• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carcassonne iPhone/iTouch

Bernbaum

So I was overseas for about a month and didn't have roaming on my phone and neglected several GAF games of Carc.

I apologise for my absence and for each of the games which died because of me.

You are a terrible person.

for always beating me ;)

@Jonny in ios5 beta it was initially broken and they released an update which fixed it so I presume non-beta ios5 will be fine but I can't guarantee it cause I'm still on the beta atm.

pilonv1

Upgraded to iOS 5 on my iPhone 4G, lost my gamecenter account (all friends gone), someone has my username (now I'm carlosthedwarf_) and lost all my Carc stuff :(

rc213

pilonv1 said:
Upgraded to iOS 5 on my iPhone 4G, lost my gamecenter account (all friends gone), someone has my username (now I'm carlosthedwarf_) and lost all my Carc stuff :(

You sure it wasn't just a bug? You gamecenter account was the same as your iTunes account so did you go on the apple site to retrieve it?

pilonv1

rc213 said:
You sure it wasn't just a bug? You gamecenter account was the same as your iTunes account so did you go on the apple site to retrieve it?

NFI, but it's all gone now, have to start fresh. AppleID and password are the same as before. Seems like someone has stolen my username and it's fucked up my account

Fucking Apple

pilonv1

Thanks but that's no help - the issues weren't with the AppleID but the nickname. Someone else has it and all my stuff was tied to that nickname. Now I'm using a "new" nickname I have to start fresh.

rc213

pilonv1 said:
Thanks but that's no help - the issues weren't with the AppleID but the nickname. Someone else has it and all my stuff was tied to that nickname. Now I'm using a "new" nickname I have to start fresh.

I believe your nickname is tied to the apple id you log in with. I think I remember this happening before, All they had to do was log in with their apple id and log out a few times and it would get the nickname back.

Here is what worked for me: make a new account while in sandbox mode. Once done, sign out of that account in game center. Close game center and kill it's background task. Now open a game that uses game center, which should prompt you to sign in. Do so, and you should now be back on your original account.

pilonv1

You are a genius. NFI how that helped but it worked, thanks so much.

I'm guessing there was some sort of timeout issue with the nickname, which is why using a different account for 5 mins or so helped.

rc213

pilonv1 said:
You are a genius. NFI how that helped but it worked, thanks so much.

I'm guessing there was some sort of timeout issue with the nickname, which is why using a different account for 5 mins or so helped.
Np its happened to a few users here before. Usually around the time a update comes out.

otmane

Didn't play Carc for the last months since my iPhone 4 got stolen... but I just got a 4S and want to get back into it.
Hit me with your invites / Games GAF :)
GC: Otmane

PatzCU

Hi CarcassonneGAF, I have a question. If I buy this once on my ipad, will that also allow me to install this on my iphone? If so, could I potentially play my turns from either device?

Thank you!

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
PatzCU said:
Hi CarcassonneGAF, I have a question. If I buy this once on my ipad, will that also allow me to install this on my iphone? If so, could I potentially play my turns from either device?

Thank you!
Yes.

randomwab

Just installed this after having bought it over a year ago. Played a game online and really enjoyed it, so I'm looking for more people to play with. My GC name is randomwab so if anyone is looking for another noob player, through me an invite please.

Grifter

Had a reunion with college buddies this weekend and everyone's now into Carc. Multiple boards owned and it's the killer app for the iPhone owners to the point where the Androiders are the have-nots with the rotating games we had on.

Jonnyram

Anyone else seeing "Game ended" notifications stick around in iOS5? So you can actually jump back to the post-game chat, even if you've left and gone to another game. Seems the notification doesn't disappear unless I delete it manually.

Spammed out some 3 player game invites. Sorry if I invited you and you accepted, but, I closed the game. It's because the other person didn't accept.

I've tried to remember those folks and invite them into another game together with someone who did accept.

But, still having fun. ELO has stabilized around 1300.

schnell

I'm ready to bite the bullet on this game because I love the physical version oh so much. What are the odds that it drops in price for a few days to celebrate the expansion releases? Probably pretty slim...

eznark

Banned
I think they dropped the price for a week when it went universal. And since I am assuming they are going to sell the expansion, I'm willing to bet there will be a permanent price drop.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I don't think it's ever actually gone on sale it used to be $5 before it went universal and then went up. But yes it would certainly make sense to do some sort of combo deal or something, though I wouldn't necessarily bet on it at even odds.

eznark

Banned
AstroLad said:
I don't think it's ever actually gone on sale it used to be $5 before it went universal and then went up. But yes it would certainly make sense to do some sort of combo deal or something, though I wouldn't necessarily bet on it at even odds.

Ah yeah, that's right. I knew they did something.

Grifter

Haven't played River II, is that a mini-expansion?

We love Traders & Builders but most of the people we've played with hate it after trying our expansions and buy Inns & Cathedrals.

schnell

Grifter said:

Yes. It replaces the starting piece with a river of tiles that everyone takes turns setting down before the main pieces come into play.

okno

Howdy! I'm finally taking the plunge in joining in on the GAF Carc fun! I've played the game for a few years now, but have never played multiplayer on my iPhone. I'm around right now if anyone wants to play a game!

GC = Eirikist

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Grifter said:

We love Traders & Builders but most of the people we've played with hate it after trying our expansions and buy Inns & Cathedrals.
That's a bummer T&B is awesome. Actually kind of surprised they didn't pair it up with I&C, but I&C makes sense as a first big expansion since it's the simplest and quite good.

Humm, is Carcassone constantly crashing for anyone else? I can't even play it, it crashes while booting up :|

Edit: Ah, it's a specific game ending!

Grifter

AstroLad said:
That's a bummer T&B is awesome. Actually kind of surprised they didn't pair it up with I&C, but I&C makes sense as a first big expansion since it's the simplest and quite good.
I say that meeples must already be too much resource management for them but taunting isn't working. =(

Top Bottom