• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania Dominus Collection [Out Now]

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

"Dracula is back! Rediscover Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia, bundled together in Castlevania Dominus Collection. Available today! These 3 classic metroidvania games originally released on Nintendo DS are now returning on Nintendo Switch. But that's not all! Haunted Castle, the very first Castlevania game on the Arcade, returns too in a completely reimagined version.Now with extra features such as save states or rewind, there has never been a better time to face Dracula and the forces of Evil!"

Also:

And on PSN/Xbox, too.

Last edited:

kunonabi

These were all DS aside from haunted castle. All three of the DS games are considered to be rather excellent. Haunted Castle is awful but hopefully the remixed version is good.

The_hunter

I never played symphony of the night. What’s the best route of playing that?
There isn't really a perfect version of this. The original has bad voice acting, but people will say it's the better version.

During the PSP they added new voice acting, you can play it as an unlockable extra from the Dracula X game. This version has colored borders unfortunately.

The ps4 has a remaster from japan studios with the new voice acting, but has some audio glitches.

Why is this only on Switch!?! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I've been wanting to revisit OOE for years. Too damn old to be playing on the DS, hands can't handle it anymore.

The_hunter

Errr. I don't think Shanoa is a witch, she works for a church, aka the order of eclesia. Ghylphs become common for the church is their pursuit to eradicate lord Dracula.
Oops, yeah I forgot. It's been so long since I've played it.

I hope there are many graphics and audio emulation options. I do want to try the games in the collection, but weak options will likely leave me replaying Harmony of Despair.

Last edited:

lachesis

Gold Member
Insta money for Konami - but gladly buying it again. Steam Deck or Switch, that's the question... (I bought the GBA collection on Switch, so I may end up going for Switch..)

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Insta money for Konami - but gladly buying it again. Steam Deck or Switch, that's the question... (I bought the GBA collection on Switch, so I may end up going for Switch..)
Switch is more portable.

The games are portable so playing them on pc is not that much better.

Switch has oled (later steam deck too)

menmustmow

Banned
Symphony of the Night has never been on a nintendo console. its like there's an embargo against it. probably dating all the way back to the Sony / Nintendo split and the creation of psx.

lachesis

Gold Member
Switch is more portable.

The games are portable so playing them on pc is not that much better.

Switch has oled (later steam deck too)

I know. Thing is I only have a regular Switch (Animal Crossing) - and don't really play Switch on the go very often. I find it quite uncomfortable to hold for some reason - so 90% of the time, I play it on my OLED TV.

Steam deck isn't that comfortable to hold either - and substantially heavier - but at least it doesn't give me the hand cramps, and doesn't feel like it's going to break if I hold too hard like Switch Joycons. :(

Maybe I will invest in some good grip for Switch... I hope Nintendo will cross honor the Switch digital purchases to Switch 2, whenever it comes out... :)

Top Bottom