimate Universe, not use its worst parts. I don't believe this rumor, but that part would seriously make me consider quitting Marvel movies.
Fridging civilian family members is some lame, 2002 shit.
To properly Ultimate Universe them Widow would have to have a serious character change

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I was really hoping the new Avengers lineup would get a little time in the sun before being cast aside.

Kinda messed up that this new team seems to have been formed to serve primarily as a scapegoat. Even more fucked when considering their diversity vs. the standard Avengers' "League of Extraordinary White Guys" syndrome.

Besides, what kind of calamity can they really cause that makes everyone say "oh now that's too much," considering all the collateral damage the "real Avengers" have caused in their flicks?

Ithil

I was really hoping the new Avengers lineup would get a little time in the sun before being cast aside.

Kinda messed up that this new team seems to have been formed to serve primarily as a scapegoat. Even more fucked when considering their diversity vs. the standard Avengers' "League of Extraordinary White Guys" syndrome.

Besides, what kind of calamity can they really cause that makes everyone say "oh now that's too much," considering all the collateral damage the "real Avengers" have caused in their flicks?

I think you might be overly reading into a synopsis.

Like what? Casualties and infrastructure damage from facing aliens, rampaging Asgardian weapon, weaponized drones, undercover terrorist organization, etc. isn't the same as an incident that might be caused by the Avengers themselves, such as a Hulk rampage or a hypothetical Scarlet Witch meltdown in a populated area

I don't see anything in that """script""" that suggests this. The synopsis, maybe, but I doubt it sticks.

Hell, if Avengers 3 reunites the OG Avengers team I'll be really surprised. It should be Cap's Avengers and Iron Man's Avengers (ideally I'd have Captain Marvel leading this team but w/e) as two separate teams.

Calamari41

41 > 38
The more I think about it, the more it makes sense to me that Ultron should have been an Iron Man movie after Avengers: Civil War. Civil War could have ended with Stark all alone on the government payroll, with his former hero friends all underground. This causes him to jumpstart the Ultron initiative in order to give the government some muscle on the world policing front. It all goes wrong, and his friends help him defeat/exile Ultron and bail Stark out.

Bluefoot

Banned
"Creative differences."

Wright probably didn't want to trim some of his movie to make room for a bit of Civil War set-up and putting Ant-Man on the Avengers.

Mostly, it boiled down to Marvel wanting drastic changes at the last second. Right before shooting, even though its meant to be the best script Marvel has ever had.

Marvel rewrote it, and it was terrible. Marvels biggest concern was, they didn't want Antman to be a rogue, they didn't want him to be a reformed thief.

Well, after Guardians of the Galaxy, Marvel calmed down, and realised its ok to make the lead a rogue, so they've actually gone back to what Wright was doing, Antman needed reshoots to make it more like Wrights original vision, because what they made apparently wasn't fully working.

Just a case of Marvel being fucking idiots, and Wright being too good for them.

mreddie

Does everyone think the majority of the cast will have the Cheadle Ultron role while Steve, Tony, Nat, Sam and Clint having the bigger roles?

anaron

Mostly, it boiled down to Marvel wanting drastic changes at the last second. Right before shooting, even though its meant to be the best script Marvel has ever had.

Marvel rewrote it, and it was terrible. Marvels biggest concern was, they didn't want Antman to be a rogue, they didn't want him to be a reformed thief.

Well, after Guardians of the Galaxy, Marvel calmed down, and realised its ok to make the lead a rogue, so they've actually gone back to what Wright was doing, Antman needed reshoots to make it more like Wrights original vision, because what they made apparently wasn't fully working.

pretty much.

A-V-B

Edgar Wright's just too good for this sinful Earth.

Phase 4 is where I expect to see all those

Phase 3 and the Infinity War films I expect to close out the Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor franchises, at least as we know them now. Maybe they'll continue in some way, but I don't think so. Phase 4 and beyond is where we'll see the newly established heroes get sequels and step into the limelight

Top Bottom