• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Catherine |OT| Sheep, Matrimony, Terror - Love Is Gone

Has anyone noticed that
the sinister voice actor in the game is Teddy from Persona 4?
I got a kick out of that when I realized.

Also got-dayum do I need those gamerpics.

TheExodu5

Banned
JohngPR said:
Does anyone know if you'd still get the artbook and OST if you order now that the pre-order time is up? Amazon still shows the artbook and CD on the main picture of the product when you look it up. Just wondering.

With Atlus games, from what I've seen, the entire first batch should have the bonus. Only subsequent batches (maybe in a month or so?) will ship without it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Beat up to the third level so far, really enjoying this. I love the sheep running around the levels, and go out of my way to do terrible things to them.

Does anyone know how the endings work with this game? I know it's based on alignment, but are the 9 endings all one the spectrum of the alignment meter, or does other stuff factor in to getting specific endings?

edit:

anyone know if there is a point of no return?

LiK

Amazon delivered. Hello gals.

CatKat-1-1.jpg

Ken

Looks like Amazon still has Love is Over editions in stock for normal orders. Might grab a second copy if it's still available a few months later.

Doh Amazon shipped to my old address. Kind of my fault but still sucks now I have to play "try to catch the package." Man really dug the demo though can't wait to play the full game.

LiK

Matt2thefuture said:
Doh Amazon shipped to my old address. Kind of my fault but still sucks now I have to play "try to catch the package." Man really dug the demo though can't wait to play the full game.

why do you have your old address in your address book?

Question about those who bought Catherine in store. I have ordered it from Amazon but it hasn't shipped. I would like to get the game. Plan to buy it at Gamestop and then return my Amazon copy to GS. Is the GS copy the exact same as the Amazon one? It should include the art and CD inside the box, correct?

Yuterald

Played about 2 hours of this on Normal so far. It's great! Game is oozing with style, soundtrack is awesome, and the game itself is very addicting. I got to the third stage and they seem to keep adding new traps and mechanics as you progress up the tower. Very cool.

All the bar stuff is handled nicely too. It's a lot of fun to talk to your bros and chat with the local crowd. I love how the ranking system works too. Combo strings and difficulty modifiers, getting all Golds is going to be challenging, but fun! Looking forward to getting more into this.

Ken

FallingEdge said:
Question about those who bought Catherine in store. I have ordered it from Amazon but it hasn't shipped. I would like to get the game. Plan to buy it at Gamestop and then return my Amazon copy to GS. Is the GS copy the exact same as the Amazon one? It should include the art and CD inside the box, correct?
They label it as a preorder bonus although it's packaged with the game. I have no idea if copies of the game sans art book exist. Regardless, you would be able to know if it was included when they hand you the game since there's a silver sticker on the front and the art book visible on the back (it's not inside the box but wrapped with it), and if neither are there you could just refuse the purchase and wait for the Amazon copy.

Try calling Gamestop and asking to see if their non-preorder copies have the art book?

Ken said:
They label it as a preorder bonus although it's packaged with the game. I have no idea if copies of the game sans art book exist. Regardless, you would be able to know if it was included when they hand you the game since there's a silver sticker on the front and the art book visible on the back, and if neither are there you could just refuse the purchase and wait for the Amazon copy.

Try calling Gamestop and asking to see if their non-preorder copies have the art book?

Will do. Thanks!

Not really spoilers, more about the interactions between Vincent and Katherine / Catherine. but... I'll tag it anyways.

About three levels into the game. I had decided to try and go for a Katherine ending... but I'm finding it harder and harder to be a dick to Catherine to keep my alignment in the blue. She just comes off as such a pleasant young woman. Really digging how its making me question myself!

Papercuts

BigJiantRobut said:
Oooooookay, I think I've hit the first difficulty wall with
Immoral Beast
. Jesus.

Haha, I got hung up on this one near the end. Feels really good when you actually reach the goal in this game.

Drewfonse

So pretty much my fears are confirmed then? After reading The Escapist review via Metacritic, as far as I can tell, there is no Very Easy mode, they've just made Easy extremely easy. So the gulf between Easy and Normal is now huge. Great. Would it have been too hard to just shoehorn a Very Easy mode in and leave Easy alone? Can anyone please confirm the difficulty settings? Thanks.

Just canceled my Amazon order, expected shipment date was Aug 2nd, I'll just pick it up at a store on my way home. Glad to hear the artbook/soundtrack are bundled, hopefully thats what i'll end up with.

About an hour in and loving the game so far, just got the chance to walk around the Stray Sheep. Voice acting and animation is top notch, this just makes me want Persona 5 360 even more. Choices definitely influence the K/Catherine-o-meter differently than I think they will.

Magnus

This game's a pretty wild and fresh breath of air so far. Diggin it! despite the brutally disjointed storytelling and pacing (which is just something to get used to with so many Japanese-made games, and I have, after all these years. It's still jarring though, as a Western player).

I kind of wish I had freedom to do even more in the waking world, but I'm still so early on. Things could change.

Playing on Normal and it's just about the perfect level of challenge for me.

JohngPR

TheExodu5 said:
With Atlus games, from what I've seen, the entire first batch should have the bonus. Only subsequent batches (maybe in a month or so?) will ship without it.

Cool. That's what I thought it might be.

I wasn't sure though because I saw the game at Best Buy today and was going to buy it from there but it made no mention of having any of that extra stuff and it was the censored box art so I decided not to.

Reveirg

I cancelled my amazon.ca because it seems the game would've arrived next week! As I did with Tactics Ogre and The 3rd Birthday, I also sent them an e-mail explaining that I'd keep cancelling my pre-orders for games as long as they wouldn't offer a more reasonable shipping time.

I ended up buying it at Gamebuzz in Montreal, they had at least a few copies in stock, as well as the artbook/soundtrack, even though I hadn't preordered it. I also know they have it in stock in a few Archambault around Montreal.

I picked up the PS3 version for the reasons posted above...

About the sound volume issues, I've heard it only happens if you're not listening to it in 5.1. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!

Papercuts

It said drinking a lot does something to your movement speed that night. Is it supposed to slow you down or speed you up? I didn't notice any difference.

Cheska said:
Is there a trophy for beating it on easy, normal, hard? Or is there just one for beating the game in general?

Progression ones unlock regardless of difficulty, but you unlock Babel levels by getting Gold in Normal or above. There's also one for getting all golds on hard.

Akselziys said:
Copy of Katherine GET! :D

Actually got two sent to me on accident it seems :3

send it to meeeeeeeeeeeee :D

jeez smh at no frys store near me :( the Deluxe love is over edition is $59.99 now and the regular is $50 :( fdskfjdskdfsldfkjds

Im thinking I may just play on Easy just to enjoy the storyline and unlock all the possible endings. The copious amount of bronzes you score for all endings and from a playthrough supercede the two golds imo.

JumpingTheGun said:
Im thinking I may just play on Easy just to enjoy the storyline and unlock all the possible endings. The copious amount of bronzes you score for all endings and from a playthrough supercede the two golds imo.

I am probably going to do the same.

Papercuts

Normal seems fine to me, so far. You can still undo moves, which apparently is different from the JP version.

_woLf

Picked up my 360 copy. Art book is no where near what Atlus usually does, and the soundtrack has no original music on it...just mixes of classical stuff. (Which is great, but would have liked the awesome songs that Meguro did specifically for the game..)

Kinda disappointing. :/

Bebpo

Banned
brianmcdoogle said:
Does anyone know how the endings work with this game? I know it's based on alignment, but are the 9 endings all one the spectrum of the alignment meter, or does other stuff factor in to getting specific endings?

edit:

anyone know if there is a point of no return?

Semi-spoiler about the point of no return.
Traditional 3 Alignments and then there's a point of no return around the last stage where each branch into 3 more.
. So if you want, you could do 3 endings at a time by just reloading a save. But you'd still need to play the game 3 times.

JumpingTheGun said:
Same
I don't wanna risk trying it on harder mode and just getting frustrated
I'd rather just enjoy the story

Drewfonse

So if I start on Normal and hit the wall at a certain point, can I change the difficulty to
Easy, pass the hurdle, and then switch back to Normal?

God damn I love this game. All of the characters are a ton of fun, but Vincent is probably my favorite protagonist in a game ever - at least, so far. There have been some genuinely laugh-out-loud lines and you can empathize with pretty much every character.

Katherine and Catherine, so far, aren't just straight GOOD CHOICE BAD CHOICE, and I really like that. Both of them have their high and low points, and I already feel kind of bad giving Catherine the run-around even though it's probably the right thing to do in Vince's situation.

demo was soooooo good. cant wait to pick up a copy this weekend when I get a little extra pocket money. This is something I gotta support, Xbox needs more games like this.

Papercuts

Drewfonse said:
So if I start on Normal and hit the wall at a certain point, can I change the difficulty to
Easy, pass the hurdle, and then switch back to Normal?

Yeah, you can change difficulty.

Top Bottom