• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain Avengers: Civil War starts shooting - Cast and synopsis confirmed

I am pretty dubious whether we will even see Wakanda in this movie. I am pretty sure that when they portray Wakanda, it won't look like a shanty town though.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I am pretty dubious whether we will even see Wakanda in this movie. I am pretty sure that when they portray Wakanda, it won't look like a shanty town though.
Maybe thats true. Maybe we just see Black Panther in the UN or something like this, were the politicians are debatting what to do with superhumans.

just felt like posting this for no reason
HBPIKbq.jpg

Man, Marvel has me. It feels like what i'm told being into to football is like. They have the regular season, then the Super Bowl, then the Draft, then training camp, etc.. It's like a year round moving cycle of things happening and stuff to get into. I feel like it's like that for the MCU now. From announcements of Phase 3, to the casting news, to production stills and news, to the actual solo films/shows. I just got over the great ride that was Age of Ultron and here I am ramping up the hype in my mind for Civil War.

jrDev

Reading the earlier posts, does the first 'The Hulk' count in this canon? Because 'The Incredoble Hulk' didn't start as an origin story iirc...

Great article. This does make me wonder what Marvel will expect for Dr. Strange and Captain Marvel though, whether a 'Phase 1' gross of around $400-500 million would make them give up on the characters or make them worry about the MCU.

Probably not though. I do expect Guardians 2 and Thor to hit the $500-700m bracket (Guardians being the higher end, Thor being lower) with Civil War being slightly under $1bn, Spiderman will likely follow suit, I'd imagine Amazing Spiderman 2 numbers with a slight 'MCU' bump and for the rookie franchises I have absolutely no idea.
This is a double edged sword in my opinion. If it is going to be just a marvel film with captain America as the title and civil war the subtitle with a whole lot of other marvel characters playing pivotal roles, then justice isn't done by calling this a captain America film.

If the film truly gives captain America the spotlight which it should since it's his film, then the civil war storyline, however much it will deviate from the comics, isn't being served justice. From my understanding, the civil wat storyline has 3 main characters: captain America, iron man, and spiderman, along with the rest of the marvel universe.

So either way, this film should've just been titled avengers 3 (avengers: civil war) making thanos av4, or just Marvel's civil war.

But Disney is already doing what that forbes article states they don't want them to do. They've got rdj contracted in that film with the expectations that it will outperform cap2. So it's really just about having a conglomerating marvel film with captain America in the title, and they know it's gonna perform huge because the former.

Blader

This is a double edged sword in my opinion. If it is going to be just a marvel film with captain America as the title and civil war the subtitle with a whole lot of other marvel characters playing pivotal roles, then justice isn't done by calling this a captain America film.

If the film truly gives captain America the spotlight which it should since it's his film, then the civil war storyline, however much it will deviate from the comics, isn't being served justice. From my understanding, the civil wat storyline has 3 main characters: captain America, iron man, and spiderman, along with the rest of the marvel universe.

So either way, this film should've just been titled avengers 3 (avengers: civil war) making thanos av4, or just Marvel's civil war.

But Disney is already doing what that forbes article states they don't want them to do. They've got rdj contracted in that film with the expectations that it will outperform cap2. So it's really just about having a conglomerating marvel film with captain America in the title, and they know it's gonna perform huge because the former.

The Civil War comic sucks, who cares about doing it justice? They should just be concerned with doing it better.

It's called Captain America: Civil War because it's written predominantly as Cap's story. Other Avengers being in it doesn't make it an Avengers story, they just fill out the supporting cast, much like SHIELD fills out the supporting cast in Winter Soldier.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

That Forbes article is stupid because it's always been talked about as a Cap-centric story with appearances from various other MCU characters.

The unwarranted assumption that just because they are appearing they will take part in some sort of earthspanning Avengers-esque war is what's clouding people's opinions. And there's not much to do when people are jumping to conclusions that every role is a major one despite reiterating what it is going to be like.

just felt like posting this for no reason
HBPIKbq.jpg

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

I had to YouTube this because I'd never seen it. It's fucking killing me.

How the hell did Ruffalo even get such a high-profile role? I had never heard of him at the time of his casting announcement and I looked over his filmography and I don't remember him in anything.

Cptkrush

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

How the hell did Ruffalo even get such a high-profile role? I had never heard of him at the time of his casting announcement and I looked over his filmography and I don't remember him in anything.
You should watch Zodiac. Aside from it being a phenomenal film, he's absolutely brilliant in it

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
That Forbes article is stupid because it's always been talked about as a Cap-centric story with appearances from various other MCU characters.

The unwarranted assumption that just because they are appearing they will take part in some sort of earthspanning Avengers-esque war is what's clouding people's opinions. And there's not much to do when people are jumping to conclusions that every role is a major one despite reiterating what it is going to be like.

Yup. You can't please everyone.

Rest of Avengers not in Iron Man 3, Thor 2 and Cap 2

Part of Audience: Why aren't the Avengers helping? Where are the rest of them?

Marvel decides to include more characters in roles of unknown importance in Cap 3

Part of Audience: Pff. Why are they in this movie? Might as well call the movie Avengers 3.

Cream

Banned
Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Not even Eternal Sunshine?

Before Avenger's solidified him as Bruce Banner in my mind, Ruffalo to me had always just been "that guy from Eternal Sunshine."

You should watch Zodiac. Aside from it being a phenomenal film, he's absolutely brilliant in it

I've watched both multiple times and I couldn't place him in either one. Then again, I have a shitty ass memory. I watched that clip 30 or so times already and it's still making me laugh.

And now I somehow made it to Scott Pilgrim soundtrack videos. Damn, those songs were pretty damn good even if they weren't something I usually listen to.

DeathyBoy

Banned

And Shutter Island.

Seriously, Shutter Island. One of those amazing moments where you're wondering what the fuck an actor is doing, and slowly if starts to dawn on you that every choice is very intentional.

And Shutter Island.

Seriously, Shutter Island. One of those amazing moments where you're wondering what the fuck an actor is doing, and slowly if starts to dawn on you that every choice is very intentional.
Yeah he was quite amazing in Shutter Island, maybe my favorite character in that movie.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Hayley Atwell says she'll be on the set in about 10 days, but didn't specify whether she's filming or just visiting. Maybe some flashbacks or
last moments
?

whipihguh

Banned
I just remembered something. The Russo Brothers mentioned a while ago that they were throwing ideas around about
psycho 1950's Cap
for the Captain America 3. You still think we might still see that story thread in the film, or do you think the Civil War concept pushed that out?

Prologue

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Hes in collateral with tom cruise :p

Top Bottom