• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain Avengers: Civil War starts shooting - Cast and synopsis confirmed

Well,
if he says his Thor cameo doesn't count, I assume neither do flashbacks. The contract seems to be for significant roles

That depends on how long the flashback is, doesn't it? I mean the Thor cameo was like 3 seconds long so who's to say 5-10 minutes won't count?

Another possibility:

Infinity War opens with him being killed. Given that in the comics he didn't die during the actual Civil War storyline but in the aftermath it's a possibility.

Or they do a mass killing spree, bring in the Defenders and they all fuck up until the heavy hitter Avengers are revived.

But the Defenders are canonically some of the most heavy hitting characters on Earth.

Well, at least the original core team of Hulk, Namor, Doctor Strange, and Silver Surfer.

Apt101

Not sure if it's been brought up, but do you guys think Wanda could help Bucky completely remember his past?

That would be cool. I like the sulking, amnesiac weapon Winter Soldier though. Bring back his memories and he's just another Cap. Well, sort of.

Riposte

He isn't. Just the original 616 Defenders.

He could be, may be how they introduce him. Isn't he like the key member of the Defenders, the de facto leader? Btw, I think MCU Defenders being who they are is kind of weird.

EDIT: If they ever make a fake/Dark/etc. Avengers team to be antagonists or villain-protagonists, that's when they should bring in The Punisher (against his will), which could set up quite a pay off when the thing falls apart.

He could be, may be how they introduce him. Isn't he like the key member of the Defenders, the de facto leader? Btw, I think MCU Defenders being who they are is kind of weird.

Not disagreeing with that. I always liked the idea of the Defenders being the team of super powerful dudes who hated being in teams.

I'd love it if they rebuilt that but swapped out Silver Surfer for Captain Marvel or something.

Neoxon

They need to save that for (AOU spoilers)
Quicksilver. It was a bummer how little we've seen of him.
Agreed on that. And if someone else takes Pietro's place as a result of the Time Stone, it would still give his sacrifice some weight.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

EDIT: If they ever make a fake/Dark/etc. Avengers team to be antagonists or villain-protagonists, that's when they should bring in The Punisher (against his will), which could set up quite a pay off when the thing falls apart.

Booth is very unlilely...

Wouldn't disagree, although I figure they don't know what to do with the Punisher.

Has anyone done the math of how many hours of MCU material there is, with and without the shows/mini-series?

About 24 hours give or take of movies

plus

6 hours or so of Agent Carter

plus 29 hours give or take of Agents of Shield

so

59 hours about

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Interesting that Sharon Carter is in this, a co-worker just explained to me that in the comics
she kills Cap while brainwashed

Considering speculation that Marvel may be looking to do that at some point, it certainly fuels that flame

It'll be a flat moment in the movies if they haven't already had their romantic relationship before that happens.

duckroll

By the end of next year, there will at least be:

- Another 3 feature films
- Another 22 episodes of AoS
- Another 8 episodes of Agent Carter
- Another 13 episodes of Daredevil
- 13 episodes of Jessica Jones
- 13 episodes of Luke Cage

If we count possible renewals and unannounced releases, there could also be:

- An additional 10 episodes of AoS
- Another 13 episodes of Jessica Jones
- 13 episodes of Iron Fist

Neoxon

By the end of next year, there will at least be:

- Another 3 feature films
- Another 22 episodes of AoS
- Another 8 episodes of Agent Carter
- Another 13 episodes of Daredevil
- 13 episodes of Jessica Jones
- 13 episodes of Luke Cage

If we count possible renewals and unannounced releases, there could also be:

- An additional 10 episodes of AoS
- Another 13 episodes of Jessica Jones
- 13 episodes of Iron Fist
How long before we get a month's worth of MCU viewing?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Looking through Sebastian Stan's insta and he's pretty as fuck. He should make a good Cap.
those dreamy eyes

2vlnn5I.jpg

AqaW7nR.jpg

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Photos from the “Captain America: Civil War” set in Atlanta

“Captain America: Civil War” has started filming in Atlanta. Today the project has set up shop at Fado in the Buckhead Atlanta shopping district.

Today’s scene involves Paul Rudd and Jeremy Renner and Emily VanCamp I’m told, and I also have some assorted intel for you on Scarlett Johansson, Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans. Sit tight.

dscn0138.jpg

dscn0139.jpg

dscn0146.jpg

The scene happening today appears to be set in London, judging from the double-decker bus and cars parked on the wrong side of the road.

So
Peggy's funeral to take place in London? Makes sense.

FeD.nL

Photos from the “Captain America: Civil War” set in Atlanta

https://cmgajcbuzz.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/dscn0138.jpg[/IG]

[IMG]https://cmgajcbuzz.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/dscn0139.jpg[/MG]

[IMG]https://cmgajcbuzz.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/dscn0146.jpg[/MG]

So [SPOILER]Peggy's funeral to take place in London? Makes sense.[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

Spoilers regarding Ant-Man

[spoiler]Is Michael Douglas set to appear/has been spotted on the set? Seeing as though Hank Pym will share scenes with Peggy in Ant-Man it would make sense for him to show up at her funeral as well[/spoiler]

Adult spiderman married would be better :( makes me sad to see another spider teen

Almost all the movie Spider-Man we've had has been adult Spider-Man. Out of the last five, we've had one movie where he's entirely in high school and another where he's graduated high school before the first half of the movie is over.

Blader

Spoilers regarding Ant-Man

Is Michael Douglas set to appear/has been spotted on the set? Seeing as though Hank Pym will share scenes with Peggy in Ant-Man it would make sense for him to show up at her funeral as well

Good call.

Nah...we do not need another adult member of the Avengers.

18-20 year old in college=/= "Adult". This is like the most pointless statement I've heard parroted about the subject of his casting.

"No man, he can't be a 19 year old in college, that's just too dang similar to all the other Avengers!"

Yes, because 20-something Peter Parker is most definitely coming from the exact same background and life experiences as the Russian Assasin, the frozen super soldier who fought in WWII, and the the billionaire genius playboy who used to make and sell military weapons before he made himself a suit of flying armor. Definitely too much overlap there, a Spiderman in COLLEGE!!111! would just be more of the same of these kinds of people, better put him in high school like he's been in for 3 of his 5 past movie outings! -__-

Avixph

18-20 year old in college=/= "Adult". This is like the most pointless statement I've heard parroted about the subject of his casting.

"No man, he can't be a 19 year old in college, that's just too dang similar to all the other Avengers!"

Yes, because 20-something Peter Parker is most definitely coming from the exact same background and life experiences as the Russian Assasin, the frozen super soldier who fought in WWII, and the the billionaire genius playboy who used to make and sell military weapons before he made himself a suit of flying armor. Definitely too much overlap there, a Spiderman in COLLEGE!!111! would just be more of the same of these kinds of people, better put him in high school like he's been in for 3 of his 5 past movie outings! -__-
He's only been in high school in the first Amazing Spiderman movie.

Top Bottom