• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain Avengers: Civil War starts shooting - Cast and synopsis confirmed

Ruffalo tweet was most likely about Spidey being cast.

Also people still think Gunn has final say on what goes on GOTG, riiiight. There's "giving him credit" then there's "the MCU plans". Not saying Hulk will get shot into space, but if Feige wanted him to, he would be.

Neither Banner or Star-Lord are completely human anyway

TDLink

Also people still think Gunn has final say on what goes on GOTG, riiiight. There's "giving him credit" then there's "the MCU plans". Not saying Hulk will get shot into space, but if Feige wanted him to, he would be.

Feige definitely has final say but as long as the characters end up at a certain point they're being pretty flexible for this property especially. The GotG movie was heavily revamped from the original draft, including adding characters that weren't originally there (like Nebula and Yondu) and removing others that were (like Richard Rider). Plus James Gunn has talked a ton about how he started thinking of ideas for the second film before the first even finished. This time he isn't reworking someone else's script, he's starting from scratch on his own. He still has to run everything by Marvel and they can say no to stuff, but he is definitely the main creative force behind GotG right now.

In an interview I recall Gunn saying the only thing Marvel really made him change for the first film was to have less Thanos. Gunn originally had him in the film more but Marvel thought that would lessen his impact.

Gambit

Basically he matches Captain America's physical abilities, runs a country that is the Saudi Arabia of Vibranium and the Isreal of tech, and ranks Top 10 in non-augmented human intellect in Marvel universe.

It's... quite hard to root for the guy.

Agreed. Actually I find BP much more interesting now that he isn't leading his country. Also I am on Team Namor. But that's a whole other matter. Don't want to derail.

Anyway, the new photos look good. I was hoping they'd find time for Sharon and Cap to connect.

The whole film has me much more excited than AoU ever did.

Feige definitely has final say but as long as the characters end up at a certain point they're being pretty flexible for this property especially. The GotG movie was heavily revamped from the original draft, including adding characters that weren't originally there (like Nebula and Yondu) and removing others that were (like Richard Rider). Plus James Gunn has talked a ton about how he started thinking of ideas for the second film before the first even finished. This time he isn't reworking someone else's script, he's starting from scratch on his own. He still has to run everything by Marvel and they can say no to stuff, but he is definitely the main creative force behind GotG right now.

In an interview I recall Gunn saying the only thing Marvel really made him change for the first film was to have less Thanos. Gunn originally had him in the film more but Marvel thought that would lessen his impact.

It's just I don't see why they'd give Gunn more credit than Whedon (Avengers was equally as, if not more difficult to pull off than Guardians), and they still clearly forced the whole Ragnarok tie-in for Thor in AoU.

If they have to get Thanos from Space to Earth by Infinity War, Guardians 2 could be affected in a fairly big way.

It's just I don't see why they'd give Gunn more credit than Whedon (Avengers was equally as, if not more difficult to pull off than Guardians), and they still clearly forced the whole Ragnarok tie-in for Thor in AoU.

If they have to get Thanos from Space to Earth by Infinity War, Guardians 2 could be affected in a fairly big way.

I thought the Thor pond thing is Whedon's idea. he was given choice to either keep the thor scene, or farmhouse scene. so he choose farmhouse scene and trim the thor scene. but it's not like Whedon didn't want that Thor scene but was told by Marvel to add it.

I thought the Thor pond thing is Whedon's idea. he was given choice to either keep the thor scene, or farmhouse scene. so he choose farmhouse scene and trim the thor scene. but it's not like Whedon didn't want that Thor scene but was told by Marvel to add it.
You've got it a bit twisted.

Whedon wanted the Thor pond scene out of the movie. He suggested they remove it and just have Thor explain what he saw after returning later. Marvel threatened to cut the farmhouse and the flashback sequences if he got rid of the Thor scenes, so he buckled.

See:
The dreams were not an executive favorite. The dreams, the farmhouse, these were things I fought [for]. With the cave, they pointed a gun at the farm’s head and ‘Give us the cave’. They got the farm. In a civilized way – I respect these guys, but that’s when it got really unpleasant. There was a point when there was going to be no cave, and Thor was going to leave and come back and say, ‘I figured some stuff out.’ And at that point I was so beaten down, I was like, ‘Sure, okay… what movie is this?’ The editors were like, ‘No no, you have to show the thing, you just can’t say it.’ I was like, ‘Okay, thank you, we can figure this out!’ You can tell it was beaten down, but it was hard won.
http://www.slashfilm.com/joss-whedo...was-supposed-to-be-in-avengers-age-of-ultron/

FeD.nL

Iron Man 2 Black Widow hair is best Back Widow hair.

QFT. Can't wait for the "selfmade storyboard with audio snuck out of hall H d23(?)"-trailer. Where is Marvel going to show footage btw, at D23 or are they going to have a separate event like the phase 3 announcement?

You've got it a bit twisted.

Whedon wanted the Thor pond scene out of the movie. He suggested they remove it and just have Thor explain what he saw after returning later. Marvel threatened to cut the farmhouse and the flashback sequences if he got rid of the Thor scenes, so he buckled.

See:

http://www.slashfilm.com/joss-whedo...was-supposed-to-be-in-avengers-age-of-ultron/
Am I the only one that thought he meant the pond when he mentions the dreams? Since the dreams are the reason Thor went there anyways.

Pachimari

Black Widow have perfect hair right there! That is the closest we'll get to her Iron Man 2 look. And I really think they are gonna start the romance between Steve and Sharon. They'll connect on a deep level, talking about Peggy.

This is so gonna be a Captain America movie - not an Avengers film.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Nat finally got Cap to go out with his neighbor.
vAC7ULc.png

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Black Widow have perfect hair right there! That is the closest we'll get to her Iron Man 2 look. And I really think they are gonna start the romance between Steve and Sharon. They'll connect on a deep level, talking about Peggy.

This is so gonna be a Captain America movie - not an Avengers film.

Well Age of Ultron already planted the seed that Cap still longs for a normal life, so it's no accident that Sharon will play a larger role in Civil War.

Blader

That's true, but you'd think that Gunn would be privy to that since he's already writing GOTG2. Not being told Hulk has to be in the movie would be a pretty big oversight.

Of course, it could be the Hulk really is in the movie and Gunn is just lying.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Thank god they didn't give Cap ANOTHER new outfit for this movie. I know they gotta sell those toys, but man, just keep the same outfit for once.

Sou Da

Thank god they didn't give Cap ANOTHER new outfit for this movie. I know they gotta sell those toys, but man, just keep the same outfit for once.

They did change it a bit, muted the colors and stuff. Some pretty good :scust: faces in those shantytown images.

Well technically it is a different outfit, but not by much. They just removed some red and white, making the top half of his suit look more like the stealth outfit from Winter Soldier.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Well technically it is a different outfit, but not by much. They just removed some red and white, making the top half of his suit look more like the stealth outfit from Winter Soldier.
Oh yeah, just noticed the removal of the red at the top near the star. Well at least it's the same design and patterns.

-griffy-

Banned

It actually is altered a bit. It's kind of a combo between his Age of Ultron suit and his stealth suit from Winter Soldier.

I'm really excited that Falcon is part of the "official" team now.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Didn't we already see Wakanda in Ultron?
We dont know.
Klaw stole Vibranium from there - The Hulkbuster fight could have taken place somewhere else.

Maybe this is a country next to Wakanda - The action of the Avengers gain the attention of Black Panther and he decides to infiltrate the Avengers.
He did something similar when he joined the Avengers in the comics.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
They did change it a bit, muted the colors and stuff. Some pretty good :scust: faces in those shantytown images.

Quick and dirty.

When Cap is gonna fight Iron Man 1:1
ZOTrWN7.png

When we someone betray Cap for Tony
DmBuxos.png

When we see Hawkeye fire Ant-Man on one of his arrows.
JFHBZAi.png

When this film makes 2 billion
HNyNnrp.png

kirblar

We dont know.
Klaw stole Vibranium from there - The Hulkbuster fight could have taken place somewhere else.

Maybe this is a country next to Wakanda - The action of the Avengers gain the attention of Black Panther and he decides to infiltrate the Avengers.
He did something similar when he joined the Avengers in the comics.
Wasn't Klawe in South Africa?

edit: !!!!!!!!

Top Bottom