• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carcassonne iPhone/iTouch

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Griff & I are playing our final. Griff force Game 2 by taking a nice healthy win in Game 1. Game 2 coming down to the wire as it should.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
95-89 Grifter takes it -- gj!

More importantly, we actually finished the tournament!

We should do the next one in honor of the expansions, which hopefully they aren't BSing about.

Grifter

Too close! Your taking that last field early helped me, I think.

First score was 140-99 (tourney site lists scores so I'm not rubbing it in, that got away from you early). ;)

Anyone else play from work? Coding and coming up for air with Carc moves against Astro sped my day up.

Jonnyram

Not enough games going on right now. Someone hit me up with some invites.
3 or 4 players works quite well, I feel.
5 player games are often heartbreaking.

Grifter

I can use more games too if anyone's starting a wave.

Does anyone play Words With Friends? I'm risottoball on that too.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Is it just me or are the Carc and Ascension expansions perpetually "a few weeks away?" Carc especially; they're getting into Valve Time territory at this point.

Gaspode_T

Grifter said:
I can use more games too if anyone's starting a wave.

Does anyone play Words With Friends? I'm risottoball on that too.

Is Words with Friends just scrabble ripoff or what? I've never tried it but heard about it a lot.

I am back from a business trip and ready to get more games going too. I will send some invites out tonight. Although it will probably end up damaging my now-finally-somewhat-recovered ELO if I send too many to guys like you and Jonnyram, I need to convince more newbies to join the community.

rc213

Gaspode_T said:
Is Words with Friends just scrabble ripoff or what? I've never tried it but heard about it a lot.

I am back from a business trip and ready to get more games going too. I will send some invites out tonight. Although it will probably end up damaging my now-finally-somewhat-recovered ELO if I send too many to guys like you and Jonnyram, I need to convince more newbies to join the community.
Yes it's pretty much a ripoff of Scrabble but with better online play options.

I started a game with you risottoball.

Also more Carc games please!

Grifter

WWF is a ripoff like Scrabulous on Facebook was, but with a less enjoyable and helpful interface, and tons of ads. I'm not sure how they get away with it when Scrabulous got shut down.

eznark

Banned
Did any of you guys pick up Tigris & Euphrates? Enough to start it's own community thread?

Crazy week for iOS board games! Freaking Forbidden Island came out as well.

Grifter

rc213 said:
Yes it's pretty much a ripoff of Scrabble but with better online play options.

I started a game with you risottoball.

Also more Carc games please!
Did the game get declined? I went in, got a server busy error, and can't make a move.

eznark

Banned
Just picked up T&E so I am down. I know Flynn has it too.

Are you not supposed to know the other persons score? In the tutotorial you see the score, in this game I am playing now you don't.

Also, super super annoying not being able to see what the other player does. I'm playing a four person match right now and it's tough to get a feel for it.

We can tell we will love the game itself though.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Default rules in board game are you don't see score. But most play with open scoring since it would just be a memory test.

eznark

Banned
Thanks. None of us has any idea what we are doing. My wife just destroyed me in a war. My kingdom is crumbling.....game is awesome!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Thanks. None of us has any idea what we are doing. My wife just destroyed me in a war. My kingdom is crumbling.....game is awesome!

Hahah. Yeah it's actually one of Knizia's more complex games. A couple times through though and you should be set. It's also got some nice strategic depth. Very tense game. Usually stays off the table for me because it's a real tense brainburner that can cause serious analysis paralysis. Perfect for async play I'd think though.

eznark

Banned
Sure wish they could have added Traders and Builders first, but glad to get any update.

I'm assuming the difficult part of this was getting the in-store purchases stuff up and running smoothly. Once they have that infrastructure hopefully they will push expansions out more quickly.

Anyone know what other games these guys are working on?

Jonnyram

I wonder if they're gonna add a 6th player for Inns & Cathedrals :O
That might have been a bigger addition than the IAP stuff, at least interface-wise.

rc213

Sorry for not playing my turn. Upgraded to U-Verse but AT&T botched delivery of my gateway so I've been without internet for 4 days. Hopefully gets delivered tomorrow.

Agyar

Not sure if it's a symptom of having Carcassonne on both my iPhone and iPad, but I seem to be missing the final turns of games when it isn't my own. I recall those games still appearing in my list and being able view the final turn/s and end the game. These days, however, they seem to mysteriously drop of my list and I have no idea how they ended other than checking my ELO and guessing from the impact.

Bump.

.99 USD for The River
1.99 USD for Inns and Cathedrals

Main app not planned to go on sale to celebrate IAP

(all per @carcassonneapp twitter)

Bigfoot

Bump.

.99 USD for The River
1.99 USD for Inns and Cathedrals

Main app not planned to go on sale to celebrate IAP

(all per @carcassonneapp twitter)

I was going to buy them anyways but I like these prices. It's good that they are sticking to the price point of the main app too. I think if the price drops it should drop slightly and stay dropped, (for example, go to $7.99 as the new price point). No $0.99 sale as that would suck too much for those that bought it for $9.99.

Well they might not also want to admit to a sale because that may lose sales at 9.99 if someone sees they can just wait....dunno.

I'm in for both and look forward to starting about 30 games immediately. ;)

Jonnyram

Wow, they are great prices.
I really hope they port this to Vita too, somewhere down the line, though they could do with having an extra guy working on it :)

Some new achievements got added:

IMG_0018.PNG%20(2).PNG

The new ones are the bottom 7 btw

Jonnyram

The update is out :)

- kids mode without field scoring
- option to disable X on placement of tile
- option to disable remaining tile summary

These guys are amazing!

Top Bottom