• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania Dominus Collection [Out Now]

Astral Dog

Never played any of these.....interesting. How were they, and what platform were they originally released on?
These are some of the best DS games ever made

And some of the best Castlevania games as well, though i think gamers back then were bored because they were yearly releases,and reused some sprites , they didn't appreciate these gems unfortunately

Dawn of Sorrow and Order of Ecclesia are amazing, Portrait of Ruin is more flawed, but still has rock solid gameplay ,bosses and cool music

BlackTron

Way to be a dick. I already told you in my first initial post I didn't see an option. I was hoping someone could varify there was a way🖕

You reacted to my post saying to have a look at 1:48 first so it appeared like you were just letting us know all the options in the vid are 100% available lol.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
These are some of the best DS games ever made

And some of the best Castlevania games as well, though i think gamers back then were bored because they were yearly releases,and reused some sprites , they didn't appreciate these gems unfortunately

Dawn of Sorrow and Order of Ecclesia are amazing, Portrait of Ruin is more flawed, but still has rock solid gameplay ,bosses and cool music

Is there any order i should play these in, or are they standalone?

MrMephistoX

Sold! I tried this on Steam Deck via emus previously and it was serviceable but clunky with the Dual Screen on the same large screen.

Last edited:

ssringo

Dawn of Sorrow is a sequel to Aria of Sorrow which is in the GBA collection but otherwise they're standalone. Even then it doesn't really matter. Order of release would be Dawn, Portrait then Ecclesia.

Man, more shadow drops like this please. The GBA collection was $20 at launch, I’m kinda shocked they priced this at $25. Don’t tell them I probably would’ve paid double that with a smile on my face.

Reactions: Isa

ssringo

The GBA collection was $20 at launch, I’m kinda shocked they priced this at $25. Don’t tell them I probably would’ve paid double that with a smile on my face.
Yeah, the price was a legit shocker. Like, people were very interested in getting these games and they obviously had to do work to get them running properly without the (3)DS dual screen and touch control setup. I was expecting a $40 price tag with a launch discount down to $30 or $35.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Man, more shadow drops like this please. The GBA collection was $20 at launch, I’m kinda shocked they priced this at $25. Don’t tell them I probably would’ve paid double that with a smile on my face.

I guess they know that the price is a huge factor plus the initial sales are good PR for long term legs.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Yeah, the price was a legit shocker. Like, people were very interested in getting these games and they obviously had to do work to get them running properly without the (3)DS dual screen and touch control setup. I was expecting a $40 price tag with a launch discount down to $30 or $35.
It's why I buy all these day 1. It's just a great product, great deal. Totally support that.

Alebrije

Are those games "difficult". Like the NES ones?

Do not know what but find 2D castelvanias the most difficult ones...

near

Gold Member
I only managed to beat Portrait of Ruin, so I'll have to get this collection at some point. Anyone bought this yet for the Steam Deck? Any compatibility issues?

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
You reacted to my post saying to have a look at 1:48 first so it appeared like you were just letting us know all the options in the vid are 100% available lol.
vgd7lFo.jpeg

Here's the options screen. You tell me 🤷‍♂️

As I said, it doesn't seem to be a full screen without having to have the others in view.

ssringo

Few settings screens for people to see what's available. There's more like a gallery, bestiary and such but I figure these are the most important ones.

Screen layout options

Dualsense controller support and rebindable keys! Drop down menu appears for each button.

Different game versions are available and X/O option for accept/back!

Last edited:

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
Now release Symphony and Rondo on all platforms, Konami, you dicks. Original English PS dub will do fine. I want my memes.
And for Belmont’s sake throw in Adventure Rebirth as well.

Have at me!

I find it quite uncomfortable to hold for some reason
Try buying some new larger joycons if you want to try them. I got large hands but I find the joycons good enough but if you are used at playing with PS or Xbox some Hori Split Pad replacement might work.

Last edited:

Astral Dog

i recommend playing Aria of Sorrow first, wich is the prequel of Dawn of Sorrow, with the same cast amazing game as well and its included on the Advance Collection.

Portrait of Ruin is the 'sequel' to Castlevania bloodlines but with different characters

And Order of Ecclesia is pretty much standalone

TheUsual

Gold Member
I'll note my Dual Sense works natively on the Steam version. Did not want to use my Xbox controller and listen to that click click click of the D-pad while playing.

Last edited:
I never played symphony of the night. What’s the best route of playing that?
PS4 port is very good and also gives you Rondo of Blood. Maybe some physical copies are still floating around? LRG produced them, but they were also sold in stores. There's some complaints with the PS4 version, but it's just weird nerd nitpicking that no newcomer would notice. The biggest difference to the PS1 version is new voice acting - which is still pretty subpar, but not funny bad anymore.

Last edited:

darrylgorn

The only Castlevania games (other than CIII) that I care about. Can't wait to play these on steam deck!

Last edited:
Top Bottom