• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Catherine |OT| Sheep, Matrimony, Terror - Love Is Gone

sonicmj1

Honestly, the real reason to choose the PS3 version over the 360 version is the superior D-Pad, which is a godsend in a game where the puzzle sections are based on purely digital up-down-left-right movement. Analog sticks can cause problems there, and the 360 D-Pad just isn't as precise.

Xamdou

sonicmj1 said:
Honestly, the real reason to choose the PS3 version over the 360 version is the superior D-Pad, which is a godsend in a game where the puzzle sections are based on purely digital up-down-left-right movement. Analog sticks can cause problems there, and the 360 D-Pad just isn't as precise.

You convinced me to buy the Ps3 version! Delivery estimate is August 1-5 !_!

Xamdou

Also why are there alternate box art versions? Why can't they just make the box art reversible so we can get both.

I wish I could play this game today, but my girlfriend is buying it and I have to wait for her to finish it. Oh well, I will experience the awesomeness of this game eventually.

Thoraxes

JTYiy.jpg

Ugh. I don't think it will come later today. I guess i'll go pick up a copy from Target and return the copy I get from Amazon whenever it comes in. Also i'm gonna ask for a refund of my shipping costs if it's not here later, because of what was still paid for it.
For those who eventually get this e-mail, are you located in the Midwest?

Doomrider said:
Someone please tell me why I still bother with Axel.
(No customs BS when dealing with them, that's why)

Pre-ordered Demon's Souls DE two days before it came out: my order was cancelled.
Ordered Devil Survivor for a friend of mine a few months ago: was on backorder for a whole month. Had to cancel it.
Pre-ordered Catherine DE back in May, game comes out tomorrow: no sign of it shipping anytime soon.

Urgh. So frustrating.
Yeah mine still hasn't changed in status either, to be honest I'm not that bothered though as with the European release impending I'll just keep my Love is Over edition sealed as a collectors item.

Ken

Xamdou said:
Also why are there alternate box art versions? Why can't they just make the box art reversible so we can get both.

It's for customers who aren't comfortable with the regular cover art.

I'd imagine they don't provide both because you're either comfortable with it or not + costs of printing.

anddo0

Disappointed in Amazon/UPS order as well: "Status: Shipment Delayed"-- "Possible delay in delivery due to arrival at incorrect carrier facility"

I know it falls more on UPS. But, sucks either way. I usually don't purchase games day one from Amazon. Not a good first impression, reminds of why I stopped purchasing non discounted games online.

Volcynika

Sadness.

We're sorry for the delay in shipping the order you placed on May 02 2011 (Order# ----). We have good news -- the order is now being shipped! You should receive a shipping notification shortly, within the next business day, for the following item(s):

"Catherine "Love Is Over" Deluxe Edition, PlayStation 3"

In the southeast here. One of the first orders on it. Whyyyyyt Amazon?

Was in Tulsa last night and now it is in Minneapolis for delivery!!!!! I'll be playing today if the UPS guy isn't lazy and decides not to ring me.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
I ordered mine back in March as well but I used two-day shipping, so it should be here tomorrow. lol

what is all this delay talk. is it just the love is over edition? preordered regular version july 19th lol.

mine will be here on in of day delivery by ups so after work it should be there.

Volcynika

DMPrince said:
what is all this delay talk. is it just the love is over edition? preordered regular version july 19th lol.

mine will be here of of day delivery by ups so after work it should be there.

Someone posted they got hit by a delay on shipping from Amazon with the regular edition.

Volcynika said:
Sadness.

In the southeast here. One of the first orders on it. Whyyyyyt Amazon?
Yup im in the southeast as well....

Got the same email. F u amazon

I love how they blame it on the publisher but yet the publisher was able to get everyone else there's. Brb sending them email telling how they shouldn't treat a customer of my status. I spend far too much money on amazon for them to group me in a delay batch

Yeah, odd to see people having issues with Amazon. I probably have around or even over 100 orders from Amazon, and I had one issue in all of them, and it wasnt even them, it was UPS (saying that NCAA 12 was delivered on my porch, and it wasnt.)

I <3 Amazon.

TheApatheticOne said:
Yeah, odd to see people having issues with Amazon. I probably have around or even over 100 orders from Amazon, and I had one issue in all of them, and it wasnt even them, it was UPS (saying that NCAA 12 was delivered on my porch, and it wasnt.)

I <3 Amazon.
I've never had a problem with them either... but fing with my gaming life is where I draw the line.

Zafir

StevePharma said:
Indeed! I need this into my PAL-life ! This will determine if I will get El Shaddai from them as well.
I think I'm just going to wait for the european release of that, it only comes out about 3weeks later. Not really worth the effort of importing.

I refuse to order from Amazon for big releases or releases Im super excited for because of the off chance for something to go wrong. If I end up having a shitty day at work only to come home to a UPS post it note on my door on the day that, let's say, Skyrim releases, something would burn.

Moofers

I keep coming in here hoping somebody posted impressions and all I get is people complaining about delayed shipments. :/

Volcynika

Moofers said:
I keep coming in here hoping somebody posted impressions and all I get is people complaining about delayed shipments. :/

There's a Japanese version OT out there with lots of impressions.

LiK

Moofers said:
I doubt anyone who bought the game today would even had a chance to play enough of it to form an impression that's more informative than the demo.

Moofers

LiK said:
I doubt anyone who bought the game today would even had a chance to play enough of it to form an impression that's more informative than the demo.
Yeah but I know there were some midnight launches. I was thinking maybe somebody would be in here "Hey I got it at midnight launch and stayed up until 5:30 playing it. Its really good! The story is...blah blah blah"

I'll have my copy in less than 2 hours, so I can simmer down about it, I was just hoping for some player impressions. And yeah, I know about the JP thread, but I don't go in there due to spoilers.

BriareosGAF said:
So what was the earlier chatter about audio problems in one of the SKUs? Need to decide which to buy, thanks.
Volume levels on the animated cutscenes are fine, but the volume on in-game cutscenes is very low. This is consistent across both versions. If you have to decide on the best experience, go for the PlayStation 3 version. It's better than the Xbox 360 version on every level.

Top Bottom