• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain Avengers: Civil War starts shooting - Cast and synopsis confirmed

curb

Banned
This movie is packed, cast-wise. I really hope they'll manage to maintain focus, because it looks like they're jamming half of the MCU into this

Well, Anthony Mackie and Don Cheadle are technically in
Age of Ultron but they're used very sparingly
. I suspect it will be similar with this movie.

CryptiK

You didn't see that coming?
Me neither

Everyone that follows this to be identical to CW the comic is going to be dissapointed.

P.S: Civil war sucks-

Well Civil War is really only known for one thing(yes there are many other things I know) and that is Stark vs Rogers

kirblar

She's the "red button" one yeah. She once accidentally rewrote the entirety of reality.
Way too soon to be escalating her to that level.
Well, Anthony Mackie and Don Cheadle are technically in
Age of Ultron but they're used very sparingly
. I suspect it will be similar with this movie.
Mackie will almost certainly have a major role, given his prominence in Cap's inner circle.

Fury451

Banned
I hope we get hawkeye firing ant man on his arrow at some point in the future

hawkeye-antman.jpg

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Well, Anthony Mackie and Don Cheadle are technically in Age of Ultron but they're used very sparingly. I suspect it will be similar with this movie.

Yeah if they agree to those kind of bit parts it could be a non-issue.

Cheebo

Banned
Daredevil is without question the best super hero in the MCU, I am sure they will get him involved at some point.

curb

Banned
Mackie will almost certainly have a major role, given his prominence in Cap's inner circle.

Oh, for sure. I wasn't speaking to the size of his role in Civil War, only that other heroes are in the AoU cast but have smaller roles.

Percy

Banned
Long shot, but could Martin Freeman be playing The Leader or some shit in this?

I mean, Ross is in it, so Incredible Hulk is now MCU canon and there was never any follow up on Leader's origin happening at the end of that movie, so...

Seijuro

Feeling kind of meh about this movie.... was looking forward to a movie more like Winter Soldier, instead this is Avengers 2.5 :(
If they look into the Winter Soldier character again it's guaranteed to be quite short because "yay we got Downey in this, he needs even more screen time"....

I loved Avengers AoU, but please at least try to keep the characters seperated in their own movies.

I mean, Ross is in it, so Incredible Hulk is now MCU canon and there was never any follow up on Leader's origin happening at the end of that movie, so...

I don't see how they could possibly fit The Leader into this already packed movie. Thunderbolt Ross is there because of what happened with Hulk in AOU, and its highly likely that Freeman is playing Everett K. Ross as Faraci has stated he'll also appear in Black Panther.

Garlador

That loose end continues to bother me.

Granted, I want some She-Hulk action too. The Avengers need a good lawyer, right?

Apharmd

I'm worried that Baron Zemo is going to be the cause of everything evil in this movie and Iron Man/Captain America won't actually have much conflict with each other. At the end it'll be just "Oh. Zemo planned it. We're totally cool again."

guek

Banned

No reason they wouldn't bring back a Tim Nelson for that.

I'm so bummed we still haven't seen abomination in another movie

Cheebo

Banned
Why are people acting like its news The Incredible Hulk is canon? Tony Stark was in it! It was extremely obvious it was part of MCU from the get-go.

I'm worried that Baron Zemo is going to be the cause of everything evil in this movie and Iron Man/Captain America won't actually have much conflict with each other. At the end it'll be just "Oh. Zemo planned it. We're totally cool again."

I always got the impression that Stark and Cap were always basically one match away from the entire powder keg exploding between them. They were gonna fight in Avengers. Age of Ultron stuff. One big incident would definitely cause an unbreakable rift. They just have too many ideological differences.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
All ready starting to see a few "that's too many Avengers for a Captain America movie" articles around the internet.

Ain'ters gonna ain't, but I'm psyched.

And we still don't know how many of them are going to be involved in the main storyline and how many are just going to be cameo level. It makes me more excited for Ant-Man, though, knowing that he's in this.

jtb

Banned
The Ruffalo Banner feels like a very different take than Ed Norton and none of the character beats remained. Not that Hulk 08 had that many beats to begin with, given the origin story was completely glossed over.

Incredible Hulk is weirdly both canon and completely ignored by the MCU. probably rightfully so, though I think the first half of 08 Hulk is actually a pretty good film and it's a shame the rights and general poor box office performance means we won't get a proper MCU Hulk film for a while, if ever. Especially because Ruffalo's Hulk, while comically underwritten (and, generally, just reduced to yet another a clumsily written plot device without the benefit of standalone films), is a decent performance. Plus, I just like Ruffalo as an actor.

- J - D -

Charlie Cox said no and that he's bummed about it

The absence of Daredevil in Civil War is a shame. He's so close to the devastation that occurred in New York (not just in Avengers, but in Hulk as well), that If one of the central themes of Civil War is going to be of accountability, then it just makes sense to include a perspective of a hero who's so close to the ground, representing the concerns of the little people -- the ones the tv show says the Avengers "forgot about".

Apharmd

I always got the impression that Stark and Cap were always basically one match away from the entire powder keg exploding between them. They were gonna fight in Avengers. Age of Ultron stuff. One big incident would definitely cause an unbreakable rift. They just have too many ideological differences.

I agree and this would be incredibly logical and consistent, but I'm still worried. Loved AoU though, and Winter Soldier totally delivered so this SHOULD be a formula for success.

Right, self?

shira

I'm surprised notoriously cheap Marvel keeps shelling out huge salaries for RDJ.

My expectation is that Tony dies in Civil War. Makes too much sense. Give the viewer the reverse, so it's not completley telegraphed from the comics, and I'm sure Kevin Feige is drooling at the prospect of taking the only highly paid star in the MCU off the books.

Advantage Cheadle
fqwvDsK.jpg

mreddie

I think after this, Marvel needs to calm the fuck down if this is setting up to be Captain America and the Avengers: The Movie. Oh right, Doctor Strange.

Cheebo

Banned
Probably because we have a different Banner now. They assume it's seperate.

They recast Rhodey as well after IM1 too though. I mean the fact there was Avengers setup, and a direct appearance by Stark himself in Hulk made it pretty obvious it was tied into the MCU.

They recast Rhodey as well after IM1 too though. I mean the fact there was Avengers setup, and a direct appearance by Stark himself in Hulk made it pretty obvious it was tied into the MCU.

I thought the fact it came after Iron Man, which was the start of MCU, made it clear that it was part of it. Everything since then has been canon.

jtb

Banned
tbh I really liked Ed Norton's Banner. He was a good fit. Why didn't he do the Avengers? Salary demands?

Cheebo

Banned
I thought the fact it came after Iron Man, which was the start of MCU, made it clear that it was part of it. Everything since then has been canon.

Exactly, there is tons of reasons why it seemed to be clearly part of the MCU and no reasons to assume it wasn't. Which makes the "I guess The Incredible Hulk is part of the MCU canon now" posts so bizarre.

Top Bottom