• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Catherine |OT| Sheep, Matrimony, Terror - Love Is Gone

Andrefpvs

so1337 said:
I just wanted to say that I finished this game last night and had a nightmare about pushing blocks shortly thereafter.

If you backtrack through the thread you'll find that an alarming number of gaffers experienced the exact same thing -- me included .__.

so1337

Andrefpvs said:
If you backtrack through the thread you'll find that an alarming number of gaffers experienced the exact same thing -- me included .__.
That's crazy. Maybe we should exchange techniques if we ever run into each other.

Kazzy

so1337 said:
That's crazy. Maybe we should exchange techniques if we ever run into each other.

YES!!!

I've not had dreams but I was thinking of block formations whilst at work the other day, still hasn't helped me improve at the game though :(

totowhoa

Banned
Ha, I never mentioned it, but the same thing happened to me. It wasn't a nightmare though, as I never experience those. Atlus is screwing with our brains.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
You guys have been cheating, no?

Good thing I didn't get the dream (and yes, I'm a guy). :p

Nix

Banned
kyo_daikun said:
Had the same a few nights ago, bloody terrible!
O_O. Wait, I had that same exact dream...

And one of those goddamn sheep tried to push me off!! Fuck you, you're just sheep- I'll push you bastards first!!

polg

I'm really digging the game. Played around 10 hours over the weekend. Not sure I agree with the moral decisions and whether it is "chaotic" or not.

I'm sure this was said before, but I so want P5 on this engine...

Kazzy

polg said:
I'm really digging the game. Played around 10 hours over the weekend. Not sure I agree with the moral decisions and whether it is "chaotic" or not.

I'm sure this was said before, but I so want P5 on this engine...

I'm pretty sure that this was one of the main goals for the team which developed the game.

Some of the questions do have odd moral points behind them, especially the abstract ones you seem to get whenever you load up a save, those that involve ghosts and robots spring to mind!

sikkinixx said:
So I'm almost at end of the 4th night and I'm only 3 hours in... Seems like it will be over too soon. *sigggh*

Unless you're on easy, just wait until night 6 and 7. Think I ended up spending close to an hour on certain floors trying to figure out what the hell I was supposed to do.

Himself

sikkinixx said:
So I'm almost at end of the 4th night and I'm only 3 hours in... Seems like it will be over too soon. *sigggh*

Each night typically takes longer than the last. And as long as you spend time doing stuff in the bar each night, you should get around 15 hours out of the single player.

Himself said:
Each night typically takes longer than the last. And as long as you spend time doing stuff in the bar each night, you should get around 15 hours out of the single player.
It took me around 12 hours for just the story mode. There is post-game content that I haven't touched yet though.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
To all ye Catheriners: did any of you guys finish Axis Mundi in single player mode?

Einbroch

Banned
FUCK the ice levels. You know how many times I've lost because I get excited near the end of the level and slip off the edge?

So much rage inside me.

Nix

Banned
Einbroch said:
FUCK the ice levels. You know how many times I've lost because I get excited near the end of the level and slip off the edge?

So much rage inside me.
Hang onto the ledges and quickly make stairs with blocks. You won't slip that way and you'll be able to move them faster. Also, when moving ice blocks, you won't slip. Handy info for the stage.

Himself

Einbroch said:

So much rage inside me.

For whatever reason, the ice levels were a breeze for me. Managed to get a silver on my first play through where I pretty much got straight bronze throughout. Why? No clue.

Einbroch

Banned
Day 8.

Man, the first few levels of the last world before the "end" were so easy...then the boss battle completely ripped me a new asshole.

LOVING this game.

Doomrider

I just beat the game; true freedom ending. Vincent is such a great character. Oh, and 6-2 was, by far, the hardest stage in the game. The last few stages were pretty awesome; perfect balance between challenging and fun. I'm off to try all the different modes, difficulties and endings now!

JEKKI

I couldnt sleep last nite!!!

so I stayed up til 5 playing... finally beat the last 2 stages!!

Solid Gold all the way! got 2 more endings!!

now I gotta breeze my way thru the last 2, which unfortunately will take 2 playthrus...

I wonder how long a full SKIP playthru will take, even tho I still needa do the whole txt message thing.

vid

Ugh. I'm reaching a point where I really want to turn down the difficulty (I'm currently playing on Normal), but I feel like I'll just be cheating myself if I do. What specifically do the different levels of difficulty change? Block formations, or just the speed of which the level crumbles away? How much less of a man will the game call me for switching to Easy mode?

vid said:
Ugh. I'm reaching a point where I really want to turn down the difficulty (I'm currently playing on Normal), but I feel like I'll just be cheating myself if I do. What specifically do the different levels of difficulty change? Block formations, or just the speed of which the level crumbles away? How much less of a man will the game call me for switching to Easy mode?

I started on Easy, beat it, and am now on my second playthrough on Normal, and will be doing a 3rd after that on the highest difficulty. I'm pretty sure it's the speed that changes.

mintypixel said:
I started on Easy, beat it, and am now on my second playthrough on Normal, and will be doing a 3rd after that on the highest difficulty. I'm pretty sure it's the speed that changes.

...A lot of things change, not just the speed...

The block formations are different, the stages are usually longer with sometimes entirely new sections added in, the items are placed differently, the step chain goes down faster, block types are different (for example on easy you might encounter a wall of normal blocks where on hard a lot of them are bomb blocks instead)...

Yeah, it's way different.

JEKKI

vid said:
have u tried abusing the UNDO button?!?!

u get like UNDO 9 times for free! it's super broken!

LuchaShaq

Banned
Not going to spoil anything but for people who played their own thoughts and ended up the middle are you disappointed by the ending(s). Saw the rest on youtube and the only ones that didn't seem honestly bad were the extreme ends.

It's a bummer because I always answer what I would do/say in choices like this and I feel like I was penalized for not min maxing the questions.

leehom

Welp...I'm pretty bored and went ahead and picked it up. Is the ending the same for easy/normal modes? Right now I'm going through the game on easy.

Btw, what's up with the inconsistent sound? Sometimes it's low and sometimes it's really loud...

Top Bottom