• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Catherine |OT| Sheep, Matrimony, Terror - Love Is Gone

Zafir

Planetaxel hasn't shipped my copy yet. Not that it matters. I'm going to have to avoid this thread like the plague until next week at the earliest anyway.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Just wanted to thank Nich and co. for their work on this; stellar translation, localisation and voice direction jobs by Atlus USA or 8-4 have made some of my most enjoyed titles this generation even better.

NichM

Banned
D2M15 said:
Just wanted to thank Nich and co. for their work on this; stellar translation, localisation and voice direction jobs by Atlus USA or 8-4 have made some of my most enjoyed titles this generation even better.

I didn't actually work on this one, but I passed along your praise to those who did!

Vally

Syn23 said:
Unfortunately I've read his post too, and I'm hoping he was joking.
For sure I'm not reading the spoilers to check it.

I read the spoiler and yeah, it's most likely a joke, don't worry.

Volcynika

I've been trying to convince my girlfriend to play this with me for amusement, but she's unsure. She said she'd at least wear the shirt. lol

Yuripaw

Banned
RomanticHeroX said:
Anyone know if it'll be in Gamestop tomorrow or Wednesday?
I work at gamestop, and it's been sitting in the back room all weekend. Street dated for tuesday, so gotta wait >_<

The EBgames I preordered from had their shipment delayed, now I'm pissed. They said they'd be lucky to have them by the end of the week, if not later.

Vol5

Just ordered from VGPlus. Worked out at £46 inc. delivery to the UK. No point in waiting for the EU release. There's too many other games coming out later in the year.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
atomsk said:
10-15 depending on how much you die

I've completed it in 18 and I didn't even try to get Gold on all the stages or clear Rapunzel. Talked with everyone when I had a chance though.

Not sure if this is representative of the quality of amazon.ca or just the fact that I live in Canada. But right now it's telling me that the game won't ship until the end of the week.

filipe

ReverseFate said:
The EBgames I preordered from had their shipment delayed, now I'm pissed. They said they'd be lucky to have them by the end of the week, if not later.

As great as the game looks, I think you'll find it at other EBs/Gamestops/BestBuys/Futureshops easily. Go, find it, buy it, cancel preorder.

C-Jo

Lostconfused said:
Not sure if this is representative of the quality of amazon.ca or just the fact that I live in Canada. But right now it's telling me that the game won't ship until the end of the week.
That's how Amazon.ca rolls.

Ken

Picking up my copy in a few hours, but I also just got Yakuza 4 from Amazon yesterday. The backlog grows.

Keiician said:
I've completed it in 18 and I didn't even try to get Gold on all the stages or clear Rapunzel. Talked with everyone when I had a chance though.

Babel + Rapunzel add a lot of hours to Catherine. Getting to any of the endings without doing either should take a typical player ~10 hours, depending on how often you Game Over during the nightmare stages.

C-Jo

Lostconfused said:
Well, damn.
It may ship tomorrow or Wednesday, but depending on where you live, I wouldn't expect it to arrive this week. But the closer you are to Ontario, the better.

Edit: It says estimated ship date of August 5th-10th for me, so who fucking knows.

Grisby

Been a while since I played any game with anime cutscenes in it. Gonna be a nice change of pace. I'm still surprised they got the Gamebryo engine to produce that soft cel look.

C-Jo

Grisby said:
Been a while since I played any game with anime cutscenes in it. Gonna be a nice change of pace. I'm still surprised they got the Gamebryo engine to produce that soft cel look.
It's funny how everyone blamed Gamebryo for Fallout and Oblivion being buggy messes. Turns out, it was just Bethesda!

amazon sent me a tracking number an hour ago. it's for BlazingDarkness <3

Will pick up the game in stores tomorrow maybe. depending on my mood.

After my first play through I said that I would wait for a price drop, but after I saw video that showed how exactly I completed the 2nd level I went back to the demo an played multiple times and came to enjoy the puzzle mechanics.

Since then I caved and ordered the standard and Love is Over edition on PS3. Amazon shipped both overnight in one shipment via FedEx. It's been a long time since I've had release-day delivery via FedEx. OnTrac has been handling that stuff in the Bay Area, and they've done a wonderful job of it.

Doomrider

Someone please tell me why I still bother with Axel.
(No customs BS when dealing with them, that's why)

Pre-ordered Demon's Souls DE two days before it came out: my order was cancelled.
Ordered Devil Survivor for a friend of mine a few months ago: was on backorder for a whole month. Had to cancel it.
Pre-ordered Catherine DE back in May, game comes out tomorrow: no sign of it shipping anytime soon.

Urgh. So frustrating.

ampere

OK I finally did it, preordered on Amazon.

I haven't bought a full priced $60 game in so long, but damn, they deserve it.

Also, artbook and soundtrack =D I was listening to some of the soundtrack on youtube, soo good. I adore the Persona music as well.

Ken

Got my copy. Slightly disappointed that the artbook isn't hard bound, but I guess keeping it softbound lets them package it the same way they packaged Divinity 2 with its artbook.
bb5678d1.jpg

Adr1an

Lostconfused said:

I also ordered off Amazon.ca and it says the exact same thing, i have a delivery estimate of August 3-4. Personally i dont mind since i have to work the majority of this week, but i still would've love to have it by the end of this week.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Agent Icebeezy said:
Getting it due to midnight launch tonight

A store had enough preorders to do a midnight? The one I go to had no preorders at all ;x so no midnight launch. I ordered mine from Amazon.

Archurro

I should really finish Persona 4 before playing this. But getting it tomorrow at Best Buy nonetheless(50%TiC deal towards it)

For some reason, I keep playing the demo of this over and over again. The game imo is very unique. I love the presentation and the graphics. I have a huge backlog now, but I do plan on definitely checking it out soon.

10AM tomorrow.

I haven't been this excited for a game since StarCraft 2. I can't fucking wait. This is going to be soooo good. Went and paid it off (Love is Over edition) today, and took work off for tomorrow.

tiff

Banned
Man, great timing on the release. I'll have company over for the rest of the week and I won't be able to play it until the weekend :/

Solune

C-Jo said:
It may ship tomorrow or Wednesday, but depending on where you live, I wouldn't expect it to arrive this week. But the closer you are to Ontario, the better.

Edit: It says estimated ship date of August 5th-10th for me, so who fucking knows.
Free super saver shipping? I have the same ETA too. Sometimes Canada Post is pretty fast could be by Friday even if it ships out tomorrow. I anticipate next week though.

I'm soooo on the fence with this game. I like it, and I am intrigued, but I don't know if I am $60-intrigued. The puzzle in the demo didn't seem too bad, but I can see how that would get annoying and repetitve over time. Everything else was lovely. DECISIONS. Argh.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
My copy should be coming from Amazon with my new arcade stick (for fighting games and shmups, not for Catherine :p)

Actually...I wonder how it would play with the arcade stick...

Top Bottom