• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carcassonne iPhone/iTouch

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I think rooster is in Europe and dropped out of the tournament. Not sure though. He had a post about it on the last page.

AirBrian

He mentioned that but still posted after that. I'll give him until tomorrow night to respond and then we'll sub in for him.

pilnov or Flunkie around to sub?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
AirBrian said:
He mentioned that but still posted after that. I'll give him until tomorrow night to respond and then we'll sub in for him.

Probably make more sense to just forfeit the match and send soldat on.

Bigfoot

AstroLad said:
hahah you can't worry about elo. sometimes you will soar on huge winstreaks and then 2 4-5p-game losses will bring it all crashing down. it's all good....

(i do generally not create 5p games though just because they are like 90% luck, which is a bit much even for me :p)

Yeah, it is best not to worry about ELO too much, especially once it gets up there. I reached my max awhile back and quickly dropped about 150 pts in a week since a high ELO means you lose so much more with a loss.

Speaking of luck, I find even some 2 player games can have a crazy amount of luck. I was playing a game recently that went like this:

Opponent: Gets narrow city piece with emblem and adds to start piece
Me: Straight road piece
Opponent: Two city caps on opposite ends to finish city and start a new one
Me: Curved road piece
Opponent: Two city caps at 90° to finish city and start a new one
Me: Another straight road piece!
Opponent: A single city cap
Me: Yet one more road piece...

So basically after 4 turns each, the score is 16-0 and there was nothing I could do about it, we both have a farmer placed since he put one down on his last city cap piece that will be easy to join, and all I have is a 5 point road with neither end finished (I think he tried to join on it to a couple of moves later too)!

Good thing this kind of thing doesn't happen too often and the nice thing is with iOS you have enough games going to balance it all out.

Agyar

AstroLad said:
hahah you can't worry about elo. sometimes you will soar on huge winstreaks and then 2 4-5p-game losses will bring it all crashing down. it's all good....

(i do generally not create 5p games though just because they are like 90% luck, which is a bit much even for me :p)

I wouldn't worry about it, except that they went and put it there and now I have to watch it rising and falling and triggering a response in my brain that craves more.

pilonv1

AirBrian said:

gah missed this post yesterday :(

need to read this thread more often

Just had my first ragequit on quickplay. :(

Hit me up. New Game Center account is 'beer m0nkey'. That's with a zero, not an 'oh'. I'll play anybody.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I beat soldat7 99-87. I was looking strong and then soldat7 got a 28 (or so) city and made it really close. Good game soldat7!

Gaspode_T

Sorry for spamming a bunch of invites, I had some nothing left but some extremely slow moving games...seriously I see certain people posting almost every day in Gaming Discussion about iOS games but they are not making their Carc moves LOL

I think one of the games is 6 weeks going, another one of my games has the final piece left for the opponent to make and been like that for 2 weeks. They need to add a way to nudge a push notification :)

Feel free to send more invites to me for anyone who wants to party, I usually only make moves at morning and night because the iPad stays at home when I go to work.

soldat7

Yaboosh said:
I beat soldat7 99-87. I was looking strong and then soldat7 got a 28 (or so) city and made it really close. Good game soldat7!

Yeah good game! Would have been a blow out otherwise lol.

Gaspode_T said:
Feel free to send more invites to me for anyone who wants to party, I usually only make moves at morning and night because the iPad stays at home when I go to work.

Feel free to invite me. My iPad stays home as well, but I have my iPod Touch for toilet time at work. :)

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Czartim destroyed me a lot to a little in a quick game that got off to an awful start for me, with awful decisions early on. One of my worst played games.

Finished the tourney yet? :)

p.s what's the command for fixing a game that is stuck?

p.p.s figured it out but it didn't help.
I have a game where the opponenet dropped out yet the game won't go away. Halp?

p.p.p.s figured it out :)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Flynn said:
The Coding Monkeys almost finished them but jerk blocked them and now there's an X where the last piece was supposed to go.
hah. sometimes i wonder if coding monkeys is really just one high school student who does carcassonne updates during summer break

mercviper

My iPhone was stolen this weekend and I replaced it with an Android so if I'm in your game I wouldn't be expecting any more plays from me. :/

Edit: Same goes for that Ascension game I was in that was moving painfully slow.

Gaspode_T

Jonnyram said:
Just two points away from the 1550 ELO achievement :eek:
I sense a catastrophic drop soon.

Edit: made it!

Congrats, you need to thank me for like 150 of those points LOL

I felt like I was starting to get Carc burnout (along with my ELO downward spiral) but I will bounce back soon!

Jonnyram

Gaspode_T said:
I felt like I was starting to get Carc burnout (along with my ELO downward spiral) but I will bounce back soon!
It happens... guess you need to stick with it to see improvement though.

Top Bottom