• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain Avengers: Civil War starts shooting - Cast and synopsis confirmed

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I just realised, registration already kinda exists in the MCU. On Agents of Shield they have something called The Index where they register everyone with super powers. I wonder if the movie will mention this

I just realised, registration already kinda exists in the MCU. On Agents of Shield they have something called The Index where they register everyone with super powers. I wonder if the movie will mention this

I would imagine that Registration would be a more extreme, mandatory version of that. I mean, as far as AoS goes, their Index is basically just a list of people they've noticed that they want to keep track of, but it's not enforced in any way. Registration would be forcing all powered people to come forward and put their names on a list under some sort of penalty.

B.K.

They've basically already acknowledged the Index in the movies. In Age of Ultron, the twins were referred to as Enhanced the first time the Avengers faced them.

Spinluck

After IW I imagine all bets are off for everybody. Seems like all the actors playing the old Avengers are kinda done with their roles.

Spider-Man would be the obvious replacement if it wasn't for Sony still holding rights.

How big of a role would Spidey even have in IW?

We're dealing with galactic shit here.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Spider-man is more powerful that Captain America. The only thing that's really off about his role would be the fact that he's basically a child.

I think that makes him more interesting honestly. Otherwise it's just another wise-cracking middle aged straight guy.

Poyunch

I think that makes him more interesting honestly. Otherwise it's just another wise-cracking middle aged straight guy.

Oh yeah in the overall MCU it's great to have a younger perspective but like, so many irresponsible adults are going to let this kid basically take part in a fight with Thanos. Someone needs to think of the children!

Oh yeah in the overall MCU it's great to have a younger perspective but like, so many irresponsible adults are going to let this kid basically take part in a fight with Thanos. Someone needs to think of the children!

It's not like most of them can stop him.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed

I hope they have a "holy shit how young are you kid?????" after the fight is under way.

LaNaranja

Did anyone here read the Civil War What-If? comic? I am guessing that the plot for the MCU version is pretty much going to be the same as the second story in that book, with
Zemo replacing robot Thor
. It is on Marvel Unlimited right now, which is also free for a month at the moment.

How big of a role would Spidey even have in IW?

We're dealing with galactic shit here.

As big as anyone else I'm guessing. If it is anything like Infinity Gauntlet the story is going to be focused on Thanos and Adam Warlock. Doctor Strange and Silver Surfer were the only other two characters with a bit more focus that served as more than just cannon fodder. I am curious to see who they end up using to replace Silver Surfer for the movies. Nova would be a good substitute but who knows if he is even going to be introduced before then. I guess maybe Captain Marvel could work?

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Did anyone here read the Civil War What-If? comic? I am guessing that the plot for the MCU version is pretty much going to be the same as the second story in that book, with
Zemo replacing robot Thor
. It is on Marvel Unlimited right now, which is also free for a month at the moment.

As big as anyone else I'm guessing. If it is anything like Infinity Gauntlet the story is going to be focused on Thanos and Adam Warlock. Doctor Strange and Silver Surfer were the only other two characters with a bit more focus that served as more than just cannon fodder. I am curious to see who they end up using to replace Silver Surfer for the movies. Nova would be a good substitute but who knows if he is even going to be introduced before then. I guess maybe Captain Marvel could work?

I very very very much suspect Captain Marvel will be the big gun. If she wasn't planned to be the big gun before, she has certainly moved up in rank as the internet gets crankier and crankier.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?

Probably how Cap learns Agent 13's real lineage.

I'm not ready for this :(
npFm6ae.png

y
Glad to see they're not completely ignoring TIH, cool to see more General Ross. Will we see the Red Hulk someday?

So uhhh with Ross in this movie....Red Hulk?

With Ross in this you guys think we will get red hulk? That'll be pretty crazy!

Out of absolutely nowhere...

Oh man, if this leads into Red Hulk....

Oh man we're so getting Red Hulk

..... As a tease for a Thunderbolts Netflix show :D

I'd love
the Stamford Like incident to be a new addition to the avengers, a Mysterious Red Hulk getting enraged and causing civilian casualties!
Ross could be working with Zemo (help him with the Hulk, get rid of the avengers, some reasoning) who enables him to become Red Hulk
He could still do the stuff on the Rumour mill (known to pym, provide military support for Stark) as nobody would know his identitiy

Ashhong

Probably how Cap learns Agent 13's real lineage.

According to that leaked script...it's
Hawkeye's family
probably. Although, it doesn't seem like there would be any time
for their mourning since he gets captured right away and fights right after that.

Neoxon

I'd love
the Stamford Like incident to be a new addition to the avengers, a Mysterious Red Hulk getting enraged and causing civilian casualties!
Ross could be working with Zemo (help him with the Hulk, get rid of the avengers, some reasoning) who enables him to become Red Hulk
He could still do the stuff on the Rumour mill (known to pym, provide military support for Stark) as nobody would know his identitiy
I actually have a gut feeling that we'll see Red Hulk in Civil War...or at least start the build-up towards Red Hulk.

According to that leaked script...it's
Hawkeye's family
probably. Although, it doesn't seem like there would be any time
for their mourning since he gets captured right away and fights right after that.

I don't buy that or the leaked script. I can't imagine Marvel going that dark.

Akahige

It's for Crossbones who's not really dead and comes and shoots up his own funeral.

That's the most comic book thing I can think of at the moment.

I'd love
I really hope so!

Top Bottom