• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Catherine |OT| Sheep, Matrimony, Terror - Love Is Gone

Moofers

Got my reg edition from GameStop and saw they had quite a few pre-orders. About 6 of the Love is Over on PS3, 4 on 360, then 8 reg editions on PS3, 5 on 360. I have to say, I almost regret not getting the Love is Over Edition. The box is really sweet looking. Not as big as I thought, but just right.

RDreamer

Pretty pissed at Amazon. I really wanted to play this today, since I don't have much work to do today, but I probably will the rest of the week. And I go in late tomorrow, so even if it comes in tomorrow I probably can't play it... I'm tempted to go buy it from Gamestop, but cancellation isn't guaranteed on amazon.com....

dexterslu said:
From the all the reports here and the experience at my local store it seems like the game is going to be on a pretty limited run for a period of time.

Where I went had a few ordered by people.

I like seeing other player's answers to questions asked.

Just picked up my "Love is Dead" Deluxe edition on my break at GS. Only me and one other customer ordered the Deluxe (figures). The box is under my desk right now. Looks so purdy. Work better treat me well for the next 5 hours.

Hobbun

dexterslu said:
From the all the reports here and the experience at my local store it seems like the game is going to be on a pretty limited run for a period of time.

That's pretty much par for the course in regards to Atlus games. And I doubt it will be only for a 'period of time'. You'll see the game for a short while at the stores, and then it will just disappear.

I'll be picking my copy up today after work (preordered).

Volcynika

JumpingTheGun said:
Just picked up my "Love is Dead" Deluxe edition on my break at GS. Only me and one other customer ordered the Deluxe (figures). The box is under my desk right now. Looks so purdy. Work better treat me well for the next 5 hours.

Love is Over. Over! Not Dead!

Hobbun said:
That's pretty much par for the course in regards to Atlus games. And I doubt it will be only for a 'period of time'. You'll see the game for a short while at the stores, and then it will just disappear.

glad I got my hands on the Deluxe Edition then

Panda Rin

I'm loving the game so far. Everything about the game just points toward the Persona team. I also love the fact that everything in the game is voiced (even the menu). I hope all of this translates to Persona 5.

Median

Toronto people, the game seems to be in at most Future Shop locations in the city. I just grabbed mine from Yonge/Eg.

ToyBroker

Banned
I picked it up this morning.

Made sure the game was wrapped nice and tight in the plastic bag so no one saw. Asked the clerk if he had any paper bags to wrap this thing in. We enjoyed ourselves.

dexterslu

Hobbun said:

I think it depends, if it warrants it in terms of sales Atlus will print more copies (see Demon Souls).

ToyBroker said:

Made sure the game was wrapped nice and tight in the plastic bag so no one saw. Asked the clerk if he had any paper bags to wrap this thing in. We enjoyed ourselves.
This is the saddest thing I've read this week.

Moofers

dexterslu said:
I think it depends, if it warrants it in terms of sales Atlus will print more copies (see Demon Souls).
Yeah. I'm pulling for Catherine to see some measure of success because I feel like these games should be supported, but I only have ONE friend who's buying this game today. ONE. That's out of like 20 or so people on my PSN list, and another 30 or so on Xbox LIVE. So out of 50 people that I talk to fairly regularly, only one person besides myself is getting it. Considering how many of the people in my circle buy like every fucking game that comes out, that's not very good. The most common reason is "It seems like a $20 XBL game". *sigh*

Oh well.

FireCloud

Just picked up my preorder copy from Gamestop. It appeared to be the only copy they had behind the counter. Question is, do I crack this thing open today or wait until I complete the games I'm currently playing? .... decisions, decisions.

ToyBroker said:

I didn't feel awkward picking up Catherine. Not like I did with Hyperdimension Neptunia ;-)

Hobbun

dexterslu said:

Oh, agreed. You do sometimes see Atlus games with 2nd or even 3rd print runs. Radiant Historia is another one. But it’s just that each print run is always small, as well and still makes it hard to just walk into a game store and buy their games off the shelf.

I hope Catherine does well. Not just for the fact that we would see more copies, but for the fact Atlus is making more money. Atlus making more money is always a good thing for JRPG fans in my opinion.

LiK

CloakedPuppet said:
Yep, I waltzed in to Best Buy and grabbed my copy from the female teller. I couldn't help but note that she kind of gave it a disapproving look but, then again, I'm interested in impressing a cashier. :p

you should've bought it with a Disney movie.

Thoraxes

I haven't shaved in like, 10 days. Looks like i'm going to look like one of those creepy neckbeard guys who buy these kind of games in public. Why does my beard grow so fast?

Nothing to be ashamed of though. What else can I do when my March 1st preorder hasn't even shipped yet with release-date delivery?

Gotta love Atlus.

According to two EB games in the GTA, Catherine was brought to the stores by the district manager via cab.

Don't care how it got there, just know that I've got my PS3 version in hand and also helped a friend get his.

I tried pleading for a PS3 collector's edition, but at both stores the employee said every single unit they received was already pre-ordered by a customer.

It's all good though, about to fire of Catherine right now.

Kambing

I was suppose to get it today Amazon, i did the release date delivery =(

Was really looking forward to playing this today too. Ah well. Hope you guys who have gotten your games can enjoy it!

Thoraxes said:
I haven't shaved in like, 10 days. Looks like i'm going to look like one of those creepy neckbeard guys who buy these kind of games in public.

Iamwatchingyou.gif

LOL, i can already picture it my friend. "Give me the damn game! The one with the girl on it."

Moofers

Thoraxes said:
I haven't shaved in like, 10 days. Looks like i'm going to look like one of those creepy neckbeard guys who buy these kind of games in public. Why does my beard grow so fast?

Nothing to be ashamed of though. What else can I do when my March 1st preorder hasn't even shipped yet with release-date delivery?

lol The GS I went to had two other guys come in to get their copies of Catherine after me. Both looked kind of nerdy and embarassed about it. They said pretty quietly "I pre-ordered Catherine".

Like who cares? Seriously. Its not like you're buying a game where lolis get tentacle-raped and little kirby-looking things dance around stupidly in the background. Its an adult-themed game. It has a cool story. It brings a high level of polish and superior presentation. What's not to like? I guess maybe because the 3 main characters aren't toting giant machine guns its suddenly not manly enough? That's stupid. Buy your game with your head held high. You're a fucking man.

**Wanted to clarify, the 2nd part of this post is not directed specifically at neck-beard guy. Carry on, bearded one. You hold your head high though too, ok?**

tiff

Banned
Guess I'm lucky because my Amazon copy arrived today. I'll try to finally finish up Atelier Rorona today and then see how much Catherine I can sneak in while someone else entertains the guests for the next few days.

FireCloud said:
I didn't feel awkward picking up Catherine. Not like I did with Hyperdimension Neptunia ;-)
I wouldn't feel awkward picking up either. Have some pride in what you enjoy!

Cheska

I'm about to leave for work and my game isn't here yet :( If I hadn't only paid $33 for my Love is Over edition I would have run out to Gamestop to buy a copy from them, but alas I must be strong and wait.

CloakedPuppet said:
Yep, I waltzed in to Best Buy
Just did this. There was one PS3 copy and two 360 copies. This came after going to the somewhat closer GameStop that didn't have a copy that wasn't preordered. The guy there also called two other stores and they didn't have one either. Oh well, installing now.

Hobbun

Master Milk said:
Just did this. There was one PS3 copy and two 360 copies. This came after going to the somewhat closer GameStop that didn't have a copy that wasn't preordered. The guy there also called two other stores and they didn't have one either. Oh well, installing now.

Installing? How big is the installation?

tokkun

Addendum: BUY CATHERINE OR DIE. [annoyingfakespoiler]Kidding about the death part, but seriously. I want a HD Persona ASAP.[/spoiler]

I'm not sure I follow the logic of "making Catherine a success will make Persona come faster".

Wouldn't making their non-Persona projects successful make them less pressured to make a new Persona their next project and more emboldened to do other non-Persona stuff?

ultron87

tokkun said:
I'm not sure I follow the logic of "making Catherine a success will make Persona come faster".

Wouldn't making their non-Persona projects successful make them less pressured to make a new Persona their next project and more emboldened to do other non-Persona stuff?

I think the thing we're most concerned is that they realize that they can be successful on an HD console.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
tokkun said:

I honestly don't care for Persona so this is me telling them to make more games like this instead.

Thoraxes

ultron87 said:
I think the thing we're most concerned is that they realize that they can be successful on an HD console.
For me it was that they can keep translating and selling great games over in NA, AND your reason too.

Also my Amazon copy just shipped, but is expected to come tomorrow without any refund for the shipping that I paid for. Gonna return it the second it comes in the mail. Going to Gamestop instead.

Top Bottom