• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Catherine |OT| Sheep, Matrimony, Terror - Love Is Gone

Hobbun

mattp said:
well that's my point, gamestops never order copies of games unless it's to fullfill a preorder.(maybe 2 or 3 like you said)
it seems silly to me, because i can go to best buy and find 10 copies on the shelf(maybe not 10 in catherine's case since it's pretty niche, but for most games)

Gamestop locations never order their stock. They only can take what is ordered for them by the powers that be (whoever does the ordering in the company for that area). With preorders, they submit their preorder amount to who takes care of the ordering, and they are sent at least that amount.

As for having ’10 copies like Best Buy/Wal-mart’, they don’t order a lot for niche games, just so it doesn’t sit on their shelf. The larger retail stores get a lot of more business and they can also afford to order the larger amounts and have the games sit over a period of time.

Now with games like Call of Duty, Halo, Pokemon, etc., where the sales are high, then yes, you will see a lot of copies at GS. But for niche titles, it doesn’t make sense for them to have a lot of stock of them.

LiK

Aquavelvaman said:
The only bad part is that the game tells you to get a snack after the install is over, not before. Haven't devs learned their lesson from DMC4 sandwichgate?
lol

Hobbun

Aquavelvaman said:
The only bad part is that the game tells you to get a snack after the install is over, not before. Haven't devs learned their lesson from DMC4 sandwichgate?

How large of an install is it?

Aquavelvaman said:

The real crime is that there are still 7-10 second loading screens between levels, making me wonder what the install is actually accomplishing
in before someone blames Gamebryo

snap0212

AxelMusic/PlanetAxel have shipped my order. I really did not expect them to ship it today. Can't wait to finally play it. :)

Pirabear

Banned
Managed to pick it up at the store. Would it be masochism if I'm considering doing my first play through on Hard after dying once in the demo?

Zafir

snap0212 said:
AxelMusic/PlanetAxel have shipped my order. I really did not expect them to ship it today. Can't wait to finally play it. :)
May I ask what version and when you ordered it? My copy from them still hasn't shipped. :/

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Pie and Beans said:
my VGP order hasn't shipped yet! Looks like it'll be a while before I get to play :<

Thats right VGP! You read my GAF comment and you send me an email of "Shipped" status as a response right away! We have come to terms.

Luminate said:
Managed to pick it up at the store. Would it be masochism if I'm considering doing my first play through on Hard after dying once in the demo?

I think the general consensus is that if you'd like a new controller or to see what you'd look like with patches of hair hair missing from your head, then play on Hard.

mattp

Hobbun said:
Gamestop locations never order their stock. They only can take what is ordered for them by the powers that be (whoever does the ordering in the company for that area). With preorders, they submit their preorder amount to who takes care of the ordering, and they are sent at least that amount.

As for having ’10 copies like Best Buy/Wal-mart’, they don’t order a lot for niche games, just so it doesn’t sit on their shelf. The larger retail stores get a lot of more business and they can also afford to order the larger amounts and have the games sit over a period of time.

Now with games like Call of Duty, Halo, Pokemon, etc., where the sales are high, then yes, you will see a lot of copies at GS. But for niche titles, it doesn’t make sense for them to have a lot of stock of them.
eh, oh well. that's not my problem, it's their's
i'm not preordering games from them, so i'll gladly just go to another store that has things in stock without me having to pay them in advance

I've been playing my 360 version and the cutscenes look nowhere near as compressed as the screenshots going around - I'm in 1080p, if that makes any difference. The load times are really quick on 360, with no install. I have a PS3 one sitting here but the cutscenes look fine on Xbox and if the load times really are an issue... blergh.

I'll pop in the PS3 version later, but the only thing that's bugging me so far about 360 is the d-pad (duh) and some of the compression on the dialog. Is the dialog audio on the PS3 version uncompressed?

BigJiantRobut said:
I'll pop in the PS3 version later, but the only thing that's bugging me so far about 360 is the d-pad (duh) and some of the compression on the dialog. Is the dialog audio on the PS3 version uncompressed?

From a multiplatform basis audiophile GAF has me believe sound is better with the ps3 versions.

Urban Scholar said:
From a multiplatform basis audiophile GAF has me believe sound is better with the ps3 versions.

Yeah, there's a fair amount of distortion on the 360's dialog, but nothing terrible - it's only really noticeable every now and then with hard "S" sounds. If that's not in the PS3 version that's a definite bonus.

Besides, the 360 version has the best
cover

With every Xseed, Atlus or Aksys game thread there is always that guy who never pre-orders it and expects it to be in stock.

Will they ever learn?

mattp

Square Triangle said:
With every Xseed, Atlus or Aksys game thread there is always that guy who never pre-orders it and expects it to be in stock.

Will they ever learn?
haha, first time it happened to me. but yeah, i should have just ordered on amazon, oh well. i'll find one tonight

so psyched to play

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Square Triangle said:

Will they ever learn?

That's why you order from Amazon.

Hobbun

mattp said:
eh, oh well. that's not my problem, it's their's
i'm not preordering games from them, so i'll gladly just go to another store that has things in stock without me having to pay them in advance

That’s your right to do so.

But you were the one complaining about GS not having copies you could just pluck off the shelf at your convenience and I was explaining why that is the case.

My point is, if you want to just walk in and pick up a niche game up off the shelf, then yes, it is best to go to a larger retail store and buy it there. But don’t expect smaller stores to be the same way.

FireCloud

pelicansurf said:
Am I the only one who likes the PS3 cover the best? It's clearly way cooler than some fully dressed chick.

I prefer the PS3 cover myself. I was surprised to see how many in this thread preferred the 360 cover. I wonder if we are in the minority.

Binx

The PS3 version is sitting on my desk while the soundtrack plays on my stereo. I am counting the hours until I can stop working and get busy with Catherine/Katherine.

Pirabear

Banned
JumpingTheGun said:
I think the general consensus is that if you'd like a new controller or to see what you'd look like with patches of hair hair missing from your head, then play on Hard.

Haha, normal it is!

N4Us

I didn't preorder this, and I went to my Gamestop today and they only had one 360 copy and nobody preordered that version, so I was able to get that. With the preorder bonus CD and artbook.

I'm the luckiest idiot sometimes.

Echonov

Neo Member
I wouldn't accept amazon.ca's estimated ship date of Friday so I cancelled and ordered the deluxe edition from gamestop.ca last night. You can still order the Love is Over edition there, but for some reason, not from gamestop.com. And it appears that it was the right choice, since I just got the shipping email from them. Also, I noticed that they added something odd to my order (at no charge):

CATHERINE:LOVE/OVER DLX X360 Quantity Shipped: 1
NARUTO SHIPPUDEN:DRAGON WII Quantity Shipped: 1 (wut)

And to answer my own question earlier in the thread, these gamerpics are in the OXM September issue. They're the equivalents of the ones you can find on the official website.

WghTK.jpg

using Katherine, of course.

Lakupo

Blah, I had it, but then of course I had to get all picky. The Love Is Over edition came, but with a dent in the corner of the box, and I feel stupid exchanging it over a dent, but I did buy the collector's edition pack for the resale value... oh well, I'll get my replacement tomorrow, and someone can buy a cheap copy from the Amazon Warehouse.

george_us

I guess I just have amazing luck. I've been ordering from amazon for nearly four years and I've never had a shipment delayed. Even in an ice storm.

JohngPR

Does anyone know if you'd still get the artbook and OST if you order now that the pre-order time is up? Amazon still shows the artbook and CD on the main picture of the product when you look it up. Just wondering.

Top Bottom