• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Catherine |OT| Sheep, Matrimony, Terror - Love Is Gone

Drewfonse

Just read from a normally reliable source that if you hold the BACK button down while at the difficulty select screen, you will hear a chime. If you select EASY at this point, the game defaults to VERY EASY instead.

Tigel

Another FYI on the difficulty.
From the manual: "to activate an optional Very Easy mode, hold the select button for several seconds ..."

So it seems that the easy mode as not been made easier in the US version, for those who were wondering.

Edit: beaten :/
On another note, its nice to see Atlus is one of the only publisher that still cares about game manual. And its in color!

aceface

Ordered the Xbox 360 version by mistake from Amazon instead of the PS3 version. Now I got a wait a couple of days for the package to get back to them and the right one to get back to me again. fml :(

Does anybody know if the retail version fixed the problem with the inconsistent audio levels that was in the demo?

*edit* nvm, post above mentions that it's still there...

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The girlfriend picked up my copy for me, now I just gotta get through the next 5 hours of work. I'm just hoping she doesn't open the package and think I'm a secret creeper.

I'm excited.

Knux-Future said:
really?

damn that sucks.

I play most of my games at night so this really sucks for me.

Oh well ,I'll manage

wQTf0.jpg

Hey Knux, didn't know you were part of Best-GAF-Catherine crew.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
BigJiantRobut said:
So far I think the dub is pretty awesome. Especially all the
sweary sheep
Well, beyond the annoying sound issues, it's just another case of the same old people playing the same old roles over again. I just wish they sprung the extra cash for the Japanese voices is all.

Cheska

Bankoiia said:
I wish they would hurry up with mine. Still no progress and I've had it preordered since May 3rd.

Same here! Just called my brother and still no sign. I wish I would have had it delivered to my work since business mail comes earlier.

TimeLike

Just got my copy. Don't know squat about the game except that I'll probably wait for the wife to hit the hay before I put it in.

I definitely want to pick up a full soundtrack - the game only comes with the stage themes, and goddamn I want to blast the menu theme in my car.

zeldablue

Oh wow.

I'm a girl, but I really want to play this game. Though, I think I'll wait till I'm back in college, since playing this around my parents seems...like a bad idea. It's so tempting! But I'll wait till next month to play this one. :)

I'd like to hear more about people's opinions on this game though. I definitely like the story, and I'm a sucker for puzzle games.

legbone

zeldablue said:
Oh wow.

I'm a girl, but I really want to play this game. Though, I think I'll wait till I'm back in college, since playing this around my parents seems...like a bad idea. It's so tempting! But I'll wait till next month to play this one. :)

I'd like to hear more about people's opinions on this game though. I definitely like the story, and I'm a sucker for puzzle games.

screw it. it's just a game. besides, isn't college for experimentation anyway? :p if they freak just tell them, "hey at least it's in a game".

Drewfonse

Played for a few hours,and I'mw loving it. Midway through night 3's challenges. Creative, quirky and wonderful. Playing on Easy, and I have a good 25 retries in my bank, but the puzzles themselves are just the right challenge.

zeldablue said:
Though, I think I'll wait till I'm back in college, since playing this around my parents seems...like a bad idea.

f0YYV.png

It's pretty obvious from the trailer, but there are a few moments in the game that will reproduce 'the Vamp effect.'

zeldablue

Hahaha!

First Zelda Skyward Sword and now this! It's okay, I think my friends will enjoy this game with me.

Or they might just leave the room from the awkwardness, not sure.

casiino

Neo Member
Was able to get a 5$ credit from Amazon after complaining about the shipping delay...better than nothing I suppose.

frogg609

I'm on the 3rd night (on Normal) and am getting obliterated. Is there something really bad for being a wuss and going down to easy? Or should I just tough it out?

I'm more curious about story differences and endings versus Trophies.

Panda Rin

I can't seem to get the "Very Easy" Mode to work on the main menu. Does the same method apply of holding the select button while inside the Stray Sheep work for any of you?

EDIT: It seems the "Easy" mode is actually the patched "Easy" mode?

Coverly

Just played about an hr's worth, I'm really liking it.

The puzzles so far (I've done 3 stages on medium) are fun, I haven't gotten stuck yet. I have died though, from falling by mistake while hanging onto ledges. The sheep are hilarious.

My only negative is the subtitles. Is there really no way to turn them off? They are really distracting. Voice acting is great btw.

Volcynika

frogg609 said:
I'm on the 3rd night (on Normal) and am getting obliterated. Is there something really bad for being a wuss and going down to easy? Or should I just tough it out?

I'm more curious about story differences and endings versus Trophies.

Endings shouldn't be affected by difficulty, as far as I know. Just do the option that's more enjoyable.

Coverly said:
Just played about an hr's worth, I'm really liking it.

The puzzles so far (I've done 3 stages on medium) are fun, I haven't gotten stuck yet. I have died though, from falling by mistake while hanging onto ledges. The sheep are hilarious.

My only negative is the subtitles. Is there really no way to turn them off? They are really distracting. Voice acting is great btw.

Press A during a cutscene, it'll be an option on the fly.

Volcynika

Contacted Amazon just to inquire if there was some reason I was seeing so many delays (more than the normal), and they gave me $10 credit. Yay! (My deluxe was delayed a day)

Top Bottom