• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Catherine |OT| Sheep, Matrimony, Terror - Love Is Gone

Ledsen said:
Oh, yessssssssssssssssssssssss! But

Catherine will feature localised text in French, Italian, German and Spanish.

I wish they could be satisfied with English and stop delaying games >:)
No need to be selfish. If you really want english only, import the PS3 version.

Ledsen

Lostconfused said:
No need to be selfish. If you really want english only, import the PS3 version.

I don't own a PS3. Also, those of us who live in countries where most people do speak English have been punished since the SNES days with huge delays on games because of translation issues. Just airing some old grievances, that's all!

Duffyside

Banned
I was on the fence about this game; not just waiting for a price drop, but in buying it at all, as there are about ten games I haven't even opened yet on my shelf.

So, I tried the demo finally the other day, and then the next morning I pre-ordered it on Amazon. I was the first to say "really, this is just a block-pushing puzzle game? Not a fucking turn-based RPG?" when the first videos were released, but I just had to play that demo to say "you know what? Totally fine with this." Yeah, it's not as fun to me as a shooter or platformer, but hell, Portal's a puzzle game. Granted by the looks of Catherine, Portal 2 seems to be more varied in its puzzles, but we'll see.

But it's the story, the theme, the characters, and the presentation that made me pre-order Catherine. Just like Persona 4, these guys may not know incredibly deep, innovative gameplay, but I really feel their top-tier in the other things I just mentioned.

There isn't another developer I can think of where I just love the look of their UIs and menus. I love the way in Catherine specifically when you back out of Options, the words quickly crumble or fall away. Such a small but brilliant touch that ties in with the entire game, and that's the freakin' Options menu!

By the way, when the game is loading there are some like chain-silhouettes being pulled tight across the black background, and this reminded me of the chains you'd see in Persona 4 (I believe the place you buy new weapons/armor). Is there a reason for this? Is it just coincidence? Am I imagining it?

Duffyside

Banned
Ledsen said:
I don't own a PS3. Also, those of us who live in countries where most people do speak English have been punished since the SNES days with huge delays on games because of translation issues. Just airing some old grievances, that's all!
This is your own fault: support your most crazy political party, and take over all of Europe all ready.

ampere

thetrin said:
My copy should be coming from Amazon with my new arcade stick (for fighting games and shmups, not for Catherine :p)

Actually...I wonder how it would play with the arcade stick...
:lol do it, considering it's puzzle based, I'm sure it would work

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Mine is already in Philadelphia, so it's getting close (I'm in MI). I'm starting to get pretty excited about playing this.

Ken said:
Got my copy. Slightly disappointed that the artbook isn't hard bound, but I guess keeping it softbound lets them package it the same way they packaged Divinity 2 with its artbook.
bb5678d1.jpg

Nice. I much prefer the 360 box art. I'm jealous.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Gonna play the demo for the first time tonight. VERY excited. I cannot wait.

Ken

Flipped through the artbook.

A lot of text (in both English and French (?) and not enough art. :(

Manual is surprisingly thick and all color, though. :)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Ken said:
Manual is surprisingly thick and all color, though. :)

Atlus continues to deliver! So many games these days are black and white and like, 3 pages. :(

Volcynika

thetrin said:
Atlus continues to deliver! So many games these days are black and white and like, 3 pages. :(

Yeah some manuals were literally just a folded piece of paper. I just look at it and go "what."

Ken

thetrin said:

It's about 20 pages of of the manual in English, and another 20 of the French translation, but everything is in color.

SpaceBridge said:
Oh no,
thats not good

It's a tad
underwhelming
IMO but it's free so I can't complain.

mr_chun

Man I love Atlus, and this looks like their usual unusual antics. Can't wait to give this game a try when I get the chance.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
SpaceBridge said:
Crap, where in Toronto did you pick it up?
Fuck...my ebgames said there was a problem with their shipment and it would come 'sometime this week'. This is after they told me street date was broken and Monday afternoon was likely.

Kuro Madoushi said:
Fuck...my ebgames said there was a problem with their shipment and it would come 'sometime this week'. This is after they told me street date was broken and Monday afternoon was likely.

Which one told you this. I swear, if my preorder doesnt come in tomorrow, but I can get it elsewhere, then Im cancelling and switching to something else.

Ken

ultron87 said:
Is there any sort of container that fits both the artbook and the game? Or is the book totally separate?

On the normal edition: Plastic wrap. Artbook is on the back with a paper thingy on it. It's identical to the Divinity 2 X360 Limited Edition if you're familiar with it. I'll take a picture of how it's arranged, though I've already opened it.

e3d9aedd.jpg

Artbook and a copy of the back of the box art stacked on top of back of the case, wrapped in plastic. The game itself is wrapped again in the usual game case wrapping. Soundtrack CD is kept on an inside flap on the back of the artbook which is cool. Picture of the manual also.

Quixzlizx

1. The music is giving me some serious Persona jonesing

2. Should I bother getting this game if it took me 5+ tries to beat the demo? I was getting pretty pissed near the end... the controls are kind of janky, too. I kept over-stepping and pushing when I wanted to pull.

cj_iwakura

Quixzlizx said:
1. The music is giving me some serious Persona jonesing

2. Should I bother getting this game if it took me 5+ tries to beat the demo? I was getting pretty pissed near the end... the controls are kind of janky, too. I kept over-stepping and pushing when I wanted to pull.

You'll get better. Oh, you'll get angry. But you'll get better.

I almost forgot about this coming out tomorrow! I had to cancel my amazon preorder from way back when but I'll just go pick this up tomorrow anyway. No art book for me I guess :(

Thoraxes

No shipping confirmation from Amazon yet.
This is either going to be one of those times where I get no shipping info at all, or it'll ship at like 6AM, because I only live like 3 hours from a distribution center anyways.

Or I will have to keep the heads of all who have fallen in my lust for blood and rampage from not getting it with the shipping I chose.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Thoraxes said:
No shipping confirmation from Amazon yet.
This is either going to be one of those times where I get no shipping info at all, or it'll ship at like 6AM, because I only live like 3 hours from a distribution center anyways.

Or I will have to keep the heads of all who have fallen in my lust for blood and rampage from not getting it with the shipping I chose.
I got next day on the arcade stick I ordered last night, and it still hasn't shipped. :mad: My copy of Catherine shipped already, too!

Yuripaw

Banned
My local gamestop was probably one of the only stores to have a midnight launch. We have a lot of Japanese fans there, and I got my set tonight ^_^ installing now.

IMAG0231.jpg

daffy

Banned
Ledsen said:
People that don't know fluent English should be taken care of too, no? Europe is pretty big.
Yuripaw said:
My local gamestop was probably one of the only stores to have a midnight launch. We have a lot of Japanese fans there, and I got my set tonight ^_^ installing now.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/Ockman/IMAG0231.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Is that a... pizza box? Mind blown.

Leeness

Aw...heck.

I wasn't sure about this game, then I finally got around to playing the demo and I really liked it.

Now I'm sad cause I'm too poor to buy it until it price drops. :(

Though I'm pretty sure when I eventually get it, I'll have to play it on super easy, haha. I'm awful at these games. I built myself into a corner in the demo like, twice.

Yuripaw

Banned
Damn this game is tricky, even early on. lol But I'm really diggin it. It's exactly what I'd hoped it'd be like. People kept bitching and complaining about the block climbing stuff (people i know anyway), but it really is challenging.

Has anyone else noticed how freaking high in Amazon this game has been pulling.

Its #6 and #9 for the PS3 copies, and top 50/100 for 360. For an obscure hardcore Japanese puzzle game with softcore innuendo and cleavage on the front cover, I'm super surprised.

On that note, what do you guys think I should do, I'm getting the PS3 CE version tomorrow. Should I keep it sealed and then just play the game borrowing it down the line (rental/used then beat+return/friend) or open it (enjoy the clothes, artbook, game right away, etc)

I feel like a game like this could either gravitate to not-worth-much status because of the middling sales, or super rare because Atlus in-house niche game.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
sersteven said:
Has anyone else noticed how freaking high in Amazon this game has been pulling.

Its #6 and #9 for the PS3 copies, and top 50/100 for 360. For an obscure hardcore Japanese puzzle game with softcore innuendo and cleavage on the front cover, I'm super surprised.

On that note, what do you guys think I should do, I'm getting the PS3 CE version tomorrow. Should I keep it sealed and then just play the game borrowing it down the line (rental/used then beat+return/friend) or open it (enjoy the clothes, artbook, game right away, etc)

I feel like a game like this could either gravitate to not-worth-much status because of the middling sales, or super rare because Atlus in-house niche game.

Just play it, you can still re-seal it later, nowadays I doubt anyone can tell the difference as long as you pay close attention to the original sealing method.

My copy still say "Shipping Soon"... dam it.

I like the online portion of this game, seeing how other people answered the questions is cool. So far im really enjoying the game. I only played 10 mins of the demo so I dont know anything story wise. Already played 2 hours. It gets pretty difficult quick but im managing well on normal.

joe1138

Yuripaw said:

IMAG0231.jpg

Kinda regretting not picking up the Collector's Edition right about now.

My CE copy arrived to wherever they send their shipments to via Amazon, so I should get it tomorrow. I'm stoked. I only died once in the demo, but that was on Easy. This should be a fun ride.

I really think this game will sell pretty well, just from seeing the amount of hype its getting, and the amount of people that I know that are getting it.

Top Bottom