• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain Avengers: Civil War starts shooting - Cast and synopsis confirmed

Blader

I'm trying to think of when a "leaked script" for a Marvel Studios film has ever been accurate.

Can't remember if this was the most recent example, but there were a couple pages leaked from Samuel L. Jackson's script of the first Avengers movie, about the Helicarrier being attacked, Banner and Widow dropping to the floor beneath the bridge and him beginning to Hulk out.

Alright, well I just looked it up and Evans was signed for
Marvel films - his Thor 2 cameo didn't count.

So,

Cap 1, Cap 2, Avengers, Avengers 2, Cap 3
He still has 1 more film after that....so yeah, he's still going to be around after Civil War.

Poyunch

Alright, well I just looked it up and Evans was signed for 6 Marvel films - his Thor 2 cameo didn't count.

So,

Cap 1
Cap 2
Avengers
Avengers 2
Cap 3

He still has 1 more film after that....so yeah, he's still going to be around after Civil War.

I always like the theory that
He dies in Civil War and revives due to one of the Infinity Stones.

Mully

Alright, well I just looked it up and Evans was signed for 6 Marvel films - his Thor 2 cameo didn't count.

So,

Cap 1
Cap 2
Avengers
Avengers 2
Cap 3

Speculation that could end up being true and a spoiler below.

So that makes it plausible that he will die and be revived for Infinity War part II.

I kinda hope General Ross isn't Red Hulk. Red Hulk always felt like he was written as a desperate "hey, can I be cool too" to the readers rather than an actual character. He's Hulk, but lacking all the intricate mental issues and drama that usually makes Hulk interesting.

In any case, I don't think he will be.

I think it's most likely that he's there to be all "Ha! I was right about Banner all along!", mustache-twirl a bit, and maybe be called in as an expert witness in front of the Supreme Court or something for the pro-reg side.

But this is a Cap movie. Bringing out Red Hulk would overshadow Cap in his own movie.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I know nothing about the comics, but wiki says this.

Red Hulk plays a vital role in the Infinity Gem crisis of the 2010 "Heroic Age" storyline. After being soundly defeated by a Power Gem-wielding Hood, he later helps Namor and Thor reclaim Namor's Time Gem from the ocean, and acquires the Power Gem from the Hood. Red Hulk is then inducted into the Avengers.

Sounds promising for Red Hulk in the MCU.

I know nothing about the comics, but wiki says this.

Red Hulk plays a vital role in the Infinity Gem crisis of the 2010 "Heroic Age" storyline. After being soundly defeated by a Power Gem-wielding Hood, he later helps Namor and Thor reclaim Namor's Time Gem from the ocean, and acquires the Power Gem from the Hood. Red Hulk is then inducted into the Avengers.

Sounds promising for Red Hulk in the MCU.

...Not really? Almost none of those things are set up in the MCU except for Thor existing.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
...Not really? Almost none of those things are set up in the MCU except for Thor existing.
Well, what I took away from it is that Red Hulk joins The Avengers. I didn't even know there was a Red Hulk until this thread, but knowing that he's part of the team in the source material - particularly in a story involving the infinity gems - makes it seem at least somewhat likely he'll be in the MCU.

Well, what I took away from it is that Red Hulk joins The Avengers. I didn't even know there was a Red Hulk until this thread, but knowing that he's part of the team in the source material - particularly in a story involving the infinity gems - makes it seem at least somewhat likely he'll be in the MCU.

Everyone and their grandmother joins the Avengers in the Marvel universe. Most of them won't be in an MCU movie ever.

BobLoblaw

Banned
MArvel isn't smart enough to kill Ant-Man. He will probably get a sequel.
Ant-Man will be the new Hulk. He'll only show up in crossover movies going forward. They have the release slate up through 2019 already set and unless there's gonna be a four year wait between movies, the chances are pretty low that he gets another solo movie. And I'd actually be ok with that. Have him interacting with the big shots in the big movies and I'm good.

Valentus

Martin Freeman - Son of Thanos

Wait, so is for Real?

If so i can see that he is after Vision's Infinity Gem, and a perfect oportunity to aware The Avengers of Thanos' existence, and set a new mission for Cap and the New Avengers: Search for more heroes to recruit them and be ready when Thanos comes to Earth.

That could be the perfect excuse to link Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Ant Man, spider man and Dr Strange's Movies to Infinity War... Hell, even The Guardians of The Galaxy.

Slayven

What I heard is that
Zemo, Zeke Stane, and Justin Hammer create their own avengers (American Son, USAgent, Freebird, Century, and RIcochet) as a World Security Council version of the avengers after the event that sparks Civil War. Ironman will die in a fight with Stane, due to Stane's biotech being suprior to Tony's armor.

Cade

What I heard is that
Zemo, Zeke Stane, and Justin Hammer create their own avengers (American Son, USAgent, Freebird, Century, and RIcochet) as a World Security Council version of the avengers after the event that sparks Civil War. Ironman will die in a fight with Stane, due to Stane's biotech being suprior to Tony's armor.

I wish you were in charge of the MCU

Martin Freeman is Uncle Ben

whenever_spiderman_goes_to_the_store-112564.gif

ElTopo

Banned
What I heard is that

Killing Ironman in Cap 3 doesn't make a lot of sense. That's a HUGE event for the MCU and would be played out in Avengers 3 and 4. I'd expect a periphial character to die in Cap 3 over Ironman.

Slayven

I wish you were in charge of the MCU
Mid Credit stinger:
Zemo is in prison, his weekly therapy season is taking place. To the unseen therapist he says "Dr.Sofen, you ever wanted to be something more?"

Killing Ironman in Cap 3 doesn't make a lot of sense. That's a HUGE event for the MCU and would be played out in Avengers 3 and 4. I'd expect a periphial character to die in Cap 3 over Ironman.

No no that sets up
the big mystery of who is in the new Ironman armor in the first half of infinity wars

ElTopo

Banned
No no that sets up
the big mystery of who is in the new Ironman armor in the first half of infinity wars

I just don't see it. (Avengers 3 potential spoiler)
They've been setting up Thanos for what seems like forever, they're not going to kill off Ironman before some sort of confrontation. Ironman BUILT the MCU, there's no way they're going to kill him off before the ultimate battle.

NastyBook

Wife's Godmother's 2nd daughter got cast to be a citizen of Wakanda. She told us yesterday at her mother's house. Jelly as fuck.

Blader

It just occurred to me, how old is Peggy Carter supposed to be right now?

Assuming she's the same age as Hayley Atwell in Cap 1, and Winter Solider is set in 2014, she's gotta be closing in on 100 years old!

It just occurred to me, how old is Peggy Carter supposed to be right now?

Assuming she's the same age as Hayley Atwell in Cap 1, and Winter Solider is set in 2014, she's gotta be closing in on 100 years old!

In Cap 1, I peg her (HAH! I'm sorry) at late 20s-30, so if that's 1943, she would definitely be around 100 now.

Poyunch

In Cap 1, I peg her (HAH! I'm sorry) at late 20s-30, so if that's 1943, she would definitely be around 100 now.
She got some of that super-soldier serum from swapping spit with Cap.

They need to save that for (AOU spoilers)
Quicksilver. It was a bummer how little we've seen of him.

Or they do a mass killing spree, bring in the Defenders and they all fuck up until the heavy hitter Avengers are revived.

Top Bottom