• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain Avengers: Civil War starts shooting - Cast and synopsis confirmed

Blader

The world's major governments giving a fuck about any collateral damage in an African town is probably the most unrealistic thing about this movie.

Just pointing out, I've already heard that that set piece is meant to be Nigeria, not Wakanda.

And if that's Nigeria, it sure can't be Abuja. Maybe the outskirts of Lagos or something?

guek

Banned
tbh Tony didn't say "Wakanda? The super rich powerful natiopn of Africa?" in AoU, he was like "that african country, that noe, whatever, the one with the vibranium" so it's probably not a world superpower in the MCU.
They're not a global power in the comics either, they're typically extremely xenophobic and hermit-like.

It sure would be something if the movie started and ended with a funeral.

hrCOE5.png
"It's like poetry. It rhymes."

Asami208

Banned
Because people don't pay attention. A surprisingly large number of people seem to think that the shipyard where Klaw was hiding out in AOU was in Wakanda, despite that making zero sense whatsoever.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anyone else find it super weird in AoU when Banner had difficulty pronouncing Wakanda? like, as a man who went to great lengths to hide internationally and is considered a top mind I would imagine he had some basic geographic knowledge. Especially when Sokovia is just that.

Dabanton

Because people don't pay attention. A surprisingly large number of people seem to think that the shipyard where Klaw was hiding out in AOU was in Wakanda, despite that making zero sense whatsoever.

I'm baffled at the amount of people who missed the big letters on the screen as that scene started.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
Can we stop thinking every set with more than 2 black people on it is Wakanda, please?

Betty

Banned
Anyone else find it super weird in AoU when Banner had difficulty pronouncing Wakanda? like, as a man who went to great lengths to hide internationally and is considered a top mind I would imagine he had some basic geographic knowledge. Especially when Sokovia is just that.

It sounds like he'd never heard of it before, maybe Black Panther just did a really good job of hiding it thanks to some camouflage tech or something

Asami208

Banned
Well Wakanda in the comics is rather small geography-wise, kind of remote, and very isolationist/xenophobic. So the fact that a guy who's spent most of his time over the last few years on the run might not be familiar with it is within the realm of possibility.

99% of people don't even know it exists. It's really remote and super isolationist (they basically kill people who cross their borders). The only reason why Cap and Iron Man know about it is because of Howard Stark and Cap's shield.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
So is this gonna be like the production thread we had for Ultron?
We have a production thread, but it's in community like all the others. At the moment people are hijacking this one to post updates because it's on off topic proper and everyone treats community like it's a cemetery. I'd rather we just kept using the other topic for these pictures because I believe this one will eventually be locked by a mod if it continues to be used like a production thread.

XAL

Tbh Tony didn't say "Wakanda? The super rich powerful nation of Africa?" in AoU, he was like "that african country, whatever, the one with the vibranium" so it's probably not a world superpower in the MCU.

It also seemed like only Tony and Steve knew what the fuck a Wakanda was.

If it was an impoverished nation with a loose control of vibranium, I feel like everyone would know it existed. It's still a superpower, just one that almost no one knows about.

I weren't overly happy about Cap's suit in Age of Ultron but this one in Civil War works for me.

They're nearly Identical...

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Top Bottom