• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cartoon Network announces Justice League Action - new animated series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Susan retweeting everyone saying she should get the part is making me believe she doesn't have the part, and that makes me think she won't. :(

SpaceWolf

Banned
Susan retweeting everyone saying she should get the part is making me believe she doesn't have the part, and that makes me think she won't. :(

Mark Hamill did exactly the same thing with retweeting fans who were crying out for him to play the Joker role in The Killing Joke just after it got announced, even though it was later revealed he had already long finished recording for the role.

There is still hope!

Ponn

Banned
I've learned not to judge these shows by first glance. While people still hate Teen Titans Go! it is a really funny show with an odd amount of adult humor for a kids show. It's basically concentrated versions of the funny episodes of Teen Titans. I miss YJ and that could have been a great show on its own too, I just don't get the rhyme or reason for these shows getting cancelled. Marvels Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy have that action and art style people want but the shows are just awful. Give me Mighty Avengers back please. Ultimate Spider-man is just trying way too hard to cram everything and the kitchen sink in it to pander to various MCU, comic and tv show storylines and is just a hot mess. So i'll give this show a chance, the voice cast is absolutely amazing, but I reserve judgement. It won't be a JLU/JL and people need to do themselves a favor and put that comparison away. Those shows covered so much ground I really wouldn't want them to try and copy it at this point because of the retreading. I'd rather them just start where they left off if that was the case.

ExVicis

How did I not know about this? I'm in to check it out. Tell me Bruce Timm is involved for the whole thing and I'll be hyped.

Penguin

Some early (?) pitch art

QxXDTwY.png

And I guess Dini told folks he will be writing several eps

http://www.dcplanet.fr/177158-pce-2...e-plusieurs-episodes-de-justice-league-action

Harmen

I really do not like the artstyle a lot of modern animated series have. Not a jab at this one in particular, but I just don't like how this looks. Voice cast is ace though.

doop_

Banned
The Art looks great, I hope it shines light on lesser known heroes like how Batman the brave and the bold did.

Ogodei

Adventure Time and Regular Show do fine with creating "actiony" 11-minute episodes. AT and Steven Universe do good creating running arcs with the 11-minute format too, but i'm pretty sure they said they didn't want to do arcs with this, it's just going to be superhero action, so the best comparisons are the AT one-off episodes or Regular Show which is mostly self-contained, and yet have time for characterization and such.

Burai

shitonmychest57
My 3 year old is gonna love this. Short episodes go a long way with a toddler's attention span.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
going to take a shot at this

blue beetle, riddler, dr. fate, shazam, dr. light, mr. terrific?, joker,
swamp thing, fire storm, batman, superman, ww, j'onn,
barda, ??, harley, hawkman, lobo, blaze, ?

the caped dude looks like it could be zatarra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom