• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow |OT| The MercurySteam has Vanquished the Horrible Night

Vy7uZ.jpg

• A brand new Castlevania game with state of the art graphics and high production standards to deliver an awesome game experience for
    PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

• High caliber voice acting from the game's stunning cast, with Gabriel voiced by Robert Carlyle (28 Weeks Later, Trainspotting,
    The Full Monty and Stargate Universe
    ), and Patrick Stewart (X-Men, Star Trek: Next Generation) as the mysterious Zobek.
    Natasha McElhone (The Other Boleyn Girl, Californication, The Truman Show) and Jason Isaacs (Black Hawk Down,
    The Patriot, Harry Potter
    series) round off the talent.

• Developed by Spanish studio Mercury Steam and supervised by world renowned Kojima Productions.

• Intense combat action game with powerful magic system that takes the series back to its roots but with all new
    gameplay features
    that utilize the full power of the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

• Immerse into a brand-new storyline that new comers to the Castlevania franchise will relish, while existing fans will appreciate
    on a deeper level with the introduction of characters and tangential side stories that pay homage to what has come before.

• Overcome obstacles using the Combat Cross multi-function weapon and hone your platforming skills in this sprawling adventure.
    Swing across chasms, climb sheer walls, rappel down cliffs, grip and pull away any and all things that lay in your path!

• Solve devious puzzles along your journey that unlock new items in which to improve your chances of success.
    Leave no stone unturned as you never know what you might find.

• Take on behemoth enemies that scale to the size of complete world environments and where special attacks and cunning speed
    are required for advancement.

• Use secondary weapons like daggers and holy water and combine them with light and dark magic for a wealth of powerful attacks
    to unleash upon your foes. Manage your spells as power comes at a price!

• Explore gothic ruins, dark castles, old forests and frozen wastelands. Discover a whole world to investigate with many routes and
    hidden secret places that contain items to aid Gabriel on his quest.

• Spanish film composer Oscar Araujo has written an epic, thematic and beautiful score
  • The orchestra was made up of 120 performers and an 80-person choir
  • A few older themes were re-arranged for this score

cYa6t.jpg
RQBpZ.png
MRIB2.png
HSWbS.jpg
nGiSz.jpg
ysKrI.jpg
2p2gc.jpg
1E8iw.jpg
sssI5.png
WAnT2.png
APqD6.jpg

K2mAj.jpg
8Re83.jpg
h3yj4.jpg
LCZOQ.jpg
jhEL6.jpg
YC6s3.jpg
pj8nh.jpg
1lGTN.jpg
WpKJh.png
pdxk2.jpg
6wuyn.jpg

7ucVk.jpg
s3x5P.jpg
4LBVX.jpg
yvNna.jpg
MRrbO.jpg
SvYjO.jpg
KkC2n.jpg
DtLiO.jpg
0X810.jpg
VvCNI.jpg
KojqD.jpg

MISC.

• Demo live on European and US PSN
  • Demo live on NA and UK Xbox Marketplace

Dennis

Banned
It lives! Hope this is a great success and a reboot for Castlevania.

The art is great and the reviews so far have been good, so I hope it delivers for me.

andymcc

Banned
still skeptical as shit, positive reviews can't quell the concerns of an oldschool actionvania fan....
already pre-ordered, day one

Majmun

A good 3D Casltevania game? Hell must've frozen over.
I've been waiting for a decent 3D Castlevania game for an eternity. It has finally arrived.(?)

FrankT

the chris said:
Already pre-ordered, the extra $20 games credit from Amazon only sweetens the deal.

Same boat as that $20 will be used pretty quickly in October. It's a win-win.

Oh yea btw what was the longest cut-scene length? Saw this mentioned somewhere, but it's been awhile.

burgerdog

Jtyettis said:
Same boat as that $20 will be used pretty quickly in October. It's a win-win.

Oh yea btw what was the longest cut-scene length? Saw this mentioned somewhere, but it's been awhile.

I think it is the ending, and 14 minutes long.

The thread used to be a lot bigger and a lot more ambitious about a week ago, but it was at the point where to keep the visual design consistent, image sizes were going to be very large and there would have been too many unnecessary components. There are a few things I would have liked to do with it but in the end I felt this had enough content and was a sufficient length.

Foffy

Banned
Hehe, and so begins the hype train.

I think these are the known scores thus far for the game, too:

PSM3: 94%
Edge: 8/10
GamesTM: 8/10
OPM UK: 9/10
OXM UK: 9/10
GamesMaster: 94%
Xbox World 360: 90%+
Games Aktuell: 83%

I can't think of any previous 3D Castlevania game getting many scores that high. I think this'll be the first time one of the 3D iterations of the series can compete with some of the best titles the franchise has ever offered.

All I need now is the game, and hopefully some hype/release dates for the two DLC packs coming out, post-launch. I don't want it to be another Harmony of Despair affair...I'm still waiting for Konami to release the unlock keys for their first "DLC" release. :lol

Ferrio

Banned
Wait I'm confused... that Castlevania game shown at TGS is coming out in two weeks? Was I just in the dark about this game?

Vrakanox

Awesome OT man best one i've seen since the Kingdom Hearts one lol! Can't wait for this game. Nice Avatars too btw but I'm already sportin the Alucard ;)

GeoramA

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Someone else already said it but I don't care:

It's the Arkham Asylum of 2010.
A good Batman title and a good 3D Castlevania in back-to-back years.

Great developers really make all the difference.

Foffy

Banned
Grecco said:
anyone know if the demo will be available outside of UK PSN plus people?

Either way i want this game.

It'll be out tomorrow, alongside the launch trailer and the embargo for review sites. I think.

Day one, awesome OP.

I'll be skipping the demo and jumping blind on this, it's been a while. The $20 promo on Amazon is just the icing on the cake, I'll probably use that towards Vanquish. :D

OP, will you include reviews in the first post? I think this game deserves it, it's getting great scores if I'm not mistaken.

Top Bottom