• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain Avengers: Civil War starts shooting - Cast and synopsis confirmed

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
I'll give you guys credit, you went a massive 27 pages before shitting it up with useless fanboy comic wars garbage. Give yourselves a medal, that's probably a record for these kinds of threads.

Come on. That's an overreaction, it's hardly shat up anything.

Also 100PPP Gaf ftw.

Widow has a nice coat.

Right??!
tumblr_noeuiaQWAa1qd4w1no1_500.png

Cream

Banned
You know.
We live in at age when comic book costumes WORK on movies.
Batfleck looks fantastic.
Cap looks fantastic.
Crossbones looks awesome.
Fricking Falcon looks great! Falcon people!!!

:D

Spidey was in in AS2 as well.

and Deadpool is the best of them all.

- J - D -

You know.
We live in at age when comic book costumes WORK on movies.
Batfleck looks fantastic.
Cap looks fantastic.
Crossbones looks awesome.
Fricking Falcon looks great! Falcon people!!!

:D

Well, you can't really say this because MCU Falcon doesn't look anything like this:

korkv4htedw4w5benyhv.jpg

- J - D -

He does look like Ultimate Falcon though, and almost all costumes in MCU are based off Ultimate ones.

That's true, but when he exclaimed that comic book costumes now work in movies, I'm betting he didn't mean from a comic universe where costumes were already generally grounded and toned down in flamboyance.

Cade

That's true, but when he exclaimed that comic book movies now work in movies, I'm betting he didn't mean from a comic universe where costumes were already generally grounded and toned down in flamboyance.

Probably not, yeah. I don't think the red and white look would work in the MCU, and especially the weird headgarb he shares with Cyclops/Gambit, the topless.. hood.. thing. What is that even called?

Corpsepyre

Banned
Glad Widow is rocking the longer locks. She was unbelievably hot in Iron Man 2, but then something happened in the later movies, and all that was lost. These new shots are really enticing.

mooncakes

[
As has been reported before via Latino Review, the main villains of the film will be Dormammu and Baron Mordo. Dormammu will also be leading an army of zealots, which is most likely the Mindless Ones that have already been rumored as well.

Hope this is not true..we already have
Chitauri army, robot drones (IM2), extremis people, those dark elves army, iron mens, mindless ultron's drone..
The marvel formula is here to stay I guess.

Hope this is not true..we already have
Chitauri army, robot drones (IM2), extremis people, those dark elves army, iron mens, mindless ultron's drone..
The marvel formula is here to stay I guess.
It's really not a Marvel thing. Bad guys gotta have nameless henchmen/fodder in action movies. And doesn't make sense to make them people when the bad guy is not a person.

Dai101

Banned
Great article. This does make me wonder what Marvel will expect for Dr. Strange and Captain Marvel though, whether a 'Phase 1' gross of around $400-500 million would make them give up on the characters or make them worry about the MCU.

Probably not though. I do expect Guardians 2 and Thor to hit the $500-700m bracket (Guardians being the higher end, Thor being lower) with Civil War being slightly under $1bn, Spiderman will likely follow suit, I'd imagine Amazing Spiderman 2 numbers with a slight 'MCU' bump and for the rookie franchises I have absolutely no idea.

Top Bottom