• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain Avengers: Civil War starts shooting - Cast and synopsis confirmed

Spinluck

chris-evans-first-captain-america-on-set-photos-06.jpg

LMAO Mackie.

Make Daddy a sandwhich

Bruh

Hawkeye will win easily.

If the contest is "Win a free asskicking," then yes. He will win.

That's not a prize I want!

If Hawkeye beats Black Panther in a fight, the funeral they'll all be attending will be the MCU funeral, because it'll be DEAD TO ME.

He has the all-powerful MacGuffin arrow, BP's fucked.

BP is literally the MacGuffin Man!

...Ruffalo wtf you on about

I just found out my coworkers husband is a cinematographer for this movie..I'm legit jealous. He's been texting her all day about how cool RDJ is. I asked her to get some pictures soon so hopefully I can post something, if he's able to. ATL represent.

I've had this scenario in my head for a while now.

In Civil War, the government, with Stark's help, sends Banner in space since he's too much of a threath on Earth. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is Planet Hulk (they haven't announced a subtitle yet like every Marvel movie). Then they all come back to Earth in Infinity War.

Makes too much sense.

guek

Banned

In Civil War, the government, with Stark's help, sends Banner in space since he's too much of a threath on Earth. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is Planet Hulk (they haven't announced a subtitle yet like every Marvel movie). Then they all come back to Earth in Infinity War.

Makes too much sense.
Too much indeed, Gunn shot down the idea :-(

gwarm01

Wow. I left Avengers 2 completely underwhelmed and sort of laughing at the "new Avengers." Yet now I'm more excited for this movie than I was Avengers 2.

Too much indeed, Gunn shot down the idea :-(

I don't believe him. ;)

Also, they've been building up Banner/Hulk's character in Ultron where he's still going on the run and I'm sure they won't go the same route as the Avengers 1 or Incredbile Hulk where he's hiding in Brazil or India. It's too redundant.

Also, having Hulk as a supporting role would make sense since he's the hardest out of all those heroes to do a stand-alone film for.

I dunno. It's such a perfect storm of story elements and beats that fits into the entire saga. It all comes full circle with a reason for the Guardians to go back to earth. They stumble upon Hulk in the colloseum, they might be prisonners there, they need Hulk's help (he comes from earth as does Star-Lord so there's a connection). If he helps them, they have to bring him back to earth in return and he might drop some Infinity Stones knowledge on them in order to motivate them to also go to earth.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

Makes too much sense.

It would have happened in Age of Ultron if that was true.

Falchion

Wow. I left Avengers 2 completely underwhelmed and sort of laughing at the "new Avengers." Yet now I'm more excited for this movie than I was Avengers 2.

I thought Winter Soldier was better than both of the Avengers movies and I'm thinking the same thing will be true for Civil War.

It would have happened in Age of Ultron if that was true.

Well, not before the government starts to meddle in superheroes affair in Civil War. They've been teasing more and more (Iron Man 2 and Winter Soldier) that the government's patience is starting to run out with heroes and collateral damage. They could use Hulk's rampage in South Africa as a reason for him to be a threat that needs dealing with.

Ein Bear

I really hope they tone Black Panther down a lot for the movies, the character is insufferable in the comics. He's all the worst aspects of 'prep-time Batman', but instead of being a haunted man in shitty Gotham City, he's simultaneously the king of a perfect paradise on Earth.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Well, not before the government starts to meddle in superheroes affair in Civil War. They've been teasing more and more (Iron Man 2 and Winter Soldier) that the government's patience is starting to run out with heroes and collateral damage. They could use Hulk's rampage in South Africa as a reason for him to be a threat that needs dealing with.

Easy fix - Banner turns into a hobo. He falls asleep inside a rocket that J Jonah Jameson Jr pilots. It crashes. JJJ writes a think piece demanding all homeless people be killed.

Slayven

I really hope they tone Black Panther down a lot for the movies, the character is insufferable in the comics. He's all the worst aspects of 'prep-time Batman', but instead of being a haunted man in shitty Gotham City, he's simultaneously the king of a perfect paradise on Earth.

Nope to all that.

I want Fox News to bleed salt.

Neoxon

I don't believe him. ;)

Also, they've been building up Banner/Hulk's character in Ultron where he's still going on the run and I'm sure they won't go the same route as the Avengers 1 or Incredbile Hulk where he's hiding in Brazil or India. It's too redundant.

Also, having Hulk as a supporting role would make sense since he's the hardest out of all those heroes to do a stand-alone film for.

I dunno. It's such a perfect storm of story elements and beats that fits into the entire saga. It all comes full circle with a reason for the Guardians to go back to earth. They stumble upon Hulk in the colloseum, they might be prisonners there, they need Hulk's help (he comes from earth as does Star-Lord so there's a connection). If he helps them, they have to bring him back to earth in return and he might drop some Infinity Stones knowledge on them in order to motivate them to also go to earth.
James Gunn has a strict "No Humans From Earth Besides Star-Lord" policy, it's why Richard Rider wasn't in the film despite being in the initial draft by Nicole Perlman & the one given to James Gunn after a number of rewrites. Not to mention that Marvel gave James Gunn a free pass to do whatever he wants with Guardians 2 after the success of the first one, so I doubt his policy is gonna change.

Fuck no. Absolutely not.

I want the salty ass tears of the racist shitheads on Fox News crying crocodile tears that a nation in Africa is vastly more powerful than Murica

James Gunn has a strict "No Humans From Earth Besides Star-Lord" policy, it's why Richard Rider wasn't in the film despite being in the initial draft by Nicole Perlman & the one given to James Gunn after a number of rewrites. Not to mention that Marvel gave James Gunn a free pass to do whatever he wants with Guardians 2 after the success of the first one, so I doubt his policy is gonna change.

Well, we all know that Marvel wants and needs to force certain elements in those movies to make bridges and connections with future scenarios. Not saying it won't be the case for Guardians 2 but there are two or three story beats that needed to be in Ultron to make connections with future movies. Even if they're well-presented, they're not really needed to tell the story they wanted to tell in Age of Ultron.

SoilBreak

Banned

Nah I'm Good.

Neoxon

WavyUnpleasantBadger.gif

If Hulk joins the party, this movie is gonna be bonkers.

raphier

Banned

Edgar Wright was also given free pass, look how that turned out

Neoxon

• James Gunn has already proven himself to Marvel Studios. At most they'll make him add a Thanos scene or two, but that's it. If I recall, the Marvel Studios execs thought Gunn's script outline was "risky", but let him do it anyway.
  • Edgar Wright is a tricky case, more so given how long he took to get Ant-Man into production.

Dai101

Banned

NOPE.

Is not our fault that batman sucks at his job.

Gunn didn't take 8 years to deliver tho'.

guek

Banned
I still don't know what "creative differences" lead to Wright leaving the film anyway. Was it marvel being restrictive creatively or was it just Wright being upset over certain changes they made?
My wild, unsubstantiated guess is that everything is a product of Wright taking so damn long. Marvel let him continually delay production and when Wright finally got to it, Marvel insisted on a several changes to better incorporate into phase 2 and 3 seeing as how a lot had changed since their initial pitches. Wright refused and Marvel cut the cord.

If they didn't tone down Stark I don't see why they should tone down BP. And I love assholish Stark.

I know this is going to sound completely crazy, given all the insane, sci-fi tech and weird magic we've seen existing in the MCU, but the idea of them shooting the Hulk into space just seems...weird. Like, for some reason, despite all I've seen happen, that would be the thing that made it too hard for me to suspend my disbelief. I just can't imagine that happening in these movies.

Not that I think it would be bad. I don't really know about that. It's just the kind of thing that would finally make me go "Really?"

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?

Nawwwwwwwwwwwww
3547817-4922675490-MchAI.jpg

tomtom94

Easy way to handle Hulk getting shot into space and keep James Gunn happy: Captain Marvel debuts at end of Infinity War Part 1. Hulk is shot into space. Hulk plays supporting role in Captain Marvel. They show up again in Infinity War Part 2 and kick ass.

Easy way to handle Hulk getting shot into space and keep James Gunn happy: Captain Marvel debuts at end of Infinity War Part 1. Hulk is shot into space. Hulk plays supporting role in Captain Marvel. They show up again in Infinity War Part 2 and kick ass.

What if Hulk isn't literally shot into space but rather stranded there? Perhaps in the middle of IW 1 or 2 they have to go to space and the ship Hulk is in gets blown up or something and he's stuck in a derelict space ship or something.

That doesn't quite explain why he's pissed when he gets back, but it's a possibility.
I know this is going to sound completely crazy, given all the insane, sci-fi tech and weird magic we've seen existing in the MCU, but the idea of them shooting the Hulk into space just seems...weird. Like, for some reason, despite all I've seen happen, that would be the thing that made it too hard for me to suspend my disbelief. I just can't imagine that happening in these movies.

Not that I think it would be bad. I don't really know about that. It's just the kind of thing that would finally make me go "Really?"
You know, I think I understand what you mean. It's not that there's no tech/magic/etc to do it in the movies, it's that I think it's a bit silly. Like... what was the plan? To shoot him into space and hope he just floats out there forever? Doesn't sound like a smart thing to do. They probably know at this point Hulk won't die out there, so it'll only make things worse.

Blader

I'm gonna guess Ruffalo's tweet was about Spidey being cast than Hulk being in the movie.

My wild, unsubstantiated guess is that everything is a product of Wright taking so damn long. Marvel let him continually delay production and when Wright finally got to it, Marvel insisted on a several changes to better incorporate into phase 2 and 3 seeing as how a lot had changed since their initial pitches. Wright refused and Marvel cut the cord.

There was *one* delay in production, four years ago, that Marvel allowed because they didn't consider Ant-Man a priority.

anaron

Emily is looking very comics Sharon Carter. I like.

also please jesus let Scarlett just dye her current hair red to give us that amazing BW hair

guek

Banned
I'm gonna guess Ruffalo's tweet was about Spidey being cast than Hulk being in the movie.

There was *one* delay in production, four years ago, that Marvel allowed because they didn't consider Ant-Man a priority.
I thought the delay for World's End was the second time *shrugs*

Top Bottom