• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carcassonne iPhone/iTouch

AirBrian

95-89 Grifter takes it -- gj!

More importantly, we actually finished the tournament!

We should do the next one in honor of the expansions, which hopefully they aren't BSing about.
Too close! Your taking that last field early helped me, I think.

First score was 140-99 (tourney site lists scores so I'm not rubbing it in, that got away from you early). ;)

Anyone else play from work? Coding and coming up for air with Carc moves against Astro sped my day up.

Congrats, Grifter!!! Our second official GAF Carc Tourney winner?

AirBrian

Couple of updates...
Code:
[B][U]GAF[/U]			[U]Game Center[/U]		[U]River[/U]		[U]Inns & Cathedrals[/U][/B]

Agyar			Agyar
AirBrian		AirBrian		Yes		Yes
AlucarD.eq		caceres.1985
Anastacio		[B]???[/B]			Yes		Yes
AstroLad		AstroLad		Yes		Yes
Bernbaum		Bernbaum
bigwinnerx		Bigwinnerx		Yes		Yes
blahness		blahness
ChackanKun		Chackan
CzarTim			CzarTim			Yes		Yes
D-Back			close
Dantehemi		dantehemi
Darb			RealDarb
Darkflight		Darkflight
DukeSuck		_LOLduke_		Yes		Yes
EktorPR			EktorOni
elfinke			elfinke
eznark			Eznark			Yes		Yes
Flunkie			Flunkie44
Flynn			Triphibian
Gaspode_T		Gaspode-TWD
Gatekeeper		TopDeckHobbies
Got the Shakes		Got the Shakes
Grifter			risottoball		Yes		Yes
JeffGreen		Doofaeus
Joeyjoejoeshabadoo	Joeyjoejoejrshabadoo	Yes		Yes
jon bones		jon bones
Jswanko			Jswanko			Yes		Yes
Karud			Karud
kennah			kenchuk
Kosh			Kosh One		Yes		Yes
kryptikjoker		kryptikjoker
Kryptonic		Kryptonic83
Kryten			Studs Ramrod		Yes		Yes
mercviper		Mercviper
N Coward Parody		Noel Coward Parody
Nobiru			Ray.Spencer
Noreturn		Noreturn
okno			Eirikist
outunderstars		outunderstars
pilonv1			carlosthedwarf		Yes		Yes
Porthos			Porthos
Powersphere		Powersphere
punkypine		punkypine
rc213			rc213
randomwab		randomwab
Rekwest			Rekwest01
roodiculous		Roodiculous		Yes		Yes
roosters93		jmilo93			Yes		Yes
Slacker			Slacker			Yes		Yes
Soktos			Soktos			Yes		Yes
soldat7			soldat 7		Yes		Yes
Squirrel Killer		Squirrel_Killer		Yes		Yes
swoon			Swoon37
technosteve		ceramicsteve
teebs33			teebs33
tetrisgrammaton		CENTAURSAUR
Vinterbird		Vinterbird
WillieAames		SlothBear
Yaboosh			Yaboosh			Yes		Yes
Also, if anyone wants to change what name shows up in GameCenter (ex. change your real name to your GC/user/GAF/whatever name), follow these steps:

• Open Game Center
  • On the "Me" screen, click on your Account on the bottom of the page
  • View Account (enter password)
  • Scroll down to the "Game Center Identity" section (at the very bottom)
  • Tap "Edit Account Info" "Apple ID" -->
  • Here your First and Last Name appears, along with your Apple ID and PW. Simply change your First Name and Last Name to whatever you want. Note: This does NOT impact your Apple ID name at all. This is just for the Game Center name that appears on friends' lists.
  • Make sure to tap "Done" in the top-right (will have to do this twice), and you're finished!

Bigfoot

- option to disable X on placement of tile
- option to disable remaining tile summary

I remember we talked about these options in this thread a couple months back. I sent them an email so I guess they do listen (or they had already planned on adding it themselves). Can't wait to get some games going but I'll be playing blind at first due to the expansion changes that I need to learn (I'm sure that's true for most of us).

Slacker

I remember we talked about these options in this thread a couple months back. I sent them an email so I guess they do listen (or they had already planned on adding it themselves). Can't wait to get some games going but I'll be playing blind at first due to the expansion changes that I need to learn (I'm sure that's true for most of us).

They started with the two easiest expansions, so it'll be easy to pick up. Rules:

• The river tiles get placed first. You can put followers down like any other tile. There are placement rules with the river tiles (you can't make a U turn for example), but the game doesn't allow you to do it wrong so it's easy.
  • The large follower (represented in the game by two followers stacked together) is worth two followers when a featured is scored. So for example if you manage to get a large follower on a road and an opponent has one normal follower, you'll get the points.
  • Inns are the small houses next to lakes on road tiles. If you complete a road with an inn on it, you get double points for the feature (2 points per tile instead of one). If you fail to complete the road before the end of the game, you get no points.
  • Same for cathedrals. If you finish the city, you get double points for it, if you don't, zero points at the end of the game. Do not let your opponents get a large city with a cathedral. :)

Soktos

I have both expansions. Loving this game.

Gamecenter: Soktos

Hit me up with some invites and games! Also, feel free to add me to the list!

Gaspode_T

Carc won't start after updating sigh....ppl would have msft by the balls if games crashed this much on our platforms

Going to try to reboot, hopefully I already will have invites when I finally get it running

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Oh wow this update is slick. Can disable crosses and remaining tiles now? And play without fields for newbs? Carcassonne once again shows why it's the best iOS board game by far.

Bigfoot

Yes, but you have to act like you're buying it again. Once you put in your iTunes pw, it will allow you download for free.

Actually you don't have to do that (act liike you are buying them again). They included a "restore purchases" button, so once you buy them on one device, click that option on the other devices and it will unlock them for you that way.

Gaspode_T

Got the expansions up and running after deleting and re-installing carc, thanks for the tip

Please send games: gaspode-twd

It's been like 10 years since I've played the real board game but we played with river pieces all the time, I remember we mostly used Hunters and Gatherers though, they aren't planning to add that soon too?

Jonnyram

Invite me too :)

Also, my first thoughts about this expansion - there are a fuckload more strategic options now.
It's suddenly made the game 100 times more complicated.
I notice everyone is using both expansions together straight away, but it might be better to suss them out individually first.

AirBrian

They need a way to tell which one of your friends have which expansion.

You can once you invite them to a game. Doesn't really make sense that way though.

That said, I've updated the master list (at the top of the page) to include who has the expansions.

Slacker

It's been like 10 years since I've played the real board game but we played with river pieces all the time, I remember we mostly used Hunters and Gatherers though, they aren't planning to add that soon too?

Hunters & Gatherers is a separate game, not an add-on to Carcassonne, so I wouldn't expect it to be on the to do list too soon. I bet the next expansion we see is Traders & Builders.

Just finished my first game with the new tiles. Shocking to see those high scores!

Haven't yet figured out the best way to use the double follower. And some of the new tiles are wild (the 4 half-circles one in particular).

Also the amount of ways to screw people you're playing has gone up dramatically with the Inns and Cathedrals cards.

Having fun though. I have about 45 active games at the moment, probably 15 have the new tiles.

Top Bottom