• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Catherine |OT| Sheep, Matrimony, Terror - Love Is Gone

This game is blowing up - the fight is so deep: fight against the stage, fight against the opponent, fight against yourself... damn Atlus, what have you wrought?

If only

5l10W.jpg

sikkinixx

Finally beat it. Powered through the last 5 hours. Beat it in just over 10.

Fun game, great look/music/story, felt like Persona 4 the whole time, helped by the fact that all the voices are the same.

Still though, the twist was a little annoying, though nowhere near as bad as in P4, which just made me mad. It DID feel like it should have ended a bit sooner and the last few stages were tiresome. And Erica was once a dude? lol poor Toby. Got the True Ending with Katherine, which was nice and happy. Exactly what I wanted. I wish I could just play through all the story stuff again with no puzzles. A few of them I never want to do again.

Rarutos

I think the Catherine tournament last night pumped me up to actually finish the game today! I got the True Lovers ending myself... Great game over all! :)

JEKKI

whooo~!!! got my last ending! also I finally got the 20 texts trophy!!!

Im like almost at the 50 hour mark now o_O

still gotta do Rapunzel and Babel now.

sikkinixx said:
Finally beat it. Powered through the last 5 hours. Beat it in just over 10.

Fun game, great look/music/story, felt like Persona 4 the whole time, helped by the fact that all the voices are the same.

Still though, the twist was a little annoying, though nowhere near as bad as in P4, which just made me mad. It DID feel like it should have ended a bit sooner and the last few stages were tiresome. And Erica was once a dude? lol poor Toby. Got the True Ending with Katherine, which was nice and happy. Exactly what I wanted. I wish I could just play through all the story stuff again with no puzzles. A few of them I never want to do again.

Just get gold on all stages on a specific difficulty (EG: Easy) and replay on Easy, which lets you skip the puzzles.

sikkinixx

OneMoreQuestion said:
Just get gold on all stages on a specific difficulty (EG: Easy) and replay on Easy, which lets you skip the puzzles.

I had enough trouble with some of them on easy. It's weird, the first 3 or 4 nights, I got Gold without even trying. After night 4, all bronze. Annoyed me to no end.

THuynh

Neo Member
Can't say this enough, Catherine is my favorite game this year. Going to play P4 for the first time because of this game. Is P4 as good?

THuynh said:
Can't say this enough, Catherine is my favorite game this year. Going to play P4 for the first time because of this game. Is P4 as good?

It's the best puzzle game I have played in years, the mechanics are very impressive. On top of that great story and presentation. Importing was very much worth it for me.

rather than reading 60 pages, I thought I'd just ask - does the moral compass significantly affect dialogue throughout that it changes the plot? Or are they just slight variations on Vincents' responses, resulting in the same plot reactions until the very last stage?

I'm up to the point where Plot spoiler:
Day8, Katherine and Catherine finally meet in Vincent's room, and Catherine ends up getting stabbed. Vincent confesses his feelings towards Katherine and then wakes up. Katherine breaks up with Vincent, and he can't get over it. Does Vincent always bring Katherine up the Cathedral? Or is it based on alignment?

There seem to be various points slightly before and after this plot point where Vincent says [K/C]atherine, and the subtitles simply show "her" rather than her name. I'm assuming it's to hide who Vincent is referring to, which leads me to think that none of his reactions affect the plot until the very end.

ampere

THuynh said:
Persona 4 is amazing and you'll love the story for sure, but it's much longer and a completely different genre.

Definitely give it a shot.

ampere

radiantdreamer said:
rather than reading 60 pages, I thought I'd just ask - does the moral compass significantly affect dialogue throughout that it changes the plot? Or are they just slight variations on Vincents' responses, resulting in the same plot reactions until the very last stage?

I'm up to the point where Plot spoiler:
Day8, Katherine and Catherine finally meet in Vincent's room, and Catherine ends up getting stabbed. Vincent confesses his feelings towards Katherine and then wakes up. Katherine breaks up with Vincent, and he can't get over it. Does Vincent always bring Katherine up the Cathedral? Or is it based on alignment?

There seem to be various points slightly before and after this plot point where Vincent says [K/C]atherine, and the subtitles simply show "her" rather than her name. I'm assuming it's to hide who Vincent is referring to, which leads me to think that none of his reactions affect the plot until the very end.
Hmmmm, play through the rest of the game and it will make more sense how alignment affects things.

I feel like I'll spoil something if I try to explain it to you.

ciaossu said:
Persona 4 is amazing and you'll love the story for sure, but it's much longer and a completely different genre.

Definitely give it a shot.

For sure. Both games are a lot of fun to play for similar reasons despite being also pretty darn different. Give it a shot!

Those tourney videos are hilarious by the way. The slamified Catherine song on the related videos list is awesome too. : P

ciaossu said:
Hmmmm, play through the rest of the game and it will make more sense how alignment affects things.

I feel like I'll spoil something if I try to explain it to you.

Well, I've beaten the game. I know that at the very end
Your alignment and the last few questions determine the ending you get.

But I'm guessing that alignment doesn't affect the overall plot.
I've known for a while that the alignment stands for chaos and law, and not good vs evil.

The ending I got was True Lover's ending it seems, since
the last question asked I answered I'm Ready
Not sure if I have time for another playthrough of this game.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Anyone still playing this game?

Kazzy

radiantdreamer said:
Well, I've beaten the game. I know that at the very end
Your alignment and the last few questions determine the ending you get.

But I'm guessing that alignment doesn't affect the overall plot.
I've known for a while that the alignment stands for chaos and law, and not good vs evil.

The ending I got was True Lover's ending it seems, since
the last question asked I answered I'm Ready
Not sure if I have time for another playthrough of this game.

The final questions can change slightly depending on what path you take, and the previous answers.

Minamu

ULTROS! said:
Just started it up again to get the rest of the endings. Gonna watch the story one more time as I'm trying to get the Law endings. Will probably do 10 Rapunzel levels per night and then try out hard mode by the end.

ULTROS! said:

I have it on hold until I finish up my backlog. : P

There's babel, which I've only unlocked one part of, and many, many levels of Rapunzel to beat. I've only seen one ending too, so there's that. Awesome game by the way.

Top Bottom