• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Catherine |OT| Sheep, Matrimony, Terror - Love Is Gone

So pumped for this game... the learning curve isnt too steep. Levels 1 and 2 had me stumped in the demo for like 15 minutes for the first and an hour for the second(on easy). Then I actually started thinking(lol) and the demo is a breeze. Just make stairs and forget about pushing the blocks so they give way and fall(bad strat). Hope the story pays off(as that's what i'm interested in mostly about this game) and that there's an ending where you get both chicks!!! LOL...probably doesn't exist but I can dream.

Dartastic

Got to play a fair amount of late gameplay today. It's really, really good. Wasn't even interested in this until today, but damn. This game is good.

a1m

Banned
Just checked my Love Is Over -preorder for the PS3 and it's in preship status, yay. It's going to be shipped tomorrow.

Can't wait.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
a1m said:
Just checked my Love Is Over -preorder for the PS3 and it's in preship status, yay. It's going to be shipped tomorrow.

Can't wait.

Checked mine of amazon, still not yet shipped :(

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
JetBlackPanda said:
I used to be like you, you need to start to platinum some games on PS3 so you have reason to play on both systems.

I have 4 platinums and still just really dislike the trophy setup. Different strokes and all that.

Drewfonse

Does anyone know if the Very Easy mode that wasn't in the NA demo but was patched into the JPN version will be a separate, selectable difficulty in the retail NA version? My concern is that if it isn't, and they've just made Easy easier, I may be stuck in no man's land, difficulty wise. Easy in the demo was perfect for me, I don't want it easier, but I don't want to have to play on Normal in order to avoid Very Easy mode.

CAW

How is the D-pad on those new 360 controllers? Would it be worth it to get one for this game?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
CAW said:
How is the D-pad on those new 360 controllers? Would it be worth it to get one for this game?
I've heard they're crap and they break really easily.

Drewfonse said:
Does anyone know if the Very Easy mode that wasn't in the NA demo but was patched into the JPN version will be a separate, selectable difficulty in the retail NA version? My concern is that if it isn't, and they've just made Easy easier, I may be stuck in no man's land, difficulty wise. Easy in the demo was perfect for me, I don't want it easier, but I don't want to have to play on Normal in order to avoid Very Easy mode.
I think Very Easy is a separate mode.

iconoclast said:
Same. Badly compressed FMV does annoy the hell out of me, though. If I were to get it on PS3, I definitely would not have the motivation to complete it 100% because I don't really care about trophies. I'll 1000 it on the 360 though.
I actually buy games on PS3 because I don't care about trophies. That way, my OCD doesn't get the better of me and ruin the game for me. I can just leisurely enjoy the game at my pace, and at the level I want to.

Amazon.ca says the game is going to ship Friday. :/

Can I just buy it at BestBuy tomorrow and when the Amazon one comes, return it but keep the OST and Artbook?

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
thetrin said:
I think Very Easy is a separate mode.

But what about super duper mega borderline retard easy? Or how about a "Fuck the dumb shit, computer please play this level for me" mode? Because thats what I need. I'm still thinking I might give this a shot because the concept is too interesting. And I know once I figure out the puzzle, it'll be easy the next time through but......I should get one of those Catherine pillows.....so I can stab it when I fail.

ultron87

kiunchbb said:

It usually takes till pretty late in the day for Amazon release date games to switch over to "shipped". It should still arrive to tomorrow.

Even though I know this it still annoys the hell out of me.

Omikaru

My copy still hasn't shipped from VG+. Then again, I'm not hugely bothered since I won't be playing it day 1 anyhow. I just hope it arrives relatively soon.

TxdoHawk

Keiician said:
Afair the "very easy" mode only adds "jump 3 blocks up" potions.

That just seems like an instant win powerup though.

Feel kind of bizarre...blew through the two levels in the demo without breaking a sweat. Mind you, I did watch a few videos a bit back, so I had a vague idea of some of the game's concepts. Those of you struggling may want to check GiantBomb's EX quicklook on this. There were some story bits shown, but it was early on and I don't recall anything being super-spoilery. They did show a boss that wasn't in the demo, but again, I believe it was an early boss, and I'm pretty sure said boss has been shown in media clips before. It's the
baby

But yeah, viewing that may give you a better idea of how to play.

All that aside, I paid off my pre-order and confirmed it's ready for pickup tomorrow. Feels good man.

Yuripaw

Banned
I've already touched my copy of this game in the back room at work, but ugh, gotta wait til tomorrow to take it home. I hate street dates. If it's in the store, just let retailers sell it! I hate the build up to the stupid street dates, what difference does it make. I've preordered it, Ive got it paid off. I'm ready.

Omikaru said:
My copy still hasn't shipped from VG+. Then again, I'm not hugely bothered since I won't be playing it day 1 anyhow. I just hope it arrives relatively soon.
Yeah, VGplus is oddly slow here. It's especially weird since they notified us last week that shipping preparations are already happening and we can't cancel anymore.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
truly101 said:
But what about super duper mega borderline retard easy? Or how about a "Fuck the dumb shit, computer please play this level for me" mode? Because thats what I need. I'm still thinking I might give this a shot because the concept is too interesting. And I know once I figure out the puzzle, it'll be easy the next time through but......I should get one of those Catherine pillows.....so I can stab it when I fail.
LOL, I think I need that, too.

GringoJB

kiunchbb said:

Just this second got my shipping notice email from Amazon (for release date shipping)! Have faith, others! UPS tracking number isn't returning anything yet on ups.com, but I'm sure it's all good.

Can't wait!

atomsk

Party Pooper
Xamdou said:
8 different endings!?

Katherine True Ending
Katherine Normal Ending
Katherine Bad Ending
Catherine True Ending
Catherine Normal Ending
Catherine Bad Ending
Freedom True Ending
Freedom Normal Ending

Xamdou

atomsk said:
Katherine True Ending
Katherine Normal Ending
Katherine Bad Ending
Catherine True Ending
Catherine Normal Ending
Catherine Bad Ending
Freedom True Ending
Freedom Normal Ending

*head explodes* Lot's of replay value right there.

FireCloud

dralla said:
are they going to fix the audio levels changing between gameplay and cutscenes that was in the demo?

I'd like to know this as well. Can anyone who already has the game confirm whether or not the volume levels between FMVs and gameplay are as out of whack as they are in the demo?

Holy crap, Gamefly is shipping this for me today. I forgot I threw it on there and it wasn't even at the top of my queue. I guess I'll be chiming in this week!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
An-Det said:
It has shipped for me from Amazon. Cant wait to play it tomorrow.

Mine has as well. I don't really know what to expect from this, I even decided against playing the demo, but it's exciting in a way. I'm tired of knowing exactly what to expect.

Tomorrow is the day, ladies and gents.

Surprisingly, my more shooter-centric buddies have showed interest for Catherine and will be coming with me to pick it up.

Hope that somehow bodes well for first month sales. Though, Atlus seems to have put solid effort in marketing and getting this game out there in the first place.

Volcynika

Persona7 said:
Wow, the Atlus Customer Service is absolutely horrible.

Jesus christ why would they employ these people.

Yes, complain and don't mention what happened. What are you talking about?

froliq

Have been waiting for a interesting console release for a while, but I wont be playing it this week since I'll be going on vacation. :<

I guess Xenoblade has to wait once I get back!

Top Bottom